PDA

View Full Version : NYGM map mod

Vader 1
01-10-07, 08:03 PM
Hello gents

I have SH3 and have installed NYGM 2.2 very nice I might add but small question.

I need the ship to be shown on my map ie when spotted. Is there a variation to NYGM 2.2 that I can add.

Thanks in advance
Vader

Uber Gruber
01-11-07, 05:41 AM
I think you simply need to load the supplied "Enable God Mode" mod that comes with NYGM. You can enable it using JSGME....can someone else confirm ?

I don't use it myself, I simply load the "Assistend Plotting" mod via JSGME, then uncheck the "disable map updates" option in the realism settings. The positions of all contacts known by sonar or visual will then appear on the map as circles if you move your mouse cursor down the contact lines. This solution gives me an approximation of the contacts position but not the exact position.....I feel this is ideal as it allows me to get an idea where all the contacts are but vague enough to maintain a level of uncertainty.....forcing me to improve my range estimation and plotting skills.

Hope this helps....Hans.

Corsair
01-11-07, 05:56 AM
I do the same, but I confirm there is an "Enable God's mod" in the optional features coming with the download.

poor sailor
01-11-07, 09:36 AM
Assisted plotting mod is a part of NYGM mod, there is no need to install it alone. And yes, there is a optional mod "Restore Eye-God mod".

Uber Gruber
01-11-07, 01:17 PM
I sit corrected....Assisted Plotting is part of standard NYGM install, just make sure the Enable Map Updates is checked.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hans.

Vader 1
01-19-07, 03:13 AM
sorry for delay but thanks gents it all makes sense now. 1st class help:yep:
Vader