SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-07, 11:52 PM   #61
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Whistler is up, see the first post for link.

Inner Sanctum, Adventures by Morse, or Terry and the Pirates will be one of the next ones.

EDIT: I'm finishing up a rework of my news mod, once that is done I'll continue releasing these station mods.

Last edited by tedhealy; 04-25-07 at 12:21 AM.
tedhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 05:37 PM   #62
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

I didn't have enough shows to do a whole station for Terry and the Pirates, Ellery Queen, World Adeventurers Club, and Sherlock Holmes so I combined them into one station.

UPLOADED - see first post for link

Quote:
Adventure v 1.0

IF YOU DO NOT EDIT YOUR RADIO.INI, THIS MOD WILL NOT WORK.

Adventure - 87 shows (Terry and the Pirates, Ellery Queen, World Adeventurers Club, and Sherlock Holmes), all approximately 15 to 30 minutes in length. Two shows get run every month for the entire war. First broadcast is on the 10th, and the second is on the 25th (no shows are run in december 1941). All broadcasts are made at 21:00. Shows are not scripted to run on their original air dates in game for the most part. Attempts were made to have shows run in order though.

It is very easy to edit the events.ini if you want to increase or decrease the number of times a show is played per month. If you can't figure it out, just ask away and I'll get you started on any editing you want to do.

Adventure consists of Terry and the Pirates(adventure), Ellery Queen(adventure/mystery), World Adventurers Club(adventure), and Sherlock Holmes(mystery). Sound quality is good on the vast majority of clips. There are 5 to 10 with low volume. I've combined 4 separate shows for this station due to lack of content for each.

Terry and the Priates 1942-March 1943
Ellery Queen-March 1943-November 1943
World Adventure-December 1943-September 1944
Sherlock October 1944-1945

It weighs in at 325 MB uncompressed.

The mod will be in JSGME format, but you will have to edit your own radio.ini so you do not break other radio mods you might have. You will need to add the following to your radio.ini found in \data\sound\radio

;ADVENTURE
;=======================

[CHANNEL]
Name=Adventure
Folder=adventure
Freq=XX
Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:55.00,-3.00:100000
;MusicVolumeOnNews takes values from 0.01 to 1
MusicVolumeOnNews=0.01

;==============================

You will have to supply your own number for the Freq=XX line - you will replace XX with a number of your choosing.

You will supply this frequency depending on the other radio mods you have used. The easiest solution is to paste this new channel at the bottom of the list. For the frequency number, look at the frequency of the previous station and add 10 to it to get the freq number for this station. Frequencies go from 1 to 1000.

If you want a different frequency, you can paste this entry in between other stations and select a frequency in between those stations. Make sure to have the stations ordered by frequency in the radio.ini. For example if you make this station's frequency=23, do not paste it before stations lower than 23 nor after stations higher than 23. Remember to space them roughly 10 frequencies apart.

If you don't use JSGME, just drop the adventure folder in \data\sound\radio and make sure to edit the radio.ini as instructed.

You can put music files in \data\sound\radio\adventure if you want. These files will play randomly on the station when a show is not playing. This way you will not have any dead air. Music will played until a show starts.

-tedhealy subsim.com forum

Last edited by tedhealy; 04-25-07 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-26-07, 04:46 AM   #63
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)
Downloads: 0

Hi Ted,

I just picked up The Shadow and the latest adventure pack. I was wondering if you had any sound clips advertising the shows. What I was hoping to do was to place adverts for the shows into the regular radio folder so they would play when shows weren't on the air - kind of like the way the CBS News mod works.

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 10:17 AM   #64
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beery
Hi Ted,

I just picked up The Shadow and the latest adventure pack. I was wondering if you had any sound clips advertising the shows. What I was hoping to do was to place adverts for the shows into the regular radio folder so they would play when shows weren't on the air - kind of like the way the CBS News mod works.
Sorry Beery, no clips advertising shows. Maybe just as good, you can get a 100 some commercials for products at zootradio.com. You could mix those in with some music. I could put them in a 'commercial' pack and put them up at filefront if you want. Then people could sprinkle those into the various folders to get a random mix of music and commercials.
Old 04-26-07, 10:33 AM   #65
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

I would like that to actually, getting a bit fed up with "Beach nut gum" :p
EDIT just signed up at "zootradio" but where are the commercials?...will keep looking.
MYBAD! found them in the list "nr.50" I missed this link totally if you posted it before man. Gold mine!

Last edited by CaptainCox; 04-26-07 at 10:52 AM.
CaptainCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 04:07 PM   #66
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

2 things, fibber mcgee will be reuploaded overnight due to an error when you try to extract. Filefront sent me an email about auto deleting that file. It worked fine before that, but now it does not. Odd.

Also I'll add a few more stations to the series this weekend.

EDIT: Fibber back up. Let me know if there still are problems extracting it.

Last edited by tedhealy; 05-05-07 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-07-07, 03:18 PM   #67
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Mystery Horror Station - mystery/horror, 88 shows, approx. 25 to 30 minutes each. 385 MB
(Inner Sanctum and Weird Circle)

Uploading later today.

EDIT: Up, see first post for link.

Last edited by tedhealy; 05-08-07 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-15-07, 11:22 AM   #68
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

I'm not sure what show I'll do next, but I'll get another station uploaded this week.

EDIT: I think I'll do Information Please next. Sort of a change of pace as it's a game/quiz show. There looks to be at least 80 shows so it should get it's own station.

Last edited by tedhealy; 05-15-07 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-15-07, 11:53 AM   #69
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Great if you did I have a question that I think you might be the right person to ask tedhealy!. Is it possible to have your fav radio station playing directly as you go in to the game, basically lazy mode, no click open radio, no click play :P.
Might have been discussed before but missed it in that case. Cheers!
Old 05-15-07, 11:59 AM   #70
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCox
Great if you did I have a question that I think you might be the right person to ask tedhealy!. Is it possible to have your fav radio station playing directly as you go in to the game, basically lazy mode, no click open radio, no click play :P.
Might have been discussed before but missed it in that case. Cheers!
Wow, that's lazy Not that I'm aware of, but I'll have a looksy to see if I can figure anything out. Seems like it should be possible.
Old 05-15-07, 12:04 PM   #71
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Cheers man!
Old 05-15-07, 01:33 PM   #72
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Had a bit of a look in to the Radio.ini, Music.cfg...can't see it man Well its not the end of the world is it. But I hate when you can't beat the system...you know what i mean
Old 05-15-07, 01:40 PM   #73
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)
Downloads: 0

I sometimes get the radio switched on when I start a patrol and I can't switch it off. I haven't mentioned it as a bug because it's fairly infrequent. But does anyone else ever experience this?

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-07, 01:40 PM   #74
tedhealy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Had a bit of a look in to the Radio.ini, Music.cfg...can't see it man Well its not the end of the world is it. But I hate when you can't beat the system...you know what i mean
Yeah, it's not going to be in those files. the menu.ini will be the place to start looking I would think.
Old 05-15-07, 01:41 PM   #75
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
Quote:
Yeah, it's not going to be in those files. the menu.ini will be the place to start looking I would think.
Ah ha!...good one...will have another look at that.