PDA

View Full Version : GWX woe's

dinadan122
12-18-06, 01:42 AM
first off , when i finally got it loaded (wow lots of loading) the mode is awesome , but i have been plagued by a couple bugs , one which lost me 8 hrs of gameplay =/.the major one happen after i had been attacked by a fight/bomber i hit the "surface cruise mode button after he left and bam CTD. also had problems with my crew manning gun postitions. my AA would be inactive if anyone was manning the deck gun at the same time, even after moving my deck gun crew i had to completly destation everyone to get the flak gun movable "i couldnt even use it myself". i also had a few crashes loading but im pretty sure that was due to innsufficieint RAM/virtual memory "i only have 386 with a 1100 paging file atm. that i cured by turning off harbor traffic='(. but i did get to see the traffic once with the destoryers/battleship/merchants and man is it coo =D.
also the bearing plotter is off , this has been a long time problem and im pretty sure your using pato's bearing plotter , i fixed it by using the plotter that comes with my beloved wazoo's nomograph $$ (SH3 bearing overlay3.0) .i wish pato's worked though as it is more detailed , any idea on how to fix it ? ill let ya know if anything else happens . if you want a error report just tell me where to send it and where to find it.sry for sloppyness

TarJak
12-18-06, 01:47 AM
first off , when i finally got it loaded (wow lots of loading) the mode is awesome , but i have been plagued by a couple bugs , one which lost me 8 hrs of gameplay =/.the major one happen after i had been attacked by a fight/bomber i hit the "surface cruise mode button after he left and bam CTD. also had problems with my crew manning gun postitions. my AA would be inactive if anyone was manning the deck gun at the same time, even after moving my deck gun crew i had to completly destation everyone to get the flak gun movable "i couldnt even use it myself". i also had a few crashes loading but im pretty sure that was due to innsufficieint RAM/virtual memory "i only have 386 with a 1100 paging file atm. that i cured by turning off harbor traffic='(. but i did get to see the traffic once with the destoryers/battleship/merchants and man is it coo =D.
also the bearing plotter is off , this has been a long time problem and im pretty sure your using pato's bearing plotter , i fixed it by using the plotter that comes with my beloved wazoo's nomograph $$ (SH3 bearing overlay3.0) .i wish pato's worked though as it is more detailed , any idea on how to fix it ? ill let ya know if anything else happens . if you want a error report just tell me where to send it and where to find it.sry for sloppyness

I don't think any of these are actually GWX bugs. Most of them were bugs in the vanilla SHIII and are in the code that the modders can't touch.

dinadan122
12-18-06, 01:58 AM
the CTD has never happened to me befor (which doesnt mean its this mode). GW is a bit ram intensive so thats my problem ,its only with loading , once it all loads it runs pretty smooth even on my crapastic ancient computer. whats weird is i was able to load it 2 times without the empty harbor mode(sry i forgot what its called) then after changeing my bearing overlay it wouldnt load again , even after a clean install =/.i dont think it had anything to do with changing my overlay just a coincidence.

bigboywooly
12-18-06, 12:26 PM
Yes the crew manning positions have always been buggy
You may never get them but someone else will always

Same with the flak guns
If you man each gun in turn yourself then return to the bridge that usually cures it

AVGWarhawk
12-18-06, 01:04 PM
stay away from the cruise button. They can cause CTD. The 1.4 patch corrected it to some extent but never really ironed out in my opinion.