SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-10, 03:41 PM   #2506
nervouspete
Watch

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Ahh!

That must be where I'm going wrong then, I'm activating everything I can get my hands on with all the deluded logic making faculties of a Stalingrad-addled Hitler. Tsk.

Should work now. Thanks for the prompt reply, Darkwraith!
\"Dive! Dive! Dive!\" he cried out, but to no avail. His life may as well be over from this point, as Bunty-Smythe the goalkeeper flailed wildly in the air, the ball rolling serenely underneath him and into the back of the net.
nervouspete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 04:28 PM   #2507
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Hi i have a question. I cant seem to make the sh-4 style dials that come with this mod as well to work. It just never shows up!

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 04:32 PM   #2508
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
Hi i have a question. I cant seem to make the sh-4 style dials that come with this mod as well to work. It just never shows up!
Do you mean the dials that display when you use SH4Style by changing the UIStyle value in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 04:36 PM   #2509
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

well i had a mod once which featured the 3 dails to the right. But ill settle for the whole sh-4 look.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 04:42 PM   #2510
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

For some reason that old style compass in the UI just didn't work for me with the newer look. So I slapped Jimimarid's Hi-Res dials in manually for my own personal mod and it seems to work for me.

Of course now I'm going have to make it a personal mod structure so I don't have to copy the file over and over again.

Mod location
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ighlight=dials

longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 04:46 PM   #2511
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam View Post
For some reason that old style compass in the UI just didn't work for me with the newer look. So I slapped Jimimarid's Hi-Res dials in manually for my own personal mod and it seems to work for me.

Of course now I'm going have to make it a personal mod structure so I don't have to copy the file over and over again.

Mod location
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ighlight=dials

very nice You know that compass is draggable also right? Move towards the top of it and the cursor will change to the all arrows denoting draggable
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 04:47 PM   #2512
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Both the SH3Style and SH4Style have the traditional 3 dials look. So does reaper7's mod.

Longam, those look great!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 04:47 PM   #2513
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
very nice You know that compass is draggable also right? Move towards the top of it and the cursor will change to the all arrows denoting draggable
Cool didn't know that, thanks
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-10, 05:32 PM   #2514
nervouspete
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
which notepad are you talking about?
Hmm, I think he's referring to the journal, and I think I'm having this problem too.

Departed from Kiel, moving through harbour, setting waypoints and chatting to crew. Trouble is, after first entering a journal log to test it out, "Departing Kiel for patrol, leek and potato soup tonight," it's no longer updating anything. Is there a way to get it updating automatically again? I can enter new entries, and I saved it as a new journal (and a box popped up confirming this) but nothing new appears. No course changes, crew mentions, nowt.

Any thoughts chaps?

Other than that glitch, I have to say that this mod is really floating my boat right now! Can't wait to test it out in battle!
\"Dive! Dive! Dive!\" he cried out, but to no avail. His life may as well be over from this point, as Bunty-Smythe the goalkeeper flailed wildly in the air, the ball rolling serenely underneath him and into the back of the net.
Old 05-25-10, 05:36 PM   #2515
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouspete View Post
Hmm, I think he's referring to the journal, and I think I'm having this problem too.

Departed from Kiel, moving through harbour, setting waypoints and chatting to crew. Trouble is, after first entering a journal log to test it out, "Departing Kiel for patrol, leek and potato soup tonight," it's no longer updating anything. Is there a way to get it updating automatically again? I can enter new entries, and I saved it as a new journal (and a box popped up confirming this) but nothing new appears. No course changes, crew mentions, nowt.

Any thoughts chaps?
when you enter new entries do they show up in the bottom right messagebox? Have the navigator do a depth under keel report and see if his report doesn't show up in the ships journal and the messagebox.
Old 05-25-10, 05:40 PM   #2516
nervouspete
Watch

The entries I edit appear in the lower corner box, but nothing else does - the game fails to update it. Tested it with the depth thing, nothing I'm afraid. When I hit Shift-. I hear him report the depth, but nothing pops up in the log.

The tooltips also seem to have disappeared, starting with the journal. Nothing pops up when I hover my mouse over stuff. Don't know if that's caused by the same thing or not.
Old 05-25-10, 05:42 PM   #2517
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Nothing I'm afraid. I hear him report the depth, but nothing pops up in the log.
interesting. Give me the exact sequence of events you did that caused the ships journal to quit updating. I'd like to test it out on my system.
Old 05-25-10, 05:48 PM   #2518
nervouspete
Watch

I can't remember for sure, but I think I clicked on the first button on the bottom journal that is a sort of load existing journal button. Foolishly I thought it was for creating, and typed in a new name and clicked accept. The error message came back at me after I had to alt-tab to read it, and I clicked ok and came back into the game.

Then I created a new log entry as stated before, and then saved the log as my own, 'U030 Peter Garland' which it created a new folder for and okayed.

Might restart patrol now, see if that fixes it. I'll see if I can redo what errors I made and let you know what it said too.
Old 05-25-10, 06:05 PM   #2519
nervouspete
Watch

Righto, exited to main menu and started a new career without exiting game. Tooltips came back but it still failed to auto-update.

Can I double check the exact procedure a newbie should use to kick off their journal, which buttons to press and what to type in? I'm guessing:

Click second '@' button - enter new name for journal you want to be saving. For example 'Captain Awesomo'

Edit away.

Save whenever stuff happens that you want to be sure of keeping, and at very end.

Go live a real life for while. Rub eyes at dazzling sunlight outside.

Succumb to withdrawl. Load up old game, click first '@' button to load, enter the name you saved under, find your old entries all listed and repeat as before.

That be the way?
Old 05-25-10, 06:06 PM   #2520
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Righto, exited to main menu and started a new career without exiting game. Tooltips came back but it still failed to auto-update.

Can I double check the exact procedure a newbie should use to kick off their journal, which buttons to press and what to type in? I'm guessing:

Click second '@' button - enter new name for journal you want to be saving. For example 'Captain Awesomo'

Edit away.

Save whenever stuff happens that you want to be sure of keeping, and at very end.

Go live a real life for while. Rub eyes at dazzling sunlight outside.

Succumb to withdrawl. Load up old game, click first '@' button to load, enter the name you saved under, find your old entries all listed and repeat as before.

That be the way?
what version of the mod are you using?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui