PDA

View Full Version : Telegraph Problem in GWX

csargemg
01-04-07, 10:01 AM
I've noticed that the speeds of U-Boats have been completely changed by GWX. On a completely glassy sea, ahead full grants 13 knots at the most. Why ahead full? This leads to a more serious problem:

Whenever I try to select ahead flank, /or/ if it's automatically selected as part of a crash dive, the dial goes up to flank, and then down to zero, instantly crippling whatever maneuver I was doing

I installed onto a clean patch, but I have the EMEA DVD.

What's going on?

Kpt. Lehmann
01-04-07, 10:05 AM
In answer to paragraph one: Did this occur after surfacing?

In answer to paragraph two: This is a stock bug that happens in certain circumstances... just select one of your reverse speeds and then immediately return to whatever forward speed you like. Also, make sure you have enough crewmen in the deisel room.

Welcome to Subsim... Here's your potato peeler! ;)

danlisa
01-04-07, 10:14 AM
First question - Are you using SH3 Commander?

Re:2nd question...
If answer is Yes, then you are experiencing the malfunctions model of SH3Cmdr. You can choose to keep this effect or disable it in SH3cmdr's menu.

Welcome:sunny:

csargemg
01-04-07, 10:17 AM
I am using SH3 commander. Will try it again! However, in regards to the first friendly poster, no matter what I did, this would always happen, every time, no matter what I did.

Kpt. Lehmann
01-04-07, 10:23 AM
I am using SH3 commander. Will try it again! However, in regards to the first friendly poster, no matter what I did, this would always happen, every time, no matter what I did.

Stop accusing me of being friendly! :p

Even though Danlisa is a slower typer ;) ... now understanding that you are using SH3 Commander does explain more than one possible malfunction. (random sabotage/malfunctions)

Samwolf
01-04-07, 10:37 AM
I've noticed that the speeds of U-Boats have been completely changed by GWX. On a completely glassy sea, ahead full grants 13 knots at the most. Why ahead full? This leads to a more serious problem:

Whenever I try to select ahead flank, /or/ if it's automatically selected as part of a crash dive, the dial goes up to flank, and then down to zero, instantly crippling whatever maneuver I was doing

I installed onto a clean patch, but I have the EMEA DVD.

What's going on?

The SH3 Commander random malfunction/sabotage feature can also cause your "top" speeds for each engine setting to be lower than "normal"

danlisa
01-04-07, 10:41 AM
The randomised malfunction/sabotage settings work like this.....

Start SH3 via SH3 Shortcut (with SH3Cmdr enabled) will mean that the malfunction/sabotage you experienced will still be present.

Start SH3 via SH3Cmdr and a new set of values will be applied.

It's the luck of the draw.

Alles Klar?

Kpt. Lehmann
01-04-07, 10:43 AM
Just to muddy the water a bit too... don't forget that when you surface, your U-boat switches to running on one engine to recharge the batteries.

HEMISENT
01-04-07, 09:21 PM
Also, keep in mind that their are two seperate types of diesel engine malfunctions. The first type acts on a specific value.
Example:
Ahead Flank = 11 kts
or
Ahead Flank = 0 kts (and a few in between)

There are also some that deal with various percentages.
Ahead Flank = 75% (of what that speed for that particular boat called for)

There are also combination files plus a whole lot more to mess up your day

Happy Sailing:up:

JScones
01-05-07, 01:25 AM
Hey Hemisent, any chance you can do me/us a favour?

Could you possibly put together a list of the potential malfunctions (the actual settings are not important) and the usual symptoms of same?

Players can then use it as an "equipment troubleshooting" reference.

Maybe a list similar in style to the troubleshooting pages you get in the back of electronic equipment manuals may be more helpful? Then players could look for their "problem" and find the possible causes.

Just a thought. :)

PS, do you have any plans to add in Type II malfunctions?

Cap.Palla
01-05-07, 07:08 AM
It happened to me that i ordered ahead flank and the boat move at ahead 1/3 ... it was a malfunction :up: