PDA

View Full Version : Time for the stupid GWX question of the day...

nards_of_doom
12-18-06, 10:52 PM
Ok, I'm new to the whole GWX thing so here it goes...........what is the difference (if any) between TGW11a and GWX?? I downloaded TGW11a thinking it was GWX but now I am not sure. Can anyone please clarify this?

Venatore
12-18-06, 10:59 PM
Without stealing too much thunder from the team members, who no doubt will be here shortly, the biggest thing I noticed was the additional flotilla's & the in depth campaign/s.

hocking
12-18-06, 11:00 PM
You downloaded the old version of GW (Grey Wolves). The newest version of GW was just released this past weekend, and it is called "Grey Wolves Expansion" (it is actually just called GWX for short).

GWX has all the latest and greatest stuff in it, so it is the one you really want to have. You should delete the files you downloaded, download GWX, and follow the instructions on how to install it onto a clean un-modified version of SH3 patched to 1.4b, and you will be set to go.

harzfeld
12-19-06, 12:34 AM
Here's my stupid question, is whale ship a tanker? Noticed in my status report that I have sunken a tanker, but there wasn't any small, med, or large tanker in my log. Anyway, I didn't know British had whale ships or did whaling back that time, I wonder if British just use whale ships to haul oil? There were two of them in a convoy that I sunk one of them, it made me go umm wondering if these whaling ships are Canadian's but carried British flag....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_hunting

JCWolf
12-19-06, 06:47 AM
There are loads off diferent things...

It's an entire new Mod, and haves very litlle to do with
The last Grey Wolves edition...

Try it and you'll see for yourself bro...:up:

Just Mentioning a cople of diferences:

- Entire Rewrited Campaign and And historical acuracy...
- New Damage Model and AI sensors ...
- Loads of new Ships and objects and locations...

Among others...:rock:

3Jane
12-19-06, 07:01 AM
Here's my stupid question, is whale ship a tanker? Noticed in my status report that I have sunken a tanker, but there wasn't any small, med, or large tanker in my log. Anyway, I didn't know British had whale ships or did whaling back that time, I wonder if British just use whale ships to haul oil? There were two of them in a convoy that I sunk one of them, it made me go umm wondering if these whaling ships are Canadian's but carried British flag....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_hunting

In the GWX manual it says the whaling ships were converted into tankers for the duration of the war. I always make those a premium taget in convoys if I see them :D

fredbass
12-19-06, 07:59 AM
There's a huge manual giving you the answers to most of everybody's questions. It sure would be wise of everyone to read the critical information from it b4 asking so many unneccesary questions.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101978

Sailor Steve
12-19-06, 12:32 PM
That's what I was going to reply: there are many hundreds of changes between the two mods, and they are all listed in the manual.