SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-08-06, 05:56 PM   #1
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default La Spezia, Grid 0

I thought I'd try WAC 1.8 [Improved Graphics] and start off at La Spezia [variety is the spice of life, right ?]. All was fine until I received my assigned Grid..'0'.. well, I've searched high and low for this grid to no avail..have I pressed the wrong button or something ?!
The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 06:29 PM   #2
Safe-Keeper
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 11

If you mean the grid is "NULL", then that's because you're not in your home port.

"NULL" just means you have no orders other than to return home. Get back to La Spezia and then everything should be fine.

If you are in your home port, or if your co-ordinate litterally is "0", then damned if I know.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-06, 08:12 PM   #3
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Yes, you will get "NULL" grids when you dock at non-home bases. This seems caused by a simple indexing flub linked to the value that SH3 writes when you dock at any port.

A grid of "0" however, means that SH3 did find a grid, and the grid is literally "0". As Kpt. Munson stated that he started at La Spezia, I assume he is in 29 Flotilla?

In Flotilla.cfg, 29 Flotilla does (by default) contain 0 grids, but these are meant for periods that the Flotilla does not exist. There could be any one of a few reasons for you get this grid: a date conflict in Flotilla.cfg; a result of "going back in time" by deleting saves; or even just the way, as Rubini idenitified quite a while ago, that SH3 allocates grids.

Easy fix though. Either use SH3Cmdr to allocate you a correct grid (either automatically or manually) or just change the grid in your Career's Patrols_0.cfg file (generally the latest PatrolArea value, but again depends on whether you have deleted saves). Most likely it will be a one off occurance.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-06, 01:33 AM   #4
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

I was in 29th Flotilla then that night, I got really intoxicated whilst playing and the next morning I cranked my SHIII up and discovered I'd transferred myself to Bergen ?! The problem now is I keep hitting something (the bottom ?) whilst trying to get out of there and the banging the clanking and the scraping is not helping my sore hangover head !
The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote