PDA

View Full Version : Engine Order Telegraph Sound Pack- Download Available!

Tikigod
01-09-07, 05:04 AM
This is a MUST download for EVERY SH3 Player!

This sound pack activates your Engine Order Telegraph to make it sound like a real authentic uboat telegraph like the one posted here at 0:46-0:48 seconds:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNP4ca2mMao

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Tikigod78/EngineOrdersTelegraph.jpg

It includes:

-An authentic uboat bell and working chain/gear noise that is synchronized with the 2-D and 3-D gauges.

-The bell turns off when rigged for silent running (only the telegraph handle gears are heard when speed is changed)

-Bell Chain/Gear sound effect is directional. You can hear it from its origin anywhere in the uboat.

-Complete Pack for all German Voices. (It will not work if you are using English voices)

-Does not alter the original voice of the CE (keeps lips in synch with the 3-D model)

-Compatible with all modded versions of SH3 and easily enabled with JSGME.

-Maintains .ogg compression (mono) (will not cause SH3 to crash.)

-Makes an excellent addition to FLB Sale's 4 Dial Slideout Sim Feeling Mod!

-Mod can be enabled in port or at sea! No need for waiting to return home! Apply it now while on patrol!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complete German Voice Pack (for all German Voices on all Uboats)

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Tikigods___Engine_Order_Tnrar/;6507976;;/fileinfo.html

Alternate Repeating Orders Version (Same as above but, mixed with repeating orders) made by Scir.

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Scir__Tikigod__repeated_orzip/;7211839;/fileinfo.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venatore
01-09-07, 05:09 AM
Sounds good mate :up:

Paajtor
01-09-07, 05:27 AM
Looking forward to this one!:yep:

JohnnyBlaze
01-09-07, 08:08 AM
Woohoo! This is like the Happy times! :smug:

First comes out GWX, then the sextant tool (tho not released yet) and now this!

I feel like at home :rock:

Uber Gruber
01-09-07, 08:11 AM
:oops:Idiot question here.....how do I enable german voices but with english subtitles/text ?

Thanks, Hans

JohnnyBlaze
01-09-07, 08:18 AM
In the game options before you start/load your patrol

JohnnyBlaze
01-09-07, 08:20 AM
I assume you cant apply this mod while on patrol?

Then I must set my course back to home port

Tikigod
01-09-07, 08:36 AM
Its just a sound pack. It can be applied at anytime: in port, or at sea. All textures and sound files can be applied at anytime during your campaign.

I assume you cant apply this mod while on patrol?

Then I must set my course back to home port

_Seth_
01-09-07, 09:02 AM
Excellent, Tikigod!! This is getting better and better! Good work!!:up::up:

moosenoodles
01-09-07, 10:25 AM
Hmmm just installed it with the mod installer,, returned to my mission and there is no difference in the sounds, no bells nada, just him shouting out order in german as he always does, then seeing the telegraph move to the order..

Will re-check install ..

Btw, im in the type IID at the moment testing this..

Cheers,

Moose.

Edit/ Just checked the sound folder and files have been put in and sizes are correct to ur mod folder ones.. strange.. And I am using german voices, with english text..

melnibonian
01-09-07, 10:39 AM
Hmmm just installed it with the mod installer,, returned to my mission and there is no difference in the sounds, no bells nada, just him shouting out order in german as he always does, then seeing the telegraph move to the order..

Will re-check install ..

Btw, im in the type IID at the moment testing this..

Cheers,

Moose.

Edit/ Just checked the sound folder and files have been put in and sizes are correct to ur mod folder ones.. strange.. And I am using german voices, with english text..
Did you used the proper folder structure in the mod installer??? I mean the structure should be C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS\Sound-Mod\data\ etc and not C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS\Sound-Mod\Sound-Mod\data\etc that you get if you unzip it into the MODS directory

moosenoodles
01-09-07, 10:46 AM
Yeah its always folder name/data/ etc in the mods folder.. dont matter what the folder name is..

and I extracted first to make sure. then dropped the folder needed into the mods folder..

The structure you have just shown though is nothing like what tikis is name wise. ?

Is yours an example or is that how ur download of the pack looked ?

As i said above though i checked the files out of his folder and looked in the main games sound/speech/1 folder etc and they have been installed/put in...

File sizes are a match of tiki's files.. and in the backup folder for the sound in the mods stuff the file sizes are like 18 19 12 , not 69 58 etc so im feeling here that the mod has been installed correctly, and the backups inplace correctly..

Most odd it is, almost like im using the german sounds for voices in game. but the sound pack is not correlating to them .. im sure folder speech/1 though is the right place he would of tested it all afterall :p...

Anymore info appreciated..

moose..

Tikigod
01-09-07, 02:18 PM
Are you sure you are using the default german voice? I call this the demo because it only replaces the default german voice in game (folder number 1). There are 9 different german voices all together and I have to edit 8 more folders for it to work for all german voices. It replaces 30 files for each voice (10 for each tone level whispering/shouting/normal). So, it should work as long as the CE is using the voice from folder number 1 no matter if he shouts, whispers, or talks normal. I have a feeling your german voice in game for the CE may be using folders 2-9 for some reason.

Are you using 2 different installs of the game? Maybe you aren't using the version you are changing? I know the file structure is fine. I always test it on myself before zipping and releasing to the public. I'm using the exact one I released, enabled with my JSGME. It shouldn't matter what sub you are using whether it is VII or IIA. All the uboats use the same CE sound files.

It should work when you use the preset speeds on the telegraph (ahead slow, all stop, ahead flank, reverse, ahead 1/3, etc) You won't hear it if you order a specific speed (like 2 knots, 4 knots, 12 knots) So, make sure you are ordering speeds using the default speed telegraph not the numbered speed one.

Boris
01-09-07, 02:31 PM
Doesn't work for me either. I double checked the Mod folder. Using GWX of course.

Jimbuna
01-09-07, 02:36 PM
Very impressive TG :up:

Paajtor
01-09-07, 02:45 PM
I am waiting a little, before I install this, allthough I love the idea.
Does it work on your setup, Jimbuna?

Did you GWX-users perform a rollback of SH3Commander, prior to enabling this mod?
And are you running SH3C under your Administrator-account (like the SH3C readme tells you to)?

Just guessing.

moosenoodles
01-09-07, 02:47 PM
Hi tiki,,

In regards to the voices used by myself,.,

Basicaly, im using a fresh install of sh3 patched to 1.4b whatever it was,. and then GWX right ontop, using 16km mod,slide out dials but the one by mav. so that i can have all the tools slide out the way for fuller screen view. and his gwx adjusted integrated orders mod.. All installed with the JG's installer... sound options were then in game set to english text, german voices.. and music is still on etc all volumes up to max..

Then used jg's installer with your sound pack mod and I as said dont hear no difference.. And yes I change speeds most the time with the telegraph positional settings..

So does a fresh install and GWX use folder 1 sounds for german speech? me I have no idea i thought it would of been default, but unless gwx moved its choice i dont know..l hope someone can check on it and find out, id like to try ur sounds...

cheers,

Moose..

Edit.. using sh3 commander 2.7... and not sure about why id want to roll back im in middle of stuff so id rather not start fresh you know what i mean ? and yeah i always run under administration account..

Gildor
01-09-07, 02:49 PM
Doesn't work here either. I have never changed my CE but he might use one of the other voices. (German voice, English text)

moosenoodles
01-09-07, 02:57 PM
great in a funny kind of way that i see same problem with others, lol
means im not going insane when installing something so straight forward...

Im sure tiki will hunt the problem down,, :p

moose..

Tikigod
01-09-07, 03:03 PM
Ok, the IIA subs use a different CE voice than the VIIB. I guess the VIIB uses voicepack 1 because I'm experiencing the same thing when I enter a IIA in single player missions. I do know it works for my VIIB in the career I am in.

So, for now just use a VIIB if you want to hear the telegraph work (in the limited functioning VIIB Demo :lol:). Otherwise you will have to wait until I finish all the German voice packs to experience it in the other uboats.

I'll get working later tonight to hopefully shut all you non-VIIB users up.

Gildor
01-09-07, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the work Tikigod. I look forward to the results! :up:

moosenoodles
01-09-07, 03:06 PM
ah right well thats type IID as well then cause thats what im in :P

doing the wolves at war training mission.. so im stuck till i get assigned the VII's lol

cheers for clearing this up tiki..

Moose..

Paajtor
01-09-07, 03:14 PM
Awesome, Tikigod.:up:
We will wait...you know how patient we all are.

Sailing in a VIIC, btw.

Tikigod
01-09-07, 11:31 PM
I just found out that the voice packs sometimes get randomized either with sh3 commander or GWX (I think when you enter new campaigns or missions) So, if you get into a uboat that doesn't seem to work its just a different voice pack than the one I provided for the "demo". I didn't realize that the voices would be so unpredictible when starting a new mission, etc. So, sorry if this caused any frustration. I have about 5 folders completed now. I should have it a full version posted by tomorrow.

Tuddley3
01-09-07, 11:53 PM
Tiki, your mods are always amazing, and can't wait to try this one out. Very creative I must say, my hat is off to you once again.

BTW, have you been able to contact your friend about the Subsim Forum Widgets ?

Kruger
01-10-07, 03:55 AM
OK Tiki...I am waiting for this release, cos' it's not working for me either. Thank you very much for your work.

mikaelanderlund
01-10-07, 10:38 AM
Hi,

Does the real uboot really have bell sounds in the control room? I think it was only in the engin room to notifie the machinists.

Mikael

Tikigod
01-10-07, 11:27 AM
Full Version Finished. Link Posted above. I dont want to hear anymore posts about how the demo doesn't work :)

moosenoodles
01-10-07, 11:34 AM
LOL - cheers your a star :P

EmeAzul
01-10-07, 02:15 PM
Tikigod, sounds very interesting and from your comments, it looks like it was a lot of work to complete this project. Do you plan on doing an English Voices version of this? I'm sure there would be a number of us in the Community who would use such a version. Thx

EmeAzul

Rotor
01-10-07, 02:30 PM
Thanks for your works :up:

Boris
01-10-07, 02:42 PM
Works perfectly now, thanks :up:

Tikigod
01-10-07, 03:16 PM
I'll see if it becomes a popular or if any of the supermods want to use it as standard to their install. But, for now I'm going to take a break and enjoy my GWX install.

Tikigod, sounds very interesting and from your comments, it looks like it was a lot of work to complete this project. Do you plan on doing an English Voices version of this? I'm sure there would be a number of us in the Community who would use such a version. Thx

EmeAzul

Kruger
01-10-07, 03:19 PM
I downloaded the final version...but it was corrupt. I tried to download it again, but the page at filehost was no longer available, or it had errors :(

Not the page works, but I still get a corrupted archive. Can anyoby please email it to me ? krugerblue@gmail.com

Thank you mates.

Tikigod
01-10-07, 03:23 PM
I just updated the readme file. The one I posted earlier still had explanation of the demo. I didn't want to confuse anyone so I updated with new link. No other files have been changed if you downloaded it earlier. Sorry if I deleted it during your download. :nope:

I posted new link. Try again.

Kruger
01-10-07, 03:37 PM
Thank you. Very nice work. Might look just eye candy for someone, but these tiny things sometimes make the difference. That telegraph bell has always been a sound that made my heart beat faster.

Jimbuna
01-10-07, 03:44 PM
Hi,

Does the real uboot really have bell sounds in the control room? I think it was only in the engin room to notifie the machinists.

Mikael

:roll: :hmm:

Paajtor
01-10-07, 03:56 PM
Where's Sailor Steve when you need him. :ping:

Tikigod
01-10-07, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure either. I know the ship ones did for that time period. I emailed a few people online that sell ship engine order telegraph's to see how they work. I was wondering if there were seperate rings for each direction the engine was ordered. I remember seeing somewhere that some telegraph's would ding two times for forward, one for back, sometimes a different number of dings for each speed, but, they all varied based on who built and installed the Telegraph and as they progressed over the years. This one I made was based off the sounds in the uboat video link I posted.

I chose to make this for myself because I feel the sim lacks alot of the sounds you should hear in and around a uboat, especially for a game that makes you live in the uboat. The standard interface doesn't make any sounds when you push and click to do things. I feel that gears and other objects should rattle, shake, and grind, since these are the types of materials the uboat is made from.

Hi,

Mikael
:roll: :hmm:

Sailor Steve
01-10-07, 04:29 PM
They have them at both ends. The engine room needs to be able to tell the bridge that the order has been carried out.

The captain gives the order. The lee helmsman (telegraph guy) runs the handles all the way forward and all the way back, and then to the new setting. Each time the handles move the bell rings. The engineer then repeats this movement at his end, telling the bridge crew that he got the message and that they are carrying out the order.

hornetsting
01-11-07, 01:48 PM
Thx for your work. Works great!

