PDA

View Full Version : Video Interview with Silent Hunter 4 project leader Emil Gheorge!

CaptainNemo
12-06-06, 11:56 AM
Ahoy comrades!

At vitivi.de you can see a short video interview with the Silent Hunter 4 project leader Emil Gheorge.

http://www.aotd-flottille.de/Bilder/sh4logo.gif

Click (http://www.vitivi.tv/show_video.php?var=6404;wmv;0;0;681;10;0) here for the interview.

Best regards!

Nemo

The General
12-06-06, 12:16 PM
Well, I'll be a monkeys uncle, this is sounding better by the minute! I can't wait for this or to see what the GW team do with it. I no longer have any doubt; this will be the greatest simulation ever produced for a home computer! Spread the word:up:

BH
12-06-06, 12:29 PM
very nice !

they might be in the testing phase now with an Feb-April u.s. release? (wishful thinking)

Safe-Keeper
12-06-06, 12:29 PM
First game footage, then a dev diary, then an interview, all in what, three days?

This is just too great:o.

But a February release? I hope they give themselves more time than that.

Subnuts
12-06-06, 12:30 PM
Okay, why does the campaign end in "October 1944?" If I'm out on patrol in October 1944, will I get a Black Screen Of Death and a message saying "And the war ended ten months later. The End?"

On the other hand, there's an almost entirely new graphics engine, improved crew management, photo recon and spec-ops insertion missions, and downed pilot rescues.

TDK1044
12-06-06, 12:33 PM
I think SH4 will be the definitive WW2 subsim. The graphical and gameplay improvements over SH3 are going to be huge. Our mugs are in good hands, Guys!:D

BH
12-06-06, 12:45 PM
Hopefully they leave the door open so modders can add a realistic final year of the war.

Safe-Keeper
12-06-06, 01:14 PM
Okay, why does the campaign end in "October 1944?Because after that there'll not be anything left to hunt.

Subnuts
12-06-06, 01:24 PM
Because after that there'll not be anything left to hunt.
American submarines that went on patrol in September 1944 or later still managed to sink 390 ships for 1,355,868 tons. Okay, 140 of those ships were from subs that went on patrol in September and October 1944. Still, that's a whole lot of "nothing."

Source: Silent Victory by Clay Blair.

elanaiba
12-06-06, 01:26 PM
I think there was some confusion about the last career starting option (which should be in 1944) and the campaign ending (August 45) :)

Cpt. Stewker
12-06-06, 02:01 PM
I think there was some confusion about the last career starting option (which should be in 1944) and the campaign ending (August 45) :)
I agree. I just cannot even begin to think that they would be so daft as to not include 1945. Sure there may have not been a whole shooting gallery of ships. But I am sure ships were sunk by submarines in the last months of WW2 and I sure as heck know that subs continued to go on patrols, sure maybe in some different roles. Recon, supply runs, rescues, etc. And I see in this forum mentions of variaty in missions, not just the "patrol so and so grid for 24 hours" routine, so even if there is "nothing" to torpedoe besides some fishing boats, there should still be quite a few other things going on.

Safe-Keeper
12-06-06, 02:08 PM
I think there was some confusion about the last career starting option (which should be in 1944) and the campaign ending (August 45) :)Whereas I feel they were quite clear in stating that 1944 is the end. Watch the interview again.

American submarines that went on patrol in September 1944 or later still managed to sink 390 ships for 1,355,868 tons. Okay, 140 of those ships were from subs that went on patrol in September and October 1944. Still, that's a whole lot of "nothing."Not really, when comparing it to the rest of the conflict. You also have to divide it by the number of subs. 390-140 equals 250 from November to V-J Day, divided by how many US submarines?

Sounds like a very small number to me.

CCIP
12-06-06, 02:29 PM
I think it should be an optional ending, though.

Let's flood the suggestion thread and ask them to give player choice in this! Or at least ask them not to get it hard-coded.

Sure it might be smooth sailing then, but let's face it... many will want to go to the very end - as a matter of principle. :hmm:

AG124
12-06-06, 02:41 PM
@ CCIP - that is a good idea; I don't like the thought of cutting off the campaign in 1944 either and if the dev team really don't want to bother with it, they should at least leave it open for modders if at all possible.

I brought up the subject in the Marinesims preview thread though, and no one seemed to agree with me - in fact, some of them seemed more amused at what I was saying.:-?

AJ!
12-06-06, 02:51 PM
Okay, why does the campaign end in "October 1944?" If I'm out on patrol in October 1944, will I get a Black Screen Of Death and a message saying "And the war ended ten months later. The End?"

"And They all Lived Happily Ever After" :p lol

Gota say some of the graphics and effects look awsome. The smoke and water looks fantastic. Did anyone notice that torp that hit the ship at the start actualy ripped a chunck outa it instead of leaving a small graze like SH3

Only prob is there doesnt seem to be any detail underwater again. No particals or wildlife.