SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-13, 08:57 AM   #1096
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
I am sorry for the fact that I totally forgot your involvement in the mod after Beery Looking forwards to anything you have to offer.
Yeah, most people don't remember I was the one that put up the modding forum where we got together to work on RFB either. Twas why I "reintroduced" myself.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 01:14 PM   #1097
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw View Post
Yeah, most people don't remember I was the one that put up the modding forum where we got together to work on RFB either. Twas why I "reintroduced" myself.
I remember every time I go there - I stop in frequently to learn modding things - and I am thankful you keep it up Sir!

Happy Hunting!
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 01:42 PM   #1098
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
I remember every time I go there - I stop in frequently to learn modding things - and I am thankful you keep it up Sir!

Happy Hunting!
There were some comments about shutting it down because of the team dispersing, but you are exactly the reason I leave it up. There is a HUGE amount of information revealed in the discussions that you probably won't get any where else.

Some of the best and most knowledgeable modders in the SH series were talking there.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 06:11 PM   #1099
Tigershark624
A-ganger

Downloads: 134

The one adjustment I'd like to see to RFB would be to incorporate CapnScurvy's Optical Correction Mod. I heard he was working on a version for RFB but there hasn't been any news lately. Perhaps if he doesn't have the time to finish it he'd let you include it.
Tigershark624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 06:00 PM   #1100
daveinfla2002
Swabbie

Downloads: 420
Default many,many thanks

Just wanted to finally say to all of you who have posted here and keep this website working. THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I am one of those players who only play from time to time since this game first came out. I did not download it for free from a torrent site. I actually paid for it back when it first came out, because I had played SH3. I am 68 years old and love this game, love trying out the modes, discarding some, keeping some. But most of all I love reading what you guys do and write about for this game. Thank all of you and may the one above keep watching over all of you.
daveinfla2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 09:28 AM   #1101
haz
A-ganger

Downloads: 1401

I agree with Dave above am 51 and disabled cannot walk,in wheel chair which is no fun,i have played all of the mods made for sh4,and whish there were more,i am now playing rfb again and it is a mod that i like very much,please keep this open.Capt.Haz i sink alot mostly my sub, so the japs are pretty safe.lol
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 06:38 PM   #1102
Celtic_Commander
Nub

Downloads: 14

Hi Guys,

Kinda new to this site, loaded Real Boat 2.0 ok and used JSGME to install.
Wanted to play German Campaign but voices are all English?

Can not find the german audio files that were supposed come in download?

Any ideas?
Celtic_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 12:02 AM   #1103
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

RFB, Real Fleet Boat, is for the US sub campaign. You may want Op Monsun.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 08:30 AM   #1104
Bonden
Seaman

Downloads: 409

Agree with Dave also..
Bonden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 02:42 PM   #1105
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

You can try Operation Monsun mod.

I could not tell you with security, but you can try the "Das Boot" sound mod in RFB for german voices. I don´t know if it will work.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-14, 09:29 PM   #1106
TG626
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 3

Just starting out with RFB, in fact I haven't even cast off from Brisbane yet, but I was wondering.

A) The mouse seems slow... meaning I can't look around as quickly as I used to be able too, is this adjustable?

B) The patch said that "Map contacts were re-enabled" but I don't see them, or at least I don't see what I thought I would, which is the location of the ships around me on the nav map. Am I expecting something wrong? Does it mean instead that the RADIO reports of convoys and task forces will now appear on the map? (I know they didn't without the patch).
Old 05-03-14, 05:35 AM   #1107
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Downloads: 111
My vote

I vote yes!

But I might prefer the current RFB Damage mods over the stock. What I'd REALLY like would be something similar to Werner Sobe's sinking mod, which apparently only works with SH1.4. Too ambitious? LoL.

You might not get the "old gang" back together, but new gangs have a way of forming, and sometimes that rouses some of the old ones too.

RFB 3.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw View Post
So, here's a question for the users.

For those that don't remember, I took over the mod from Beery and was active until about 2009, when real life got in the way and I handed it over to LukeFF.

Noticed development has not gone on since 2010. Thinking about doing some small fixes for the mod.

Here's a list.
1. Damage mods for surface ships were never finished. What would you think about pulling out the damage mods and going back to 1.52 damage until someone is willing to work with getting them all updated? THis basically would give a more consistent sinking across the board.

2. Environment mod. 2 options.
Import latest environment mod and ensure sensors and lookouts function properly? Or- my preference, set up sensors and lookouts to work with the latest mod and make it a required to play correctly mod? I like the 2nd option better as it allows the environment to be updated and still used w/o rolling it into RFB.

3. Fix bugs where possible. I say this because I don't have the skills LukeFF and some of the other contributors had, so there are some things that are beyond my ken.

I have to play under the mod for a while to get a better feel, so this will not happen immediately.

Plus the group of contributors working on it drifted apart and I don't know who'd be willing to put any more time into this.
Sinkmore is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 10:12 AM   #1108
ming
Loader

Downloads: 138

Sound great! I have been in and out of the SH sims for years and am just getting back into this one with RFB!
ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 08:11 AM   #1109
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
wolf_howl15

Brk. glasses... changed structure of NSS_Sclass_CR.dat:

Original... with last string " return float4(color,diffuse.a); " in InteriorIlluminationPS.fx... brk. glasses are impossible:

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 04-30-18 at 07:58 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 05:50 AM   #1110
jean74
Medic

Downloads: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Brk. glasses... changed structure of NSS_Sclass_CR.dat:

Original... with last string " return float4(color,diffuse.a); " in InteriorIlluminationPS.fx... brk. glasses are impossible:

Hi Anvart,
Please, could you tell me where I can found a mod with this interior effect ?
I have been looking for it for long !!!
Or could you explain to me wich files and modifications I have to do to obtain the same effect ? It would be very nice from you !!
Many Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Jean
jean74 is offline   Reply With Quote