SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-10, 05:37 PM   #46
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Ducimus please renember "We should never SURRENDER"
Every day I start SH5 to give it another try. After half an hour I stop it when I get irritated by the bugs. I do understand Ducimus standpoint. You spent a lot of time modding but if the fundament is rotten it's a waiste of time. Today I'm desperately tuning the sim.cfg file hoping that my deck watch will react on the approaching destroyers. Realy nothing happens. Even when the destroyers are 20 Meters away from the sub. I cannot understand that Ubi created this mess while they should have knowledge and experience from SH3 and SH4. They invested in the ability to run around in a sub instead of investing in the real beef: the simulation.

I dream of having the SH3 source code. After some bugfixing and a introducing a Wolfpacksystem and surface attack ability you would already have a pearl forever - and about everybody in this forum knows that. Beatiful graphics are great. But the choice between graphics and gamebalance should be an easy one.
rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 07:33 PM   #47
AndrejD
Watch

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei View Post
Comes with the game. FREE!
In the same folder as your SH5 exe.

Lol

I found it.

thx
AndrejD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-10, 08:29 PM   #48
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Today I'm desperately tuning the sim.cfg file hoping that my deck watch will react on the approaching destroyers. Realy nothing happens. Even when the destroyers are 20 Meters away from the sub
Sim.cfg isn't the droid your looking for. Sensors.cfg is. Regardless, an unresponsive watch crew i do not think is sensor related, but skill/ability and/or morale related issue. I could be wrong, but i did give the sensor.cfg and watch crew visual sensor a quick look see and found nothing out of the ordinary.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 04:09 PM   #49
Ruslan
Watch

Downloads: 482

Am thing this mod unreal,its very very hard,sonar found me easy at dept 175 meters in 1939 year.Im hope next version this wil be balansed
Ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 08:21 PM   #50
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan View Post
Am thing this mod unreal,its very very hard,sonar found me easy at dept 175 meters in 1939 year.Im hope next version this wil be balansed
There will be no more versions. I have half a mind to delete this one. People complained about an unresponsive AI, so I hit it with a sledgehammer to get it to do something.

If you want better AI, keep an eye out for Nisgeis's work.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 08:16 AM   #51
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

by chance anyone still have the files for this? If so, can you provide a link or send them to me?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 01:22 AM   #52
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
by chance anyone still have the files for this? If so, can you provide a link or send them to me?

I can tell you ,

No matter which you use a hard AI of the MOD, are useless。This is not SH4.If want to strengthen AI to SH5,Only producers re-release patch。

I tried various adjustments, but can not improve AI.Also I can tell you,Can not sink a submarine by depth charge to SH5.When the submarine stopped 50 meters underwater。AI too stupidity .
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote