SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-11, 01:34 PM   #46
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
i don't see where you 'combined' ,as you said , mine mod with Arclight's.
the cameras and the scope's images are from my mod so the only parts that you 'left' out are the images for the aobf tool and its scales...right ?

anyway...it seems to work on stock gui too ! can you post a screen with the attack scope at x1,5 zoom and one with the obs scope at x1,5 ?
( i can't tested it on stock becuase ,for some reason, when i disable TDW's gui ...enormous things are happening to sh5's install..... .'says' some warnings about some scripts that are missing...and main menu is disorted ...aaa...anyway...)
Ye, its working on stock if I delete the menu/gui folder. Actually, its enough to take over only the cameras.cam and the display ratio fix :P

I cannot post screenie from the obs scope because .. it the same as the attack one. To get rid of the brownish scope from Archlight obs mode, I had to owerwrite it with the attack scope. And I did it directly in the game folder without disable the mod first. So Im not sure where is the obs scope stored anymore, you are using the TDW UI scope names, not the default ones.

Got the same issue with the TDW UI mod first time I tried it, needed to reinstall the game after disable :|
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 03:35 PM   #47
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:

anyway....SCOPES ARE...''UP'' !!!
Check first post ...is updated.
Wonderful work for SH5 too !

Best regards my Friend,

Magic
Old 01-24-11, 01:35 PM   #48
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Manos Scopes-SH5 (for TDW's Gui)
===========================

---------------------
Scopes specifications
---------------------

Attack and Observation periscopes:
------------------------------------

FOV = 38 degrees
zooms = x1,5 / x6

Hi Makman great work on this optics Mod, I wish to redo my own scopes in the ui-Boat mod.
Can I have your permission to use your Cam files for the correct FOV, I am prepearing to redo the RAOBF (Not the current ones as used in my UI, but ones moddeled on the actual RAOBF) and scope Optics plus correct Markings.
And wish to keep it as authentic as possible so 38 degrees would be the way to go.
Cheers mate and excellent work .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 06:20 PM   #49
BowfinSS287
Planesman

Downloads: 223

very nice, a welcome addition to Sh5
its great to have accurate equipment
plus it looks fantastic

thanks for all your hard work
BowfinSS287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 06:34 PM   #50
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Hi Makman94,

I use yours scopes with the TDW ui last version. I have a question:

- your scopes use 6x magnify - in this case i must to install the mod NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope? If ,,yes,, what is the corect order? (i will install NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope first and your mod after?)

Thank's
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 06:45 PM   #51
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi Makman94,

- your scopes use 6x magnify - in this case i must to install the mod NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope? If ,,yes,, what is the corect order? (i will install NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope first and your mod after?)

Thank's
No you don't.
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 06:57 PM   #52
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Thank's for advice! (Σας ευχαριστώ για παροχή συμβουλών)
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 06:28 AM   #53
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Thank's for advice! (Σας ευχαριστώ για παροχή συμβουλών)

@markman
Can you find a solution for the binoculars. They don't seem to magnify. This has been a problem since the release of the game.
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 07:40 AM   #54
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Hi Makman, great work, thank you........any chance of an MEP for SH5?

Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 07:44 AM   #55
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi Makman great work on this optics Mod, I wish to redo my own scopes in the ui-Boat mod.
Can I have your permission to use your Cam files for the correct FOV, I am prepearing to redo the RAOBF (Not the current ones as used in my UI, but ones moddeled on the actual RAOBF) and scope Optics plus correct Markings.
And wish to keep it as authentic as possible so 38 degrees would be the way to go.
Cheers mate and excellent work .
hi Reaper,how are you ?

sure you can use whatever you want ....no need to ask for....''permissions'' ! just ,have in mind that if you want to use my camera's files ...you,also , MUST NOT CHANGE the DIAMETER of scope's hole (as it is in my mod). if you want to make a smaller hole,you have to use different angular angles for achieving the 38 degrees at fov .
if you intend to make a smaller hole....pm me to tell you how exactly to adjust your camera's angular angle (although you can figure it out by yourself if you pay a carefull look at the third pic of post 2.do you see what i have done there ? )

good luck with your gui ! i really like it most of the currents ones..it is ...'atmospheric'.... if ,only,you manage to solve the 'teleport' problem...

Quote:
Hi Makman94,

Thank's
hi Stoianm,
No need to install ANYTHING of these stuf ! read carefully the installation notes at the readme . follow exactly the steps and you are ready to go !

ps: DON'T enable any mod AFTER my mod that jsgme is warning you that is conflicting with ''Manos Scopes'' files

Quote:
Originally Posted by panosrxo View Post

@markman
Can you find a solution for the binoculars. They don't seem to magnify. This has been a problem since the release of the game.
geia sou Pano !

what do you mean ? that it doesn't have ''zoom levels'' ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 07:53 AM   #56
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufsed View Post
Hi Makman, great work, thank you........any chance of an MEP for SH5?
hi Nufsed ,
thank you too for your kind words!

well, there is a VERY LITTLE chance but not in the way ...you may imagine it !

a friend of mine is a 'guru' in pcs . he is now hacking the sh3's executables and he is telling me that there is a great chance to manage to import the whole sh5's environment in ....SH3 ! if ,he manage to transfer the environment to sh3 then i will start modding it and ,eventually release it for sh5 too! ( and i will get rid of something that always annoyed me very much in sh3's environment...the ''polygon effect'')

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 01-25-11 at 08:16 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 08:28 AM   #57
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Quote:
hi Nufsed ,
thank you too for your kind words!

well, there is a VERY LITTLE chance but not in the way ...you may imagine it !

a friend of mine is a 'guru' in pcs . he is now hacking the sh3's executables and he is telling me that there is a great chance to manage to import the whole sh5's environment in ....SH3 ! if ,he manage to transfer the environment to sh3 then i will start modding it and ,eventually release it for sh5 too! ( and i will get rid of something that always annoyed me very much in sh3's environment...the ''polygon effect'')
Now that (apart from winning the lottery) is the "best" news I have heard in a long time. I wait with baited breath.

Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 12:50 PM   #58
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

[QUOTE=makman94;1581858]hi Reaper,how are you ?

sure you can use whatever you want ....no need to ask for....''permissions'' ! just ,have in mind that if you want to use my camera's files ...you,also , MUST NOT CHANGE the DIAMETER of scope's hole (as it is in my mod). if you want to make a smaller hole,you have to use different angular angles for achieving the 38 degrees at fov .
if you intend to make a smaller hole....pm me to tell you how exactly to adjust your camera's angular angle (although you can figure it out by yourself if you pay a carefull look at the third pic of post 2.do you see what i have done there ? )
[QUOTE]

Thats great, Thank you mate . Yup I plan on keeping your FOV and optics cutout size - I'll redo my Scopes to incorporate ( will just need to redo my scope markings to match the scaling ).

Quote:
he is now hacking the sh3's executables and he is telling me that there is a great chance to manage to import the whole sh5's environment in ....SH3 ! if ,he manage to transfer the environment to sh3 then i will start modding it and ,eventually release it for sh5 too! ( and i will get rid of something that always annoyed me very much in sh3's environment...the ''polygon effect'')
Wow, thats some amaving news
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 06:53 PM   #59
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

where can one find a link to this mod? I'd like to include it as the default scopes for my UIs mod

He says at his filefront page....how do I get to that?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 06:54 PM   #60
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
where can one find a link to this mod? I'd like to include it as the default scopes for my UIs mod

He says at his filefront page....how do I get to that?
http://www.filefront.com/user/makman94

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote