Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 10-09-08, 07:59 AM   #1
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

Default FS04 FSX people share your experiances

Does any of you fly for a virtual airline ? if so which one and what aircraft do you normally fly in ?

what are your experiancies in the FS world and please share some stories you have of some flights.

For me at the moment im flying for SAS mainly fly 737-600 but i am going to get type rated on the airbus fleet A319 A320 A321 and A330 (dont like the A340), i mainly fly short to medium haul flights anywhere between 1hr and 4 hours depending on my time limits, i used to fly for Air Canada flew for them 1999 to 2004 then went to British Airways 2004 to 2006 and now final SAS.

When i was flying for Air Canada i flew just the one route CYYZ to EDDF and back in the A330 and i clocked up a massive 9,207 hours in the A330's alone.
I moved on late 2004 to British Airways not transfering my hours fully they gave me 300 so i could still fly the long hauls, i did fly a few on occasion but now i had left school and time was tight i found myself flying more regional and city express routes in BAe146 and RJ100's and only gaining 300 hours between the two.
I flew a few flights i gained 211 hours flying in the 747-400 and i mainly after a while flew A320's clocking 401 hours between Air Canadas 320's and BA's 320's (gained about 140 more in BA).

Late 2006 i left BA on a good note and retired from the flight sim world as work and real life began to take hold 2007 i didnt fly anything at all it was only this year i began again flying this time for Scandinavian SAS ive only just recently started flying again ive started from scratch and now only flying the 737's however i hope to get re trained on the 320's and 330's so i may be able to fly them again.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 10:39 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

FS-2004 over here.

Preferred airliners are PMDG-747 and Level-D 767. flight-1 ATR-72 also being a top package. 737-800NG by PMDG also sometijmes in use.

No virtual airline or online flying. But I use online weather updates.

I plan flights exclusively between german airports, because I have all four parts of the German Airports series, giving me around 30 detailed Airports, half of them in almost photorealistic quality. the latest package, GA-2, looks breathtaking real. Airport scneeires really make a difference for me, taxiing, departing and landing at a well-modelled, realstic place with traffic adds so much to atmosphere and immersion.

Traffic 2005, Flight Sim Commander 7, Flight Environment, Ground Environment, FS Global 2005, Ultimate Terrain USA, Canada, Europe all are in use. Locations outside Germany I frequently visit are Vienna LOWW, Heathrow EGLL and Paris LFPG, all of which are also represented by special scenery.

I plan all airliner action in that way that between end of climb and start of descende at best 20 minutes pass. That makes some unrealistic flightplans, I know, even more so for a 747 or 767, but I do not see the point in sitting at the monitor for 6 hours and supervising the plane flying itself over open water. My flights, including planning and setting up, last for 60-90 minutes, normally.

i also use the Piper Cheyenne, the Realair SF260, the Realair Spitfire, a Cessna Cardinal, and since short time a Jayhawk helicopter and a wonderful F-5E, doing most flying with these in the Alps.

I also use a dedicated sailplane simulator, "Condor". But not that often - i want to press buttons, and sailplanes are a bit short on opportunities for that.

I did two trips around the world over the years, in short hops of 1-2 hours in mean. Most major hubs in america and Asia I have visited, and some famous places like Lukla as well.

I have - since many years - the tick to not jump around, but to leave from the place where I landed last. If I feel I want to take off from a given location next time, first I virtually get there.

Combat flying I have lost interest in almost completely. No more Falcon, Longbow 2 or IL-2.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-09-08 at 10:51 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote