SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-08, 04:28 PM   #46
Dutchie-one
Officer

Downloads: 255
Uploads: 0
Nice ships, the CAM ships where mostly Oiltankers or Grainships and carry one planeThanks, Dutchie-one

Dutchie-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-08, 05:00 PM   #47
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
The models I am releasing soon are hopefully more accurate than what I originally was going to release (see the old screenshots on the ship models thread).
Old 01-17-08, 06:52 AM   #48
Nico71
Medic

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico71
But....how am I supposed to know which models have been added to GWX 2.0 already and which ones haven't? And how do I add ships manually at all? Finally: what tools, converters, etc do I need to make new models in 3ds max? I'm bored!
None of my ships have already been added to GWX except for the Empire Freighter and the Empire Freighter CAM-Ship, which I probably won't include in the mod. To add ships manually, simply extract the package like you would with any mod and the appropriate files will go into the data/sea and other folders. Then (and this is important) add the ship to the Englishnames.cfg file.

Unfortunately I only use Wings3d and not 3ds Max, so I don't know how to convert the models.

Thank you! Well, I have temporary access to Max and now even Maya (still learning, though), hence my question.
Nico71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-08, 09:23 AM   #49
Nico71
Medic

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico71
But....how am I supposed to know which models have been added to GWX 2.0 already and which ones haven't? And how do I add ships manually at all? Finally: what tools, converters, etc do I need to make new models in 3ds max? I'm bored!
You can download Pack3d from my filefront link in my sig, it allows you to unpack the .dat files in which the models (.obj files), textures and stuff i don't know a thing about.
Then if you have a recent version of 3ds max you should be able to import .obj files, otherwise you will need the suitable plugin, a google search with "your 3ds version number + obj plugin" should do.
That's only for the modeling part, I don't know anything about adding new models in the game after you have your own new .dat file.
Great! Thank you, will try this ASAP!
Nico71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-08, 02:57 PM   #50
jpm1
Captain

Downloads: 9

i'm looking foward to them
jpm1 is offline   Reply With Quote