Paajtor
01-11-07, 03:58 PM
Awesome...gonna install it now.

thanks!:D

Tikigod
01-11-07, 07:47 PM
Haven't found anything on Uboats yet. But, many of the technologies were the same.

The Fleet Type Submarine, Navpers 16160, is the first in a series of submarine training manuals that was completed just after WW II. The series describes the peak of WW II US submarine technology. June 1946 http://www.maritime.org/fleetsub/elect/chap11.htm (http://www.maritime.org/fleetsub/elect/chap11.htm)

A. MOTOR ORDER TELEGRAPH SYSTEM 11A1. Description. The motor order telegraph system consists of 2 separate electrical circuits. The starboard circuit is designated 1MB and the port circuit, 2MB. Electrically both circuits are identical. The system is operated on 115-volt, 60-cycle, single-phase, alternating current. Each circuit receives its supply from the a.c. bus of the I.C. switchboard through fused switches. The purpose of the motor order telegraph system is to transmit electrically any desired orders for the direction and speed of the propellers from the transmitting stations located in the conning tower and control room to the maneuvering room and to repeat those orders back to the transmitting station from the maneuvering room.
The circuits are controlled through rotary switches on the action cutout switchboard. One switch selects the conning tower or the control room as the transmitting station for both 1MB and 2MB circuits. Two more switches select either the conning tower, control room, or both, as the receiving station for the repeat back orders from the maneuvering room. One of these 2 switches is for the 1 MB, the other for the 2 MB indicators.

The conning tower and control room units consist essentially of a type "A" transmitter and pointer, a type "M" indicator and pointer, 2 sets of contacts for bell-ringing circuits, and necessary operating gears. The assembly is mounted in a case.
The transmitter is operated by a knob type handle fastened to a shaft on the front cover of the instrument. This shaft is connected to the transmitter rotor by means of a positive engaging clutch. A star wheel mounted on the transmitter shaft holds the transmitter in the desired position by means of a spring loaded main bell contact actuating lever. This lever also operates the contacts for the bell signal at the indicator station. The bell signal rings whenever the transmitter is being moved from one position to another. Auxiliary contacts for the bell signal are operated by a push button on the cover of the instrument. They are connected in parallel with the contacts operated by the star wheel. The auxiliary bell-ringing circuit is energized at any time the push button is operated. The indicator pointer is connected directly to the rotor of the indicator through an extension shaft. The maneuvering room instruments are similar except for an additional mechanism consisting of a cam mounted on the transmitter shaft which operates a contact for wrong direction warning. These contacts are connected with contacts on the reverser levers of the main control cubicle. If the reverser levers are moved in a direction opposite to that indicated by the transmitter pointers of the maneuvering room instruments, a visual and audible signal informs the operator of the error.

I'm working on the Rudder Angle Indicator System now and will post it shortly.

Venatore
01-11-07, 10:10 PM
I thought too myself ok lets see how good Mr TiKigod is in the sound modding department.

Answer: :rock:

Tikigod
01-11-07, 11:28 PM
Here is another video with two more actual uboat engine telegraph sounds. The one in the middle rings once when its moved to "Tauchen" which translates to "dip". Then the one at the end rings two times but, you can't see what is causing the ring or even if it is the telegraph. But, the bell sounds like the first.

http://uboat.net/special/videos/files/la_guerre_des_convois.mov

vinceor
01-11-07, 11:30 PM
Sounds great. Bravo Zulu.

kptn_kaiserhof
01-21-07, 05:56 AM
good work on that mod keep them coming tikigod:D

odinfish
01-21-07, 09:21 AM
I love it! It's now a permanent part of my SH3 install. Please include this in the GWX update!!!:arrgh!:

CCIP
01-24-07, 05:15 PM
A bump for this beautiful mod! :up:

Must-have

CybaGirl
01-25-07, 12:39 AM
A bump for this beautiful mod! :up:

Must-have

Thanks for the bump and thanks TikiGod for the mod :).. Otherwise I might have missed this mod :cry:...

Going to give it a go..

BTW anyone know where one could get that complete video footage from?

THE_MASK
01-25-07, 12:45 AM
If i didnt throw my SH3 disc in the rubbish bin , i would have downloaded this .:up:

Tuddley3
01-25-07, 12:57 AM

EmeAzul

I am also interested in an English Version.:yep:

Tikigod
01-25-07, 09:27 AM
Here is a longer version of the video (but, I don't think its the full version) The resolution is smaller and its in french too.

Video Description:
http://uboat.net/special/videos/on_board.html
Direct Link:
http://uboat.net/special/videos/files/on_board.mov

Tikigod
01-25-07, 09:34 AM
I doubt I will be doing a English version anytime soon. It took me about 3-4 hours just to edit all the files just for the german version. There are 9 different voices you have to edit. Each voice is about 30 files. So that's 270 files you have to manually convert from .ogg to .mp3, mix with an .mp3 sound editor, then covert back to .ogg format, and then rename to save. Forget that @#$! :D Uboats are for deutchlanders anyway. What do you think this is? U-571?!

I am also interested in an English Version.:yep:

Jimbuna
01-25-07, 12:50 PM
[quote=Tikigod]I doubt I will be doing a English version anytime soon. It took me about 3-4 hours just to edit all the files just for the german version. There are 9 different voices you have to edit. Each voice is about 30 files. So that's 270 files you have to manually convert from .ogg to .mp3, mix with an .mp3 sound editor, then covert back to .ogg format, and then rename to save. Forget that @#$! :D Uboats are for deutchlanders anyway. What do you think this is? U-571?!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Schultzy
01-25-07, 04:51 PM
What do you think this is? U-571?!

hehe! :lol:

Danke Tiki. Great mod!

CybaGirl
01-26-07, 01:48 AM
Here is a longer version of the video (but, I don't think its the full version) The resolution is smaller and its in french too.

Video Description:
Direct Link:

Thank you kind sir :)..

BTW your mod sounds fantastic :)..

I just gotta brush up on my German thats all. As been along time since I was at school :o..

Samwolf
01-26-07, 07:51 AM

Video Description:
Direct Link:

Thank you kind sir :)..

BTW your mod sounds fantastic :)..

I just gotta brush up on my German thats all. As been along time since I was at school :o..

Swap the Speech and Speech_En folders and you'll get German voices with English text. Works fine for me.;)

FIREWALL
01-26-07, 08:03 AM
This is a MUST download for EVERY SH3 Player!

This sound pack activates your Engine Order Telegraph to make it sound like a real authentic uboat telegraph like the one posted here at 0:46-0:48 seconds:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNP4ca2mMao

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/Tikigod78/EngineOrdersTelegraph.jpg

It includes:

-An authentic uboat bell and working chain/gear noise that is synchronized with the 2-D and 3-D gauges.

-The bell turns off when rigged for silent running (only the telegraph handle gears are heard when speed is changed)

-Bell Chain/Gear sound effect is directional. You can hear it from its origin anywhere in the uboat.

-Complete Pack for all German Voices. (It will not work if you are using English voices)

-Does not alter the original voice of the CE (keeps lips in synch with the 3-D model)

-Compatible with all modded versions of SH3 and easily enabled with JSGME.

-Maintains .ogg compression (mono) (will not cause SH3 to crash.)

-Makes an excellent addition to FLB Sale's 4 Dial Slideout Sim Feeling Mod!

-Mod can be enabled in port or at sea! No need for waiting to return home! Apply it now while on patrol!

Complete German Voice Pack (for all German Voices on all Uboats)

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Tikigods___Engine_Order_Tnrar/;6507976;;/fileinfo.html

As usual you always come up with something kool Tickygourd. :p

Uber Gruber
01-26-07, 08:39 AM
Okay, easy with those pitchforks.....I tested this out last night and, well, the bell ring sound from the bridge is very loud. Now this could be my sound card (SB-XFi) or it could be something else. Eitherway, I'd like to keep using the mod so is there a way I can turn that particular sound down ?

Many thanks, Hans.

Tikigod
01-26-07, 04:49 PM
This soundpack is tied to the crew voices. Crew voices by default in SH3 are amplified by SH3 when you are on the bridge or in external view (so they can be heard over environmental sounds) The amplitude change from internal view to external view is hard coded. The only thing you can do is lower the db level of the "Speech" in your sound settings. This will lower both the bell ring and the speech.

Go to: Sh3 Main Menu Screen > Options > Sound Settings > Speech (4th Knob down). Turn it to the left by however many db. Then click apply changes.

Okay, easy with those pitchforks.....I tested this out last night and, well, the bell ring sound from the bridge is very loud. Now this could be my sound card (SB-XFi) or it could be something else. Eitherway, I'd like to keep using the mod so is there a way I can turn that particular sound down ?

Many thanks, Hans.

Mast
01-26-07, 07:23 PM
Thanks Tikigod,

Works great. I was wondering...in the video, you see that the telegraph lights up too. Can that be done along with the bell sounds? I'm in a type IX and noticed that the green lights do not light up. Like in the video.

Mast

Tikigod
01-26-07, 07:56 PM
Not sure. I know in videos of SH4 they have lights that illuminate. But, I don't think this is something coded in SH3 that could be activated.

Thanks Tikigod,

Works great. I was wondering...in the video, you see that the telegraph lights up too. Can that be done along with the bell sounds? I'm in a type IX and noticed that the green lights do not light up. Like in the video.

Mast

JCWolf
01-28-07, 04:09 AM
Installed this mod of yours brother,
and it works like a charme...

God Damn good sound improvements mate...Love it thanks!:up:

Rhodes
01-28-07, 08:03 AM
Experimented yesterday, installed and then off to my next patrol, all oki, and its very cool the bell sound, great...:rock: :up:
Thank You!!!:D

CaptainNemo12
04-06-07, 05:49 PM
Is this mod compatible with Dowly's Repeated Orders Mod?;)

Klt_KUrtz
04-06-07, 08:46 PM
Thanks Tikigod,
With this mod you feel like you are getting close to Total Immersion!
Excellent!
Thanks,
KUrtz.

Kaleun Cook
04-07-07, 06:16 PM
Sounds too much like a cash register for me. :lol:

But I wonder why the linked video has been removed, what was shown in it?

Jimbuna
04-08-07, 05:46 AM
Sounds too much like a cash register for me.

:roll: :damn: Shame on you kaleun :nope: It's an excellent mod :rock: :arrgh!:

Kaleun Cook
04-08-07, 09:21 AM
I didn't question its brilliance! :up:

Jimbuna
04-08-07, 10:43 AM
I didn't question its brilliance! :up:

I didn't infer that you did!! :arrgh!:

WilhelmSchulz.
04-09-07, 01:46 PM
Where can I download it?

Alex
04-09-07, 01:56 PM
See the first post ! :sunny:

shegeek72
04-09-07, 02:33 PM
[quote]Sounds too much like a cash register for me.

Maybe the the bells for a cash register and sub telegraph were similar. :hmm:
--
http://tarafoundation.org/sh3_U100.jpg

Scire
04-09-07, 03:24 PM
Awesome mod Tikigod!

But in the real all the order by the Kaptain must be confirmed with the crewman repetition so i've mixed your mod with the ones by Dowly.
Now after the bell sound you can hear the repeated order confirmation..... and believe me is stunning!

GreyOctober
04-09-07, 03:42 PM
Awesome mod Tikigod!

But in the real all the order by the Kaptain must be confirmed with the crewman repetition so i've mixed your mod with the ones by Dowly.
Now after the bell sound you can hear the repeated order confirmation..... and believe me is stunning!

Can we have a download linky?pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! !! :smug: :yep:

Scire
04-09-07, 04:03 PM
I've made it only to adapt two greats mods to my personal taste and to reach a level of "reality" wich i think its the best.
By the way the former core of the mods i've used is entirely made by Tikigod and Dowly so ,i could not never publish my job without they authorization with regard to theyr former works.
If Tikigod is agree i will send him the files and he could make an update to his download link.

Klt_KUrtz
04-09-07, 04:12 PM
Is there anywhere I can download Dowly's Repeated Orders Mod?
Thanks if you can help,
KUrtz.

P_Funk
04-09-07, 04:27 PM
Works brilliantly. Just another required immersion mod for me now.:up:

Capt.Crackerjack
04-09-07, 04:42 PM
I've made it only to adapt two greats mods to my personal taste and to reach a level of "reality" wich i think its the best.
By the way the former core of the mods i've used is entirely made by Tikigod and Dowly so ,i could not never publish my job without they authorization with regard to theyr former works.
If Tikigod is agree i will send him the files and he could make an update to his download link.

:up: Please follow up with Tikigod and Dowly to get the Repeated Orders mod and the Telegraph Bells mod combined! In addition, the bells and gear clicks are all much too loud, please cut the volume in about half.:yep:

Jimbuna
04-10-07, 04:41 AM

Good luck matey :arrgh!:

Tikigod
04-10-07, 12:13 PM
Looks like Scire answered this one. I know this mod works with the torpedo fire repeat because it uses different sound files. My engine orders only replaces sound files related to engine speeds. So it will overwrite any file speaking engine orders in german. (fast, slow, stop, etc) Always use JSGME to see if it conflicts with another mod you have installed.

Is this mod compatible with Dowly's Repeated Orders Mod?;)

I'm not sure why they removed the video. I assume it was copyrighted documentary. I have seen several versions of it on youtube. Its a shame they have to copyright and protect history from being seen by the public.I will try to find another link to post so you can compare sounds to this mod.

The sound is same one posted on youtube video. There are only two Uboat videos that I have found with clear unedited telegraph sounds from a VII. The mod I created here is based on what was heard in those films.

I thought about this. But, in order for it to sound right for my taste I would want to make the voice sound like its coming from within a tube. I didn't want to edit all the sounds because it was enough work mixing just the bells. What I should have done is just make one voice rather than edit all the voices and copy the one voice to all voice folders to simplify the work load.

Awesome mod Tikigod!

You don't need my authorization. I'd like to see what you have done with it. Sounds pretty neat. Just post links to your files below and I will attach them as alternates to top post.

Scire
04-10-07, 04:03 PM
You don't need my authorization. I'd like to see what you have done with it. Sounds pretty neat. Just post links to your files below and I will attach them as alternates to top post.

Thanks Tikigod, i really appreciate this, so here is the link to my update....
http://www.savefile.com/files/627625 (http://www.savefile.com/files/627625)

Let me know what do you think about ,hoping you like it!!
Scirč

EDIT!: updated link for download.

Kaleun Cook
04-10-07, 04:15 PM
Somehow it doesn't work for me. I can download it, but 7z doesnt show me files in it :o

CaptainNemo12
04-10-07, 04:24 PM
Same here...:hmm:

Klt_KUrtz
04-10-07, 04:33 PM
Thanks Tikigod!
I have done a little work with your mod just to try and give the feeling of being in a submarine!
I would like to hear what feedback the guys can give me.
As this is v.1 there will certainly be improvements in the future.
Enjoy!
KUrtz.
http://hosted.filefront.com/KltKUrtz/

Alex
04-10-07, 04:42 PM
@ Scirč : the file you've uploaded is empty. :arrgh!: :88)

Scire
04-10-07, 05:27 PM
Sorry mates!
have had some trouble with 7z.

Updated link for download: http://www.savefile.com/files/627625 (http://www.savefile.com/files/627625)

Now in .zip!

Alex
04-10-07, 05:41 PM
Top work ! :huh: :rock:

Congrats ! ;)

Capt.Crackerjack
04-10-07, 11:46 PM
:up: Now this is more like it!

Scire, great job on combining the two mods, although the bell is still too loud.:yep:

Thanks!:)

Capt.Crackerjack
04-10-07, 11:57 PM
Thanks Tikigod!
I have done a little work with your mod just to try and give the feeling of being in a submarine!
Enjoy!
KUrtz.

:up: Nice approach, Klt_KUrtz, to combining the two mods, but it seems incomplete. The bell is missing in the non-silent mode and most of the non-engine related orders are not included as repeated orders. However, the echo effect is excellent.:yep:
Please continue your effort.

Kaleun Cook
04-11-07, 05:17 AM
There one can see again what this game could have been like. There could have been the command like "flank speed!", some officer repeating it and later a sailor calling back up the tower "both machines running at flank speed". Instead, the implemented german speakers are uberboring. Still, the best thing would be to rerecord everything on your own for some BetterSpeakersMod.

Klt_KUrtz
04-11-07, 08:09 AM
Thanks Tikigod!
Enjoy!
KUrtz.

:up: Nice approach, Klt_KUrtz, to combining the two mods, but it seems incomplete. The bell is missing in the non-silent mode and most of the non-engine related orders are not included as repeated orders. However, the echo effect is excellent.:yep:
Please continue your effort.
I fully agree with Capt.Crackerjack in what he has to say about my mod!
I have decided that my work is not up to the high standards in this forum and so I am going to delete the link ans srtart again with a new mod.
Hopefully this time I will "make a proper job" of it!
KUrtz.

Jimbuna
04-11-07, 10:15 AM
Nice work Scire :up:

Spytrx
04-13-07, 06:26 AM
sounds good - great share

Redfox11
04-23-07, 10:12 PM
Great Mod:rock:

Lucky07
08-24-11, 11:48 AM
I request ur permision for add ur mod to mine ,in this link
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=187114
thx u man for make this increidible mod !