SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-10, 12:22 PM   #3796
SeaTurtle
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectronus View Post
TDW put both methods in so the user could play the way they would like to.
Thank you.

I now have a new problem with the TDW auto-TDC solution. I've upgraded my torpedo man to get more efficiency and damage, but now the torpedoes miss the target all the time. I think upgrading the torpedo man is not a good idea.

I've taken some screenshots :

1/ with TDC OFF, lock with X, eveyrthing is set correctly and data are updated automatically in real time. I used to have a good shot like this.

But now you can see that torpedoes will hit only the front of the target. In salvo shooting I have somme miss and some hit. With single shooting, the torpedoe will just miss and run in front of the target.

2/ Manual TDC is not working with "solution" by XO the speed will not be entered. Not working.

3/ The trick i'm using now it to tun TDC ON, then push the button for manual entry, then turn TDC OFF. Then when I ask for a solution all the data including speed will be set like automatic TDC from TDW but NOT UPDATED.

If I fire the torpedo it will miss the target or hit the front. So because it is not updated, I count 5 or 6 seconds before launch, and the torpedo will do a quite correct hit :

SeaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 12:29 PM   #3797
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTurtle View Post
Thank you.

I now have a new problem with the TDW auto-TDC solution. I've upgraded my torpedo man to get more efficiency and damage, but now the torpedoes miss the target all the time. I think upgrading the torpedo man is not a good idea.

Yes this is a stock bug. If you ungrade the Torps you increase there speed and the TDC does not account for this. Therefore all the solutions are incorrect.

There are mods to fix this issue that get rid of the Torp speed increase.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 12:30 PM   #3798
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Thank you.
Thats a game problem, workaround: don't use (or train) the ability to enhance torpedo speed.
Old 08-09-10, 12:43 PM   #3799
SeaTurtle
Watch

Damn. Wanted the better performance promised by the upgrade.

But yes. That was clear my new promoted torpedoman had become alcoholic or something like that.

You talked about a fix mod, I'll try to look for it, because now I cannot downgrade the torpedoman.

Thank you for your help.
Old 08-09-10, 01:02 PM   #3800
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Damn. Wanted the better performance promised by the upgrade.

But yes. That was clear my new promoted torpedoman had become alcoholic or something like that.

You talked about a fix mod, I'll try to look for it, because now I cannot downgrade the torpedoman.

Thank you for your help.

Look for a Mod called "No more abilities"
Old 08-09-10, 01:24 PM   #3801
Sudo
Helmsman

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
I need to add this to my loadout too. I'm only on my second "mission" so I assume no one had gotten "special abilities" yet?

Also, are there any good video's showing this UI with manual targeting? Kind of like a tutorial vid? Youtube has some vids but it doesn't appear anyone is using TDW's UI's in those. Thanks.
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 01:37 PM   #3802
lavr
Swabbie

Downloads: 52

Hey mates.
Could somebody help me out here? How do I rotate RAOBF scales? Manual TDC is on, I tried every button on my keyboard but it didn`t move.
I have reinstalled sh v , patched to v.1.2 and installed NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_TheDarkWraith only. Do I need to install something else to get RAOBF scales to rotate?
Thank you.
lavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 01:39 PM   #3803
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

use E and Q to rotate it, Shift Q/E to rotate it slightly
Old 08-09-10, 02:20 PM   #3804
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
Also, are there any good video's showing this UI with manual targeting? Kind of like a tutorial vid? Youtube has some vids but it doesn't appear anyone is using TDW's UI's in those. Thanks.
I did one a while back using an early verion of TDW's UI.
you can see it at
It's a bit outdated now, but you may find it usefull.

I plan on doing some proper Manual Targeting with No Contats soon for my own UI. So keep an eye out for them. They'll be just as useable with TDW Ui as he has similar commands and functions that I'll be using.
Old 08-09-10, 02:56 PM   #3805
Sudo
Helmsman

Downloads: 86

Quote:
I did one a while back using an early verion of TDW's UI.
you can see it at
It's a bit outdated now, but you may find it usefull.

I plan on doing some proper Manual Targeting with No Contats soon for my own UI. So keep an eye out for them. They'll be just as useable with TDW Ui as he has similar commands and functions that I'll be using.
Thanks reaper7. I will certainly keep my eye out for your vids when you get them ready. And thanks for the link.
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 04:57 PM   #3806
SeaTurtle
Watch

Quote:
Thank you, could find some threads and fix it directly in the SpecialAbilities file located in \silent hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData

Code:
;TORPEDOMAN - Passive abilities
[SpecialAbility 15]
ID=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage
NameDisplayable=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Name
Description=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description
Levels= 5
AbilityType=TorpedoSpeed, TorpedoDamage    ;increase in torpedo speed and damage (in percents)
AbilityValue= 0, 4, 0, 8, 0, 12, 0, 16, 0, 20
Going to test now, but it should be working I hope !

I like the abilities in this game, nice feature to make patrols more interesting... I see the values in the files, there are good improvements for the submarine. So you come back from a patrol and says "hmmm I really need a better gunner for the deck gun ! last time this merchant nearly started to shoot at us and this damn clumsy gunner was just messing everything up !" then ask you chief for some promotions, train your personnel and grow up the hunter team.
Old 08-09-10, 05:03 PM   #3807
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Thank you, could find some threads and fix it directly in the SpecialAbilities file located in \silent hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData

Code:
;TORPEDOMAN - Passive abilities
[SpecialAbility 15]
ID=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage
NameDisplayable=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Name
Description=Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description, Ability-Increase-Torpedo-SpeedDamage-Description
Levels= 5
AbilityType=TorpedoSpeed, TorpedoDamage    ;increase in torpedo speed and damage (in percents)
AbilityValue= 0, 4, 0, 8, 0, 12, 0, 16, 0, 20
Going to test now, but it should be working I hope !

I like the abilities in this game, nice feature to make patrols more interesting... I see the values in the files, there are good improvements for the submarine. So you come back from a patrol and says "hmmm I really need a better gunner for the deck gun ! last time this merchant nearly started to shoot at us and this damn clumsy gunner was just messing everything up !" then ask you chief for some promotions, train your personnel and grow up the hunter team.
Yes that should do the trick. You'll gain the damage percentage but not the speed.
Which will keep the TDC happy pumping out correct solutions .
Old 08-09-10, 07:47 PM   #3808
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Whatever happened to the crew competency ratings from SH4? If you were lucky you could snag good men before you shipped out, but if not, they gained experience at sea automatically... Perhaps we could put in a similar system in SH5, instead of the RPG-style xp that get allocated to whatever skills the captain wishes.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 08:19 PM   #3809
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Default Help me.

Hey guys. I've just recently got the new TDW UI and I think it's really matured, gone from a great mod to a nearly perfect one. I am having a problem though, and I hope someone can set me straight.

I was thrilled to find that TDW added the RAOBF to the mod--it was the thing I missed the most having come to rely on it so in SH3. However, I am having trouble getting it to work. The problem might be a lack of understanding on my part, but I doubt it. I have a series of three screenshots to illustrate my difficulties.

First, here are my enabled mods:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

MoraleMod
RealSizeMoon
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
Electric torp wake removal - wamphyri
Detailed Caustics 1.0
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
Capthelms Lighting Effects mod for sh5
AilSmoke 1.7
AilBubbles 1.0 Micro
AilClouds 3.0
AilDeckwave 1.0
AilRain 1.0
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Radio Paris French Music Full Version 1.2
Rel_SH4_BBC_1939_to_1945
Capthelms Remove Mouse Crosshair Mod For SH5
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.1
Accurate German Flags
R7 HiRes Mithrandirs Alt Clock
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_ColoredShippingChart_by_reaper7
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface
MRP 1.3+OPCF light
MRP 8x5 patch

Now. This first screenshot shows a C2-S-B1 Large Merchant which I have placed as close to 1500 m distant from me as the mission editor will allow. I was trying to recreate the exact conditions that TDW used in his tutorial on how to use the RA0BF--somewhere in this thread. In the picture you can see that the RAOBF finder is working, the graticules are correct. RAOBF gives me correct range (1500m) and AOB (90deg) for this target.

So far so good. In the next picture, I have placed another identical Merchant again at 1500 m, but this time I have canted it to 45 degs, and suddenly I can't read the RAOBF:

The 8 is on the wrong side. It looks like if it were on the reverse side, the angle might be close, but as it is, I have no degrees to determine AOB.

The final picture is another more extreme example of the above. This time I placed another identical Merchant at very close to 1500 meters but placed it facing me turned at a 20 deg angle. AOB should be 20 deg. The following is what I get:

Again, it looks like if the dial were reversed--if the 4 were on the other side in the same relative position, then the reading would be 20. But as it is, I don't have a tool with which to verify that, and attempting to do such geometric gymnastics in game would be tedious and frustrating in the extreme and shouldn't be necessary in a sane universe. The RAOBF is supposed to make things more immersive and to simplify AOB calculations.

So. What is wrong with this picture? Is it something I am doing wrong? I honestly don't think so. I have been over the prescribed procedure numerous times for hours on end. I know how to use it, which scales to take readings from, etc.

Help?
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 08:50 PM   #3810
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

nodlew
+1 The same problem.
What about full manual RAOBF?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui