SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-08, 11:30 AM   #1
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default "LIVE" SOUND for GWX 2.1. A sound atmosphere on a submarine.

Poul-Sound mod GWX 2.1

This mod is an attempt to do a sound atmosphere and situation on the submarine of more "live".

It is modification of my works for Sh3 GWX - GWX 1.03 and Sh4.
To pass a sound atmosphere "GERMAN SUBMARINES" fully I did this work in German language. English in Sh3 CWX 2.1 will not be changed. You do not have risks. You will simply commute an option in the window of tuning: Language of voices - "German". It needs to be made for reception of full effect. The main sound work is there.

Attention! For normal work of this mod you must have a good audio card.

CHANGES:

A folder "Speech". Add Voices of crew and sound atmosphere:

ChE:
-Sounds of Rudder
-Sounds of Engine Order
-Crash dive
-Surface the boat
-Periscope depth
-Snorkel depth
-Blow ballast
-Recharging batteries
-Standard propulsion
-Rig for silent running
-Deploying decoys

NaO:
-Returning to course

RaM
-New message received
-Contact report sent

WaO:
-Man the flak and deck guns
-Watch crew on deck

WeO:
-Identifying target
-Marking target
-Solution_ready
-Torpedo impact
-Torpedo missed
-We have been detected (spotted)

Wave files:
Changed and done more atmospheric and realistic the following sound:
-Ocean
-Submarine boat
-The sounds of exhaust and valves are now audible in work of diesel
-Creaks of corps of submarine on a large depth
-Submarine Interior
-Torpedoes
-Depth-bombs (after an explosion is a metallic echo into a submarine)
-Sounds of voices of crew and instruments at failures, when water goes to the boat
-Submarine Surface and diving
-Echolot ping
-sonar coat
-Submarine Dive (Voices of crew and sound atmosphere)
-Frequency description of sounds of ships is changed in a hydrophone. Now they differentiate very well
-The sound of fishings boats and torpedo cutters is changed. Now their sound expressly differs from other ships.
-Airplanes Damageds
-Glass break (sound atmosphere)
-Collisions
-Periscope Up-Down
-And another...

In this mod is placed file Sh3.sdl from "LifeBoats&Debris_v2_A" (maestro Rubini)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134988
Also in him there are the modified sounds from "Racerboys Sh4 effects" (I added the spatial sound).
It together works splendidly!

Many thanks Rubini,
Many thanks Racerboys.

Loading mod here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/Sarbash/
Poul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 11:59 AM   #2
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sorry, there was no chance to resist! :rotfl:
Old 05-02-08, 12:32 PM   #3
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Please, please...
We laugh at this idiot most loudly in the world!
Old 05-02-08, 12:58 PM   #4
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hehe I know the picture he provides about Kazakhstan and its people is... not very correct

Regarding your sounds...

Well... Overall I have to say they are to loud and this makes the overall quality suffer a bit. A few of them have a kind of annoying echo. I know it should enhance the immersion and give the player the feeling to be inside a sub - but with a good card and EAX you actually dont need to add echoes to the sounds...

Another thing are the "Cargo_hyd". The sound is cool, but its never-ever a cargo ship! cargo ships are always slow and low in sound profile. I guess you mixed something up there?

I like the new Creak Sounds. Good job on this one!

The new engine orders are a nice idea. but there is a big error. he says "jawohl herr kapitän!" this is wrong, unless the player is a captain/kapitän in rank. and after that you can hear a "jawohl herr kaleun"... very confusing! oh and the loudspeaker thing...uhm... i cant say for sure, but i dont think the germans used them for orders like this. because the order was given in the same room where the engine-telegraph is. no need to inform the whole boat

the "ChE_K_Dive_planes_set_for_normal_dive.ogg" is very strange too. first you can hear a "Sir!" in a GERMAN phrase... uhm... no way, never ever! you will only find this in stupid hollywood movies with terrible syncro...
(note by the way: do not use sounds from crappy movies )
and they talking about a water leak inside the sub...everytime you dive? mh...

Uhm ok. Ive checked the rest and I have to say they are nearly all "wrong" if you go for realism... but I have to say wow... you put A LOT of work in this and must have spent many hours doing this. Some very nice ideas (like the "identifying ship" sound when you hear him searching in the book... nice

But the most is actually garbage - at least for german speaking people - because it doesnt make sence. Im so sorry to say that.

I hope you dont hate me now...

Old 05-02-08, 02:39 PM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'll have a listen

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 02:41 PM   #6
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Sound interesting....I guess my Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro Qualifies as a good sound card?:hmm:

Thanks for this....
Old 05-02-08, 04:06 PM   #7
Klaus_Doldinger
Planesman

Downloads: 13

Poul, your previous sound mod was a "must have" for me; I´m sure this one will be one of my favourites too. D/L now.

In any case, you can improve your work with the criticism and suggestions from german native-speaking like nippelspanner.
GWX 3.0
GWX 16 Km atmosphere
GWX no medals on crew
GWX open hatch
GWX Saint Nazaire, Schleuse and units
OLC GUI 1.2.7
Thomsen´s sound
Torpedo damage final
Rubini´s lifeboats and debris
D.i.D.
Klaus_Doldinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 04:35 PM   #8
Yorktown_Class
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus_Doldinger
Poul, your previous sound mod was a "must have" for me; I´m sure this one will be one of my favourites too. D/L now.

In any case, you can improve your work with the criticism and suggestions from german native-speaking like nippelspanner.
I agree
Old 05-03-08, 12:21 AM   #9
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Thanks, friends.
Old 05-03-08, 12:26 AM   #10
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
Sound interesting....I guess my Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro Qualifies as a good sound card?:hmm:

Thanks for this....
Thanks. Yes. It is a good sound card for this game.
Old 05-03-08, 12:35 AM   #11
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner

But the most is actually garbage - at least for german speaking people - because it doesnt make sence. Im so sorry to say that.

I hope you dont hate me now...

No, no... Certainly is not present. I agree with criticism about the present German speech. But dialects are possible. Germans in Kazakhstan speak not as Germans in Germany, for example. You will excuse my errors. But sound of military German speech - it very beautifully! I listen it as not speech, but as music.

But I categorically do not agree with words about quality of a sound.
I the professional sound producer. The chief sound-designer of sound production studio of a National broadcasting company. I do works for CNN, BBC and "Deutshe Welle" (by the way). When in our country there are international forums, the congresses, competitions and greater events. I do music and a sound for this purpose. These works use these television companies all over the world.

Conclusion: if I badly do work - I have no work.

But I have work (and the big piece of remarkable German
sausage on the piece of my bread from a broadcasting company "Deutshe Welle", including)
Old 05-03-08, 12:49 AM   #12
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

lol Poul you didn't have to bring out the big guns... Its your mod. There always critics.

Just an idea Poul, maybe making the German community happy you could use some of your connections in your field. Maybe get some hardcore german navy guys to speak there talk and you record it.:hmm: If you haven't already done that?

Your call, your mod. I have no complants, I like it already. But I'm alway open to improvements. hehehe.
Old 05-03-08, 03:54 AM   #13
Poul
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
lol Poul you didn't have to bring out the big guns... Its your mod. There always critics.

Just an idea Poul, maybe making the German community happy you could use some of your connections in your field. Maybe get some hardcore german navy guys to speak there talk and you record it.:hmm: If you haven't already done that?

Your call, your mod. I have no complants, I like it already. But I'm alway open to improvements. hehehe.
Thanks. Good words. I am not afraid of correct criticism and I am not afraid of "hardcore navy guys". I am "hardcore navy guy" too. Because I like to float on a sailing yacht in a good wind and I dive without an aqualung on depth of 25 meters. Sounds of the sea and a underwater atmosphere are well familiar to me.
Yes. My American friends sent records of the voices. I wished to hear the present American accent from Southern States. For my work. If guys which correctly speak on the Bavarian or Prussian dialect will write down correct reports - we together can make a good German sound.
Old 05-03-08, 11:45 AM   #14
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

There are some very nice sounds there! Some I will definitely use, others I have different version of that I like better.

The only one I really didn't like is the 'Periscope Depth'. It's real good if you're surfaced, with all the diving sounds included, but they sound out of place if you're at 100 meters and coming up to periscope depth.
Old 05-03-08, 08:20 PM   #15
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I downloaded this mod on a quiet saturday afternoon and played a few sounds. Well, it sprofessional stuff so it is so i'm gonna use it on my next patrol......just don't tell Thomsen

Actually, you guys should talk because with your productions skills and thomsens dedication, well, i see some common ground here.

Just planting seeds...