PDA

View Full Version : Nomograph mod for GWX and community leagues

gouldjg
12-17-06, 03:30 AM
I love that tool and hope someone can add this soon please, pretty please and all that.

I have to say it though, I played it last night and it rocked.

I want to join a GWX league or WAW now as I think this was the last thing I required before I would play a full campaign.

What leagues do we have in the community?

bigboywooly
12-17-06, 09:21 AM
Currently only WaW
There was some ideas put forward about running a MP league for GWX bu t no GWX campaign as such
Something along the lines of the WPL campaign would be good

mr chris
12-17-06, 09:48 AM
Yes hopefull the GWX, MP LEAGUE will take off now:up: :rock:

Uber Gruber
12-17-06, 11:42 AM
Join WaW.....it really does add to the immersion.....much better than leave base, compress to patrol square, patrol, compress back to base, leave base etc.

WaW will completely change your game and you can now use GWX as well.

Cheers. Hans.

hocking
12-17-06, 12:32 PM
As far as the Nonograph comment, is it not advisable to just install Wazoo's Nonograph Mod that is listed in the download section of this website into my GWX installation to get my Nonograph back onto my map? I just downloaded it again, and was getting ready to install it when I saw this post. Now I am hesitant to install this mod because I am afraid of messing something up in GWX.

Do we need a special Nonograph file to use in GWX that is different than Wazoo's file? Are there any other basic "Map Tool" mods that we should not install for the same reason. I know that I have already installed the compass around my ruler, and a transparent compass that I can put anywhere on my map with mods that came out a long time ago. I guess I thought these were just basic map tools that should not mess anything up in GWX. Am I wrong.

bigboywooly
12-17-06, 12:34 PM
If you can provide a link to them someone can have a look
Not sure what cfg's it will change

gouldjg
12-17-06, 01:14 PM
As far as the Nonograph comment, is it not advisable to just install Wazoo's Nonograph Mod that is listed in the download section of this website into my GWX installation to get my Nonograph back onto my map? I just downloaded it again, and was getting ready to install it when I saw this post. Now I am hesitant to install this mod because I am afraid of messing something up in GWX.

Do we need a special Nonograph file to use in GWX that is different than Wazoo's file? Are there any other basic "Map Tool" mods that we should not install for the same reason. I know that I have already installed the compass around my ruler, and a transparent compass that I can put anywhere on my map with mods that came out a long time ago. I guess I thought these were just basic map tools that should not mess anything up in GWX. Am I wrong.

I would wait for a GWX one cos I think it messes with your menu settings and might ruin GWX structure.

Someone should do it soon though (hope)

Nomograph is a essential for me cos all other methods are too hard :oops:

JCWolf
12-17-06, 10:07 PM

I would wait for a GWX one cos I think it messes with your menu settings and might ruin GWX structure.

I guess i cn do that specially for you mate...:arrgh!:

gouldjg
12-18-06, 01:55 AM

That would be cool

Thanks mate

JCWolf
12-18-06, 06:05 AM

That would be cool

Thanks mate

I've sent you a PM...:arrgh!:

Phoenix3000
12-18-06, 06:55 AM
Re. the draggable nomograph:

I have the 'wazoo' file already and put it into the layout folder and it works fine in GWX.

(I'm at the office right now and not with SH3 so folder may be wrong).

Anyway, I edited one of the config files as per the nomograph readme and it appears across the screen in the maproom. So far, so good.

But......

If there is a downloadable version designed specifically for GWX I would sure like to have it!

Thanks guys,

Px3000

JCWolf
12-18-06, 07:41 AM
Re. the draggable nomograph:

I have the 'wazoo' file already and put it into the layout folder and it works fine in GWX.

(I'm at the office right now and not with SH3 so folder may be wrong).

Anyway, I edited one of the config files as per the nomograph readme and it appears across the screen in the maproom. So far, so good.

But......

If there is a downloadable version designed specifically for GWX I would sure like to have it!

Thanks guys,

Px3000

Don't mess up with the GWX original files that
you have bro...
I understand that everyone whants to improve
or configure the GWX to his own Requierments but
there are small detailled things on the GWX files that
you can acidently mess up and the game and mod
will not run as suposed...:up:

Kpt Lenman Will clarify this Of possible addons to GWX
Soon enought, if you just enjoy the GWX mean wile
and be paciente and give The GWX Team a bracke to
Recover, you will have those questions and wiches
replyed...:arrgh!:

Have fun guys...

Thanks for the Suport guys, you people are fantastic...:up:

joea
12-24-06, 07:17 PM
Well the nomograph is the only mod I miss from before GWX, I really don't need it bundled with other stuff so would like to see it in a GWX version. :up:

joea
12-25-06, 02:25 PM
Bump please

Jimbuna
12-25-06, 04:44 PM
Did someone mention a GWX MP league ? :hmm:
Yes please :yep: :D :rock:

jimmie
12-25-06, 05:15 PM
non-draggable nomograph is a single tga file and swapping it will not mess up other things. installing via JSGME should be no problem at all.

draggable one, on the other hand, is not. draggable one is not very comfortable to use anyway.

i'm using a homemade, similar to Rub's version, vertical, non-draggable, start from 1 but 0 on right side. but i "cleaned" the map (i think the stain on the map is too much and it confuses depth - depth marking isn't there but the color so) and removed the not-too-useful-any-more compass rose on the bottom.

mr chris
12-26-06, 05:47 AM
Did someone mention a GWX MP league ? :hmm:
Yes please :yep: :D :rock:

Yes Jim it has been talked about for a few months now mate just need to get enough people intrested and work out what format we want to play.:up:

Jimbuna
12-26-06, 07:14 AM
Surely we have enough to kick it off with the 'Quality Street Gang' just for starters ;)
You sorted with a mic yet ?
going over to TS...............................now hehe :up:

Phoenix3000
01-08-07, 02:46 PM
Hi all,

Anyone know if the GWX version of the nomograph is available at all?

Right now I have SH3 1.4b, GWX, GWX 23rd Dec updates and SH3 Commander 2.7.

I'm using 'wazoo's' draggable one at the moment (as shown above), but its not entirely practical.

@jimmie - where can I get hold of the non-draggable one? - That sounds ideal!:up:

Thankks guys!

Px3000

jimmie
01-09-07, 12:15 AM
@jimmie - where can I get hold of the non-draggable one? - That sounds ideal!:up:

If you want, give me your email and I'll send it to ya :D Although I'll not guarantee for the compatibility with GWX (it's not "official" at all anyway), I'm 99% sure it will not make any problem (it's just a single image file that is).

Phoenix3000
01-09-07, 04:47 PM
@ Jimmie,

I think I have found it! - After having to re-install SH3 I located it on the web - I now have a horizontal nomograph along the bottom of the map - does a great job!

And, like you said, being a single file there is no 'tampering' required!

Cheers!

Px3000