PDA

View Full Version : when in xbox360?

Hondero1964
12-23-06, 07:23 AM
I would like to know what do you think about the possibilities that some sub simulation could at last to arrive in the xbox...
thks for your attention,
ciao from Italia,

Hondero1964

Fish
12-23-06, 10:54 AM
I would like to know what do you think about the possibilities that some sub simulation could at last to arrive in the xbox...
thks for your attention,
ciao from Italia,

Hondero1964

Xbox is for children Hondero. :know:

Hondero1964
12-24-06, 07:16 AM
Ciao my friend,
we dived many times with DW and i hope to back underwaters as soon as possible.
Some litle problems because now i have a Mac....
You mistake about the xbox: i don t like games for childrens and i can to say you that with the xbox they exist many complicates simul already: it could be very easy to put SH or DW in xbox....maybe you don t know very well the possibilities of this machine: they are great.
One time i couldn't to think to change my keyboard for a joypad but now its different: taste before....and after we will still talk about.
A big ciao from Italia,
Merry C.,

LT Hondero :-)

Seeadler
12-24-06, 12:52 PM
USB Joysticks, Keyboard, Mouse are no longer a problem with the X360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJqy-93yo20&mode=related&search=

BTW: I love my XBox360 because I'm a 41 years old child:smug:

Cpt. Stewker
12-24-06, 09:15 PM
Xbox360 and the PS3 are a great pair of hardware. Only problem is that community mods are to a large extent an impossibility to the average consumer on these machines. And at least to me, that is one thing that I look forward to in all the games I play. So I always first hope that games are out on the PC.

Now after saying that I also wanna say that the chances of a hardcore subsim game coming to the Xbox is a slim possibility. One, sub sims are a very very narrow nitch and the vast majority of simmers in general are fairly grounded into their PCs, spending thousands of dollars on systems and accesorires already. Two, Xbox developement on average tends to cost more than PC and is much more of a financial risk to the smaller developers that create such sims.

goldorak
12-25-06, 12:57 AM
Ciao my friend,
You mistake about the xbox: i don t like games for childrens and i can to say you that with the xbox they exist many complicates simul already: it could be very easy to put SH or DW in xbox....maybe you don t know very well the possibilities of this machine: they are great.
One time i couldn't to think to change my keyboard for a joypad but now its different: taste before....and after we will still talk about.
A big ciao from Italia,
Merry C.,

Dw on consoles ? Never :p
I think the main obstacle is not so much technical (although you would need a hefty investment to carry DW from the pc to the console) as sociological.
Console gamers like immediate games, arcade-like experiences.
They would go nuts trying to play a game that requires reading a nearly 600+ pages manual notwithstanding all the extra literature necessary to understand naval operations.

Edit : and consider another thing, multiplayer on the xbox 360 has a cost that is not present in pc gaming.
On pc you only pay the internet access provider, on the xbox 360 you would have to pay an additional fee for playing on xbox live.

Fish
12-27-06, 09:36 AM
Ciao my friend,
A big ciao from Italia,
Merry C.,

I was just kidding my friend. ;)
And a merry Christmas to you too.