PDA

View Full Version : GWX- Marks for Ships Sunk

Tikigod
01-04-07, 03:09 PM
How do I re-enable the plotting of ships that are sunk? Things like this should be a JSGME option included with GWX. I kinda miss keeping track of seeing where the ships I attack sink. Or is there historical records showing that uboat captains didn't do this back in ww2? :p

fredbass
01-04-07, 03:38 PM
You talking about the displayed symbol on the Nav Map after the "she's going down" message appears?

If so, they are still there. (well most of them anyways)

grafix7
01-04-07, 05:46 PM
How do I re-enable the plotting of ships that are sunk? Things like this should be a JSGME option included with GWX. I kinda miss keeping track of seeing where the ships I attack sink. Or is there historical records showing that uboat captains didn't do this back in ww2?

I would like to be able to have this in GWX also. Its the only thing from vanilla that I miss!

LeafsFan
01-04-07, 06:26 PM
You talking about the displayed symbol on the Nav Map after the "she's going down" message appears?

That is my experience as well.

HB

Shakatan
01-04-07, 08:44 PM
I play at 100% realism (GWX) with no map updates, but wondering is there any mod which enables only sunken ships updates on Nav Map?
Thanks for reply and sorry for my poor english.

Tikigod
01-05-07, 12:51 AM
Yeah, the ship icon that looks like a broken ship that appears on the nav map. I didn't think "nomap updates" option removes that. I thought it just keeps the contacts from moving in real time on your map. In GWX I think they removed all map contacts. Even the broken ships. I'm just wondering if I can get the broken ships back.

Currently when I sink a ship using "no map updates" I don't see the broken ship icon after I sink a ship.

GT182
01-05-07, 11:02 AM
TG, try turning on the map updates and see if you have them then. I have the sunken ships icon in GWX but my updates are on.

For the sake of realism, I'd think having updates on would be ok. Didn't they keep track of what they sank and where, plus where ships/convoys were when they received radio reports?

Shakatan
01-05-07, 11:57 AM
TG, try turning on the map updates and see if you have them then. I have the sunken ships icon in GWX but my updates are on.
Yes, but it's any possibility to have only those symbols when updates option it's off?

For the sake of realism, I'd think having updates on would be ok. Didn't they keep track of what they sank [...]
Yes, they tracked, but they was doing this mannualy. When you don't have turn on your nav map updates you must manually determine speed, distance and course of enemy ship. I think this is more real then just a spy sat view whitch you have when you map updates are on.
Sorry for my poor english.

Jimbuna
01-05-07, 12:05 PM
How do I re-enable the plotting of ships that are sunk? Things like this should be a JSGME option included with GWX. I kinda miss keeping track of seeing where the ships I attack sink. Or is there historical records showing that uboat captains didn't do this back in ww2?

I wasn't aware there was an option to disable the 'dunken ship' icon :hmm:

Tikigod
01-05-07, 01:07 PM
There isn't an option in game...but, usually someone makes a "mod" that you enable or disable with JSGME that patches the game files.

I wasn't aware there was an option to disable the 'dunken ship' icon :hmm:

GT182
01-05-07, 02:37 PM
TK, in the 80+ moods I have in my Vanilla SHIII, there are none that delete the sunken ship icons.

Nor do any of the original mods with GWX delete them, as far as I can see.

Tikigod
01-05-07, 03:45 PM
Ok, do you have map updates turned on or off? Its nice you have 80+ mods installed with vanilla but, it still doesn't help me understand why GWX removes them with map updates turned off. There are several people here that say it happens to them with the GWX install when map updates are turned off.

The original Vanilla install when map updates were turned off only stopped the ships contact marks from moving in real time on your navmap. It did not disable the ship kill icons. It appears in GWX it removes the ship kill marks when map updates are turned off.

TK, in the 80+ moods I have in my Vanilla SHIII, there are none that delete the sunken ship icons.

Nor do any of the original mods with GWX delete them, as far as I can see.

danlisa
01-05-07, 03:47 PM
Of the people who are experiencing this, how many have 3rd party mods installed:hmm:

Tikigod
01-05-07, 04:38 PM
Are you saying you aren't experiencing this with your GWX install? I'd like to know how many people are using "no map updates" using GWX that do see Ship Kill Icons.

Just because someone installs a texture or sound file on top of GWX doesn't mean it will corrupt the install. 3rd party mods could be anything and asking a general question like that doesn't narrow down the problem here.

Of the people who are experiencing this, how many have 3rd party mods installed:hmm:

Hartmann
01-05-07, 06:40 PM
I donīt use GWX yet, but in my install Rub+other mods ,sunken ships marks are always visible. Also is very realistic.
captain write in his log book all sunken ships, type and map grid.

has anyone tried to see if the ship icon is in GWX files ??

Tikigod
01-05-07, 06:57 PM
The files are there and don't appear to be changed. The filenames are: ShipDestroyed.tga and AirDestroyed.tga located in your "...\data\Menu\Gui\Units" directory.

I donīt use GWX yet, but in my install Rub+other mods ,sunken ships marks are always visible. Also is very realistic.
captain write in his log book all sunken ships, type and map grid.

has anyone tried to see if the ship icon is in GWX files ??

Kpt. Lehmann
01-05-07, 07:07 PM
I've noticed this too.

What I think may have happened...

In all of the .dat and .zon file manipulation that we did to produce accurate damage models...

The "connection" to the sunken ship icon was broken here and there.

Correcting it appears to be a task that is probably prohibitive by its size and risk.

Any time that we take a ship out of SH3 to make changes to it... and then re-introduce it to SH3... (via pack3D)

... there is a risk that the damage model or mobility of the ship in question is erased. This alone accounted for many small delays in production.

The lack of a "ship sunk" icon does NOT play a factor in save-game issues where tonnage is either credited or not credited.

Just to recap, since I imagine the issue will be raised as a result of this post otherwise... All save game bugs are related directly to SH3 and are not related to GWX. This is an issue that we cannot mod. (Appears to be hard-coded.)

JScones
01-05-07, 08:09 PM
I've noticed this too.
I noticed this three. :yep:

Will still regularly check my ingame patrol log (for confirmation), but won't be as bothered about the missing icon now I know the likely cause.

Tikigod
01-05-07, 08:42 PM
Well, there is an aircraft destroyed mark as well that is a seperate icon. So, If the aircraft icon is working/broken it might help you in your search to the cause of the problem. I'm not sure if aircraft use the .dat and .zon files that you are describing. It sounds very complicated though. So, I'll leave it to the pros :up: We just need someone to simply shoot down an aircraft in GWX :o to see if it displays the same behavior. Any volunteers? :D

Kpt. Lehmann
01-05-07, 08:49 PM
Well, there is an aircraft destroyed mark as well that is a seperate icon. So, If the aircraft icon is working/broken it might help you in your search to the cause. I'm not sure if aircraft use .dat and .zon files that you are describing. It sounds very complicated though. So, I'll leave it to the pros :up: We just need someone to simplly shoot down an aircraft in GWX :o any volunteers? :D

Not me for sure! :huh:

It seems that almost for every two aircraft I shot down in GWX... I had a dead flak crew.

(I personally HATE ever losing a single crewman... Yes I'm a sentimental kaleun.:cry: )

Hartmann
01-05-07, 11:10 PM
Well, there is an aircraft destroyed mark as well that is a seperate icon. So, If the aircraft icon is working/broken it might help you in your search to the cause. I'm not sure if aircraft use .dat and .zon files that you are describing. It sounds very complicated though. So, I'll leave it to the pros :up: We just need someone to simplly shoot down an aircraft in GWX :o any volunteers? :D

Not me for sure! :huh:

It seems that almost for every two aircraft I shot down in GWX... I had a dead flak crew.

(I personally HATE ever losing a single crewman... Yes I'm a sentimental kaleun.:cry: )

Well , you can use the academy missions, you know, Smoke bombs, blank machine gun rounds and soft stuff. unless GWX uses real fire in the training :doh: :dead:

:rotfl: