PDA

View Full Version : GWX and no exploding bodies

Achtung Englander
01-10-07, 11:00 AM
Hi

Playing the truely superb GWX - my congrats btw it is a superb mod - I noticed that when I sink ships or rather when they explode there are no flying bodies

I used to have the Hollywood mod and it was kind of funny to see flying bodies everywhere

Is there a way to modify the files to add them in ?

Thanks
Sam

gouldjg
01-10-07, 12:16 PM
Have you tried this mod

Get it here http://rapidshare.com/files/9264283/...V1.00.rar.html

Its a small 625k download and only adds special effects.

I have had a tweak with some of the special effects in GWX because although I like much of the realism stuff, I also want to see the ships sink like they do in the movies and not like in real life i.e. just slipping under the water with little effect.

This mod just adds a bit of eye candy however can slightly unbalance the damage model. I am happy with it but you may find you are not getting the best from GWX compared to other players whom stick with GWX only.

Only try it if you want to play with more eye candy.

This mod is not endorsed or supported by the GWX team and any problems should be directed to this thread or by pm to myself. The same goes for SH3 commander users.

Vonhelsing’s GWX damage model works a treat for me as far as sinking times and randomness is concerned.

cobalt
01-10-07, 12:38 PM
people go boom in gwx

Boris
01-10-07, 12:43 PM
Yeah, there are plenty of flying bodies in GWX.

Kpt. Lehmann
01-10-07, 04:12 PM
Please be aware that in damage model testing for GWX it was found to be TRUE that some special effects do indeed cause damage... The potential for damage model breakage does exist for anyone wishing to tweak the effects.

Just letting ya know. ;)

LeafsFan
01-10-07, 04:59 PM
I'd just as soon not have flying bodies.

HB

gouldjg
01-10-07, 05:00 PM
Please be aware that in damage model testing for GWX it was found to be TRUE that some special effects do indeed cause damage... The potential for damage model breakage does exist for anyone wishing to tweak the effects.

Just letting ya know. ;)

Thats interesting

What specific effect are we talking about?

Kpt. Lehmann
01-10-07, 05:12 PM

Just letting ya know. ;)

Thats interesting

What specific effect are we talking about?

The information was passed to me in a voice conversation with vonHelsching. He has all the specifics regarding which does what.

Special effects were being directly discussed... specific effects I left to him as chief of damage modelling for GWX. VonHelsching and AG124 were quite thorough in damage model testing.

Let me clarify "breakage." By breakage I do not mean "CTD." I don't believe that is much of an issue here and you certainly understand working with effects. All that I am saying is that it may over or under-balance the damage absorption of various ships as modelled in GWX.

If this were not a true statement... we'd have been even more diverse with the effects than we have already.

I'm not saying your mod will not function. I'm just saying it may change the balance in an unrealistic fashion. (Nothing serious like a CTD etc.);)

gouldjg
01-10-07, 05:24 PM
I hope you dont think I was calling bluff KPT.

I remember a theoretical reasoning for some possible outcomes but back 6 months ago, it was theoretical. Maybe Von nailed this down as fact when I went awol for a while.

I'll go with what Von and yourself recommend and edit the readme on the mod so that people are aware of risk.

To be honest, I am happy with what I got now and will not be seeking anymore mods till SH4 (oooooo, what fun to start over)

To anyone reading this, take note, the above mod may unbalance damage model.

You have been warned

Thanks for the heads up Kpt

andy_311
01-10-07, 06:36 PM
I thought that too some of the ships blew up but "no flying bodies" but on closer examination there are flying bodies.