Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-13, 05:01 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Introduction to and tutorial for free sandbox

I'm posting this intentionally in GT and not in the tech corner, because I assume it gets more recognition here - and I would say it serves the interests of all and everybody if many people become aware of this neat little thing improving security. Consider this before moving it to the tech section.

This is an article that gives a nice and compact overview and description on popular sandbox software "Sandboxie" and a tutorial on how to set it up correctly.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-sandboxie.htm

I'm using it myself since summer last year with Opera and Windows Live Mail, and in summer even with Explorer 9, never had a problem with it, and it runs smooth and nice. I found it uncomplicated to install and set up, but I needed maybe 30 minutes of reading and dealing with it to learn what settings are vital and must manually switched so that the sandbox actually does what it should. Why absolutely vital settings are not provided as defaults, I do not know and cannot imagine a reason for. Anyhow, this should not stop anyone from checking it out, there is a reason why the software has a good reputation since years. It can be free for life, or you buy a lifetime license, giving you some additional options, but the basic stuff alraeyd is in the free version.

The author currently has the version 4.01 in beta testing. The currently official relase version for poublic distribution is 3.76. Get it here:

http://www.sandboxie.com/