PDA

View Full Version : GWX = immersion ++

Lutjens
12-18-06, 05:16 AM
Well I'm on my first mission using GWX.

U-52 coming out of Wilhelmshavn at sunset. Just a fantastic environment with lots of life in the harbour---warships, merchants, even other subs. Superb graphics also,with the sun slowly setting.

Such a great atmosphere I slow down to savour it and turn on the grammophone. Wonderfully appropriate music for 1939. Can it get any better than this ?---and I'm not even out of port yet !

So two huge bouquets to the GWX team for the increased, and realistic, harbour traffic and for the great selection of grammophone music.

I'm now heading for my patrol zone south of Ireland---planning to take a short cut through the English Channel ( yes yes I know this is risky but it is only September 1939)

This superb mod is a great credit to the GWX team. They have managed to achieve one of the most difficult tasks in any wargame : providing credible and realistic immersion. The presentation of the mod, the introductory screens, the manual etc.... are very very professional. Ubisoft should sign them all up immediately and put them on the payroll.

Many thanks guys :up: :up: :up:

_Seth_
12-18-06, 05:43 AM
I agree with you, mate! Its a marvellous mod! All kudos to the GWX team!!!

And btw: Welcome to Subsim, Lutjens!:up:

Jimbuna
12-18-06, 05:55 AM
Welcome aboard kaleun :arrgh!:
You've joined at just the right time :up:

Lutjens
12-18-06, 06:55 AM
Thanks guys.

Its a pleasure to join such a fine crew.

Corsair
12-18-06, 06:59 AM
If you want to be across the Channel before the s**t hits the fan, you better "put the pedal to the metal" ...
Gute Jagd !:up:

Lutjens
12-19-06, 06:17 AM
Thanks mate.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about the English Channel.

I had assumed that the mines wouldn't be there until Britain declares war---but maybe I am wrong ??

I'm still a long way from the channel anyway and it is now 2 September so probably better to re-route north around Scotland even though I pobably won't then have enough fuel to make it to patrol zone.

I'm still tempted by the Channel though--if its ever going to be possible 1939 would be the best time to try it.

Martin1813
12-19-06, 06:20 AM
If you do want to use the Channel : simply don't get detected :arrgh!:

Corsair
12-19-06, 06:30 AM
Thanks mate.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about the English Channel.

I had assumed that the mines wouldn't be there until Britain declares war---but maybe I am wrong ??

I'm still a long way from the channel anyway and it is now 2 September so probably better to re-route north around Scotland even though I pobably won't then have enough fuel to make it to patrol zone.

I'm still tempted by the Channel though--if its ever going to be possible 1939 would be the best time to try it.
With a VIIB you have enough fuel to go around the north to the bay of Biscay and back. I am patrolling BF 47 at the moment and have plenty to get home. So South of Ireland is no problem...