SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-07, 12:46 AM   #271
Shepelly
Soundman

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Diddo, with Rascal101, However the OBPeriScope, has moved out of its housing,

Can this be returned or does it stay.

Again great work
Old 03-07-07, 12:51 AM   #272
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

Sorry I didnt notice tha, would love to see whats behind the round door at the other end!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepelly

Again great work
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 03:58 AM   #273
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepelly

Again great work

This was intentionally done by the NYGM team. The position its at in their mod, is acutally the correct position. By default it was improperly located.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 04:01 AM   #274
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Holy ****.

If this is ever 100% completed, i might acutally play sh3 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Hi there,

Downloaded it, installed it, ENJOYED IT!- Well done it works, at least for me;

I tested it on a single mission and could clearly see the captain’s bunk from the control room, from both control room camera viewpoints. And I could see into the control room when looking back from the radio / hydrophones room.

Some issues- In the old game (without this mod), you could click on the hatch door and go to the captains bed, radio and hydrophone room, you could stand virtually in the middle and look down on you radio man or your hydrophone operator or turn around to look at your nicely made bed, with the Playboys stashed underneath.

With the BETA version a few things change:

1. You cannot click on the hatch lid, (because its not there), and the hatch space itself does not work, so you cannot click on the space to enter or leave either the control room or the radio/hydrophones compartment. The only way to enter either from the other is to use the relevant icon in the menu slide out.

2. You can sit in the radio man’s chair and look around but the ugly radio and Hydrophones guys are not at their stations, presumably the modders have not placed any one in there yet.

3. You cannot sit on the captain’s bed and twiddle your thumbs, nor look about you. The camera positions in this compartment seems to have been moved further back into the compartment which does produce some weirdness which I shall describe.

4. When you move to the hydrophones station the camera positioning problem becomes apparent as you wind up sitting half in your own body and half in the hydrophones machine housing, you cannot see the direction dial