SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-11, 04:39 PM   #1021
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
TDW answered here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=18

But you´re right, lite campaign is not included in actually MO Version. But the List on page 1 shows MODs from the forthcoming Version of MO, TDW has this listed before Release !

Best regards,
Magic
that's correct. The list on post #1 is for the upcoming release. Still more to add to it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 11:20 AM   #1022
ollivier berry
Swabbie

Downloads: 163
Uploads: 0
Default a little bug with Beno when clicking to ask him order

hi guy's, first of all thank's for the goog work you make and without that the game will be so sheep or sade,
i have make the installation of MO with patch and do it like its write in the post about how do we will patch from v0-0-01 to patch 2 (with copy and paste between the two folder)
all is clean, with the mccd fra, but the only one bug is when i decide to talk with beno the golden ear, the game stop and it's impossible to leave the game i need to do a ctrl alt sup to stop sh5 and come back to the desk.
i am very sad about this because the game is very cool with good sound, good sim, an ai very agressive.
i am sure there's a way to stop this bug, and play with my jsgme config that you can see on the file joint.
please help a poor french guy's who love to end the pangermanique campaign and start the real war all along the french coast
thank's for that my friends and have nice sea and good wind
Olliver from Saint Malo France

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...703759&thumb=1

Last edited by ollivier berry; 02-14-11 at 12:17 PM.
ollivier berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 11:40 AM   #1023
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollivier berry View Post
hi guy's, first of all thank's for the goog work you make and without that the game will be so sheep or sade,
i have make the installation of MO with patch and do it like its write in the post about how do we will patch from v0-0-01 to patch 2 (with copy and paste between the two folder)
all is clean, with the mccd fra, but the only one bug is when i decide to talk with beno the golden ear, the game stop and it's impossible to leave the game i need to do a ctrl alt sup to stop sh5 and come back to the desk.
i am very sad about this because the game is very cool with good sound, good sim, an ai very agressive.
i am sure there's a way to stop this bug, and play with my jsgme config that you can see on the file joint.
please help a poor french guy's who love to end the pangermanique campaign and start the real war all along the french coast
thank's for that my friends and have nice sea and good wind
Olliver from Saint Malo France

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ollivier%20Berry/Desktop/jsmge%20MO%20-0-0-1%20patche%202%20+%20other%20mods.jpg[/IMG]http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...howtopic=43754
your site is in french - i have not trouble with that but to see your jpg i must to register on that site an i do not like that - so if you want to take a look at your problem upload your jpg on the gamefront or another free site - if you are trouble speaking in english you can PM me and we can talk in french

cheers
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 11:55 AM   #1024
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
that's correct. The list on post #1 is for the upcoming release. Still more to add to it.

Actually, after playing 100% realism (well except external camera) and sinking 89,000 ton on my first patrol, im not sure if a lite campaign is needed!!
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 12:19 PM   #1025
ollivier berry
Swabbie

Downloads: 163

well i have just make a picture album on the site with link about my jsgme config
now u can have a look and say to me where's the trouble with badbeno
the golden ear
ollivier berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 12:21 PM   #1026
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

@TDW,

I notice you have included in your forth coming addition to MO the three sound mods by vendore, i have already installed these as i felt after your comprehensive collection it was the sound that now lacked the most.

All three sound mods are a very good improvement, although i've encounted only one issue and one gripe as follows:

After spending hours underwater trying to evade a lone tribal destroyer (im still at it!)...i decided to save the game (it was 0200hrs in the morning!) when returning the other night (still 160m underwater) the game played the diesel engine noise! after about another hour, it suddenly switched back to electric motor noise again.

Other from this i've encountered no problems thus far with the mod and MO.

Now for one gripe i've had. Despite being approx 130m-160m down, depth charges sound exactly the same as they do when heard from the surface, complete with huge long explotion and water splash!, i think if my memory serves me correct that SH4 got it spot on, with a loud but breif clap, that ended almost immediately.

While i cant pretend to have experience of depth charges, science would suggest that an underwater implotion, would be short and sharp before being consumed and not the drawn out surface sound that im currently hearing....especially at the depth im at!!
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 12:22 PM   #1027
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollivier berry View Post
well i have just make a picture album on the site with link about my jsgme config
now u can have a look and say to me where's the trouble with badbeno
the golden ear
sorry but is to small i can not read it
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 05:50 PM   #1028
Piggy
Ensign

Hey, great to see this mega mod coming along.

Tried it out last night and I would like some feedback regarding some observations. I havent played SH5 for over 6 months and am not familiar with the current state of the mods.

During british coastal mission things were fine, lots of ships no lag. British supplies mission I have so far spent 2 hours real time patrolling around and have only enountered 1 ship. I had it in the sights and the lag started to get really bad, had to quit and reload.. .ship gone?

The lag issue is odd because I never had any problems on my previous patrol, it fixed itself after the reload but started to get progressively worse again.

And only 1 ship in two hours? (not counting lots of destroyers out hunting)

Drivers up to date and the machine is very capable of running this game.

Anyway, looking forward to the evolution of this, cheers.

Edit: I see this mentioned in optional mods "D3DAntiLag"... Can't seem to find it here, anyone know where it is? Also, just to be clear, when installing patch two we copy the entire "patch 2" folder into mods and enable via JSGME? (im asking because it didnt ask if its ok to overwrite/alter some files of the main mod like I would have expected)

Last edited by Piggy; 02-14-11 at 06:27 PM.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 07:56 PM   #1029
WillyVic
Mate

Downloads: 130

Try here http://www.kegetys.net/ for the antilag. Scroll down to 5.3.2010. Name:
Direct3D antilag v1.01

WV
WillyVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 08:59 PM   #1030
Piggy
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyVic View Post
Try here http://www.kegetys.net/ for the antilag. Scroll down to 5.3.2010. Name:
Direct3D antilag v1.01

WV
Thanks
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 01:09 PM   #1031
capviews
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Default ctd in Lorient harbor

Hello to all here and, in particular, a mega thank you to the hard working crew of brilliant developers for the accomplished work on this mega mod that makes that game so much more interesting.

Now, here's my problem. I have been using MO patched 2.7 since my second patrol from Wilhelmshaven without any major glitches but as soon as i was transfered to Lorient the problems occured. Multiple CTD's entering the harbor, no docks or traffic showing up and the most annoying of all is, not being able to use the navigational map when exiting the harbor without CTD's. I reinstalled MO + patch many times and i still get the same results except that now, the docks are showing but, still i keep getting the ctd's on exiting the harbor if i try to use the map. I have been searching the forum for days now and i haven't yet found an answer to my problem. I have been stuck on my 5th patrol trying to exit from Lorient for days and i am getting frustrated, i need some help please, from any one of you fine and dedicated individual.

I hope i posted this request in the right thread and, thanks in advance from a dedicated player and obviously not a great developer.

Steve
capviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 01:20 PM   #1032
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capviews View Post
Now, here's my problem. I have been using MO patched 2.7 since my second patrol from Wilhelmshaven without any major glitches but as soon as i was transfered to Lorient the problems occured. Multiple CTD's entering the harbor, no docks or traffic showing up and the most annoying of all is, not being able to use the navigational map when exiting the harbor without CTD's. I reinstalled MO + patch many times and i still get the same results except that now, the docks are showing but, still i keep getting the ctd's on exiting the harbor if i try to use the map. I have been searching the forum for days now and i haven't yet found an answer to my problem. I have been stuck on my 5th patrol trying to exit from Lorient for days and i am getting frustrated, i need some help please, from any one of you fine and dedicated individual.
what are your system specs? OS version and 32 bit or 64 bit?

Have you tried saving your campaign while in the bunker, exiting game, restarting the game, then reloading your campaign?
Old 02-15-11, 01:34 PM   #1033
capviews
Swabbie

Default Thanks for the timely help

Hello Sir,

Yes, i did save from the bunker and restarted the game as prescribed in the patch instructions many times.

My system specs are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Model P5K-E
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2999 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.47 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.85 GB

Video:

Name NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Adapter Type GeForce 9600 GT, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
Installed Drivers nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version 6.14.12.6099

This is what i have been using sir. I may be on the shy side.

Thanks for your help and great mod.

Steve
Old 02-15-11, 01:36 PM   #1034
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by capviews View Post
Hello Sir,

Yes, i did save from the bunker and restarted the game as prescribed in the patch instructions many times.
XP so you are using 32bit OS. Have you tried enabling the 3GB switch?
Old 02-15-11, 01:47 PM   #1035
capviews
Swabbie

Default Roger that.

Ok, understood, i think i came across such a suggestion before while reading the posts on the forum. I will just try that and search for the procedure.

Thanks TDW for your precious help and time, i will let you know of the results.

Steve