SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-31-14, 12:38 PM   #11161
sir_drinkalot
Watch

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

I have finally installed the new ui mod and its great. I only have on think to ask about. When I'm underwater, I notice a third periscope raised. I can't find any hotkey for lowering it. I tried raising and lowering the attack and observation scopes, but nothing. Is it a bug or is it something useful and I haven't figured out what it is? I'm using the second conning tower style (the larger one, but no additional platform for another AA gun) and the periscope is coming out of a big hole on the port side
sir_drinkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-14, 03:46 PM   #11162
10tacle
Watch

Downloads: 97
Default Mast Height not working

Hi,

I have installed this great (!) mod and I really like it. It's awesome for sure.
Also watched a couple of intro videos of Stoianm and I'd like to try real navigation. However, there's one problem. I seem to be not able to get the mast height changed in the recognition book. I'm now trying to find a solution for the last two hours, including research in the forums.

Yes, I ran the program as administrator (Win7 64bit). Changed UPlay to offline as well (no impact). When I hover across the word mast height it is highlighted, but I cannot change the mast height, regardless whether I have already indentified the ship (green sign ritgh to the picture) or not (it stays at 20 meter). This leaves me with no chance to get the distance to the ship, unfortunately.

I also tried two different recognition manual mods (which do not any manual insertion of the mast height ), however, then all dials are gone in the attack scope, together with the attack disc etc. (for the recognition manual mod changes the DarkWraith mod of course).

No clue what the issue is - reading dozens of entries here in the forum led me nowhere.

Maybe I can manually change the key assigned to the mast height change?

Any help is much appreciated - as this seems the only thing not working on my machine, but preventing me to use this awesome mod.

Thanks,
10tacle
10tacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-14, 06:32 PM   #11163
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinkalot View Post
I have finally installed the new ui mod and its great. I only have on think to ask about. When I'm underwater, I notice a third periscope raised.
It's the radio antenna. It's automatically controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tacle View Post
Also watched a couple of intro videos of Stoianm and I'd like to try real navigation. However, there's one problem. I seem to be not able to get the mast height changed in the recognition book. I'm now trying to find a solution for the last two hours, including research in the forums.
Use my Generic Patcher to fix the stadimeter bug in the game
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-14, 06:34 PM   #11164
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dielos View Post
Any reason why destroyed marks would not be saved into the journal? They show up when I sink a ship on the map. Save the journal, then the game, and exit.

The journal does not show the destroyed mark, and it doesn't show on the map either when I reload.

By the way, is there a way to add a destroyed mark or position fix manually to the journal?
Destroyed marks are no longer saved to the journal. They are read in from the game's file.

If destroyed marks aren't showing then you need to ensure the patch(s) for them are enabled in my Generic Patcher.

You cannot manually enter a destroyed mark or position fix. You can use the supermarks though to do the same thing (those are saved to the journal)
Old 03-31-14, 06:35 PM   #11165
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
It would be useful in the OFEV if there was a hot key to get the Sonar Mans contact update when using the 4 bearing method.
Don't understand what Sonar Mans contact update is
Old 03-31-14, 06:38 PM   #11166
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
for diving u must also contro the balast tank to flood them with water ... only with dive planes u can't dive....same for when u wanna surface the boat u must pomp out the water from the balast tank with compressed air
If someone can make me some icons for the main ballast tank and dive ballast tank that would be great. They would be order categories for one of the officers. I'm adding the ability to manually control these
Old 03-31-14, 07:10 PM   #11167
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

When the Sonar Man is following a contact with Stormy's DBSM mod. Pressing the Z key every time gives you the precise contacts bearing and shows straight away in the message box.

if you are using the 4 bearings method and firing torpedoes just on the hydrophone as in Stoianm's tutorials you need accurate contact bearings when you want them not as and when the Sonar Man calls them out.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 02:13 AM   #11168
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

@TDW

heya tdw is any posibilty to make to resize only 1 chart ?
i mean the map grind chart what i made cos they doesn't fit for each screen resolution... if we can make to be resize only that chart will be awesome

thx
have a nice day
Sjizzle
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 04:43 AM   #11169
sir_drinkalot
Watch

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
It's the radio antenna. It's automatically controlled. :
So there is no way to manually raise or lower the antenna? I didn't notice any effects on my visibility when I'm at periscope depth, but I still feel a bit strange having an antenna sticking out of the water at all times. Also, I'd like to ask the same about the round antenna on the starboard side. Can I set a hotkey to raise it or lower it?

Anyway, these are just minor things. The mod is absolutely superb and it really gives me a better feeling when I'm hunting ships. Congrats for a great job!
sir_drinkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 06:10 AM   #11170
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
If someone can make me some icons for the main ballast tank and dive ballast tank that would be great. They would be order categories for one of the officers. I'm adding the ability to manually control these
i think that Master gap can do it ....
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 07:30 AM   #11171
10tacle
Watch

Downloads: 97

Quote:
Use my Generic Patcher to fix the stadimeter bug in the game

Wow, now that's what I call service! Thanks for the super fast turn-around. Will do!

Best and thanks again,
10tacle
10tacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 09:57 AM   #11172
Gammel
Commodore

Downloads: 276

i have 1 question please.
I dont have access to the ships recognition manual slideout the upper left screen.

It's depending on my unusual screen size 1680x1050 (22"tft) i guess.

I did a test in 1024x768 everything is fine.

Anyone any idea what can be done about this?

Also the charts only came up when i force them to came expandet - but thats ok for me as a good workaraound. I'm on 7_5_0_16test

Thanks in advance

I forgot to say great mod, thank you, fireworks...

Last edited by Gammel; 04-01-14 at 09:59 AM. Reason: forgot to say tu
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 10:02 AM   #11173
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
i have 1 question please.
I dont have access to the ships recognition manual slideout the upper left screen.

It's depending on my unusual screen size 1680x1050 (22"tft) i guess.

Also the charts only came up when i force them to came expandet - but thats ok for me as a good workaraound. I'm on 7_5_0_16test
If you have a problem with any of the draggable items then go to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder and delete all the Pagex_Draggables.TDW files to have the game rebuild them.

Don't understand what you are saying about the charts Maybe a screenshot to help understand?
Old 04-01-14, 11:38 AM   #11174
Gammel
Commodore

charts are just not there wehen pressing "e" or clicking the icon right side.

Due the config file i can force them to appear when scope is raised and further force them to appaer expanded. When i do this they appear. Very minor problem, i have more worries about the rec-manual.

Ill do what you'd suggested, thank you!
Old 04-01-14, 11:48 AM   #11175
Gammel
Commodore

Great - it worked Problem solved and i guess the one with the charts map not shown will vanish too.

Thanks again.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui