Old 02-01-17, 04:30 AM   #16
Pirate
Lieutenant

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Why is this mod so chaotic....
I have to agree, RA is a bit on the chaotic and inconsistent side, specially with object and entity naming and also the object redundancy but it has a diversity on both AI and Controllable platforms and interfaces that I really enjoy.
Old 02-01-17, 05:13 PM   #17
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

For me on Windows 7, I have to install RA 1.41 as an administrator. However, the Patch #1 batch file cannot be run as an administrator. I just run it normally (double click) and it works.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-17, 08:00 AM   #18
Dimitrof
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Problem fixed. Just to inform:
Do not use the patch01 that included inside the 1.41 mod.
Do not replace the files manual.

Download the zipped patch01 and "extract here" inside the DW directory. Let the program to do all the replacements (yes to all)

Then run the "!_Patch_DWX_141_1.bat"

Download the zipped patch02 and "extract here" inside the DW directory. Let the program to do all the replacements (yes to all).

Good hunting!
Old 02-02-17, 08:17 AM   #19
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Which is what the instructions said. I struggle to see what problems you had, but at least it works mow, enjoy dw!
Old 03-18-17, 10:12 AM   #20
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Default Installing for W10

Okay, I downloaded from Steam. It plopped a shortcut icon on the desktop. When I click it I get "file had to close".

I also went to the DW directory and d-clicked the .exe file and got the same.

I went to this (previous posts) thread and downloaded all to the DangerousWaters base folder.

The V104 Patch
The dangw_d3d8_0_02.rar Patch
The RA_OPFOR_DWX1_41.7z Patch

As to the installation, I did not see the program listed in my Start Menu. I am not sure how to proceed.

Of note; I don't see it in my Start Menu, but it is listed as a program in my Uninstaller program.

Do I need to access Steam first? The patches say there is no program. I did not see an "install.exe" file.

Ideas, step by step going forward...much appreciated.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 01:21 PM   #21
jaop99
Loader

Downloads: 26

If you downloaded the DW from steam, look at the folder:

C:/Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Dangerous Waters

If you have the above folder there, right click the DangerousWaters.exe executable and create your own desktop shortcut, with that, you dont need steam opened.

The steam version should have upgraded the version to the latest 1.04, but if dont, try to copy and run the patch in the folder I wrote above.

After the patch 1.04 installation, unzip the RA 1.41 file in the DW folder, and run the .BAT file, after that, unzip the hotfix #1, go to the Graphics folder, and run the !_Patch_DWX_141_1.bat there, and finish extracting the hotfix #2 in the folder and replacing the existing files (have no .bat to run)

Regards
jaop99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 03:45 PM   #22
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48
Default Thanks

I got it to work, except, it wants me to install microphone for voice commands. In Win10 I had done everything playing around with the settings. But, just this afternoon, I come home and there is a Windows update message on my computer telling me to confirm my privacy settings. I was nervous at first and then I checked my Microsoft updates and there was an update that would not install unless I approved it. Well, one of the choices is prevent voice control. Yep, I had it turned off because I am a privacy nut.

Anyway, I approved, the update ran and rebooted and now I have a working microphone. (sigh)

Not sure why it wants a microphone unless it is a Steam thing. I won't use a microphone either. I will just the headset when not needing, but at least DW will see that one is permitted and connected.

I really wish games were more plug and play with Windows.

Thanks, though.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-17, 04:22 PM   #23
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgard View Post
I got it to work, except, it wants me to install microphone for voice commands. In Win10 I had done everything playing around with the settings. But, just this afternoon, I come home and there is a Windows update message on my computer telling me to confirm my privacy settings. I was nervous at first and then I checked my Microsoft updates and there was an update that would not install unless I approved it. Well, one of the choices is prevent voice control. Yep, I had it turned off because I am a privacy nut.

Anyway, I approved, the update ran and rebooted and now I have a working microphone. (sigh)

Not sure why it wants a microphone unless it is a Steam thing. I won't use a microphone either. I will just the headset when not needing, but at least DW will see that one is permitted and connected.

I really wish games were more plug and play with Windows.

Thanks, though.
Dangerous Waters has voice recognition to issue commands and such. In my experience, it used to work really well in XP but in Windows 7, Windows always wants to interpret Dangerous Waters commands as Windows commands, so I stopped using it. Not sure what it's like for Windows 10.

Just unplug your microphone if you're not using it (unless it's integrated obviously).

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 07:43 AM   #24
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Just unplug your microphone if you're not using it (unless it's integrated obviously).
Then you can still make Windows disable it.

Assuming the Speaker icon is visible in the taskbar near the clock, right click on it.
Click on Recording devices. A window should pop up showing the recording devices tab of the Sounds configuration panel app.
Select your microphone in the list, right click on that
... and select disable.

If you want to re-enable it, you might start to worry as you can't see it anymore. No worries, right-click in the window and select "show disabled devices".
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote