PDA

View Full Version : Couple of issues while desining missions...

Enigma
01-04-07, 10:51 AM
So, ive made a couple of missions, that will eventually be part of a large campaign. I'll be releasing a some soon for you all to try out, since these are my first....

Couple of issues:

-I have a mission that involved crusing out to sea on the surface. The boats, both Seawolf and LA Class behave terribly on the surface. They bob in and out of the water and rediculous angles and seem generally unstable. speed is 8knts, but I think it would happen at any speed...

-Is there a way to force an attack? at one point in one of the missions, you are ordered to fire upon a stationary surface vessel. An enemy Kilo is less than 10 miles away from the surface vessel. The Kilo is set to attack my ship in the editor. Even after I launch a torpedo and sink his buddy, he does not attack me. :hmm:

Also, I tried to creat a couple of additional WAV files for my missions. However, when I play them back in game, they sound as if slowed down 100 times. Anyone know whats happening there?

Any advice appreciated.....

Fish
01-04-07, 04:08 PM
-I have a mission that involved crusing out to sea on the surface. The boats, both Seawolf and LA Class behave terribly on the surface. They bob in and out of the water and rediculous angles and seem generally unstable. speed is 8knts, but I think it would happen at any speed...

You have to wait a litle till 1.04 is ready. :yep:

Enigma
01-04-07, 04:54 PM
Really? This is a known bug not fixed by any patches?

Fish
01-05-07, 05:48 AM
Really? This is a known bug not fixed by any patches?

It's a result of 1.03.

Bill Nichols
01-05-07, 06:58 AM
For the surfaced sub bobbing thing, give the player a note to turn off Waveriding in the options. That's the interim fix until patched.

For your wav problem, record (or convert) the file to:

Bit Rate: 352kbps
Audio Sample Size: 16bit
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Audio sample rate: 11khz
Audio Format: PCM

I believe in Sound Recorder you can do a Save As and set those parameters.

Good luck

Enigma
01-08-07, 10:50 AM
The sound file fix worked a charm, Bill Cheers. :up:

Enigma
01-17-07, 04:36 PM
For the surfaced sub bobbing thing, give the player a note to turn off Waveriding in the options. That's the interim fix until patched.

Unfortunatly, this didnt make a differnce. :-?

Cmooooon patch. :up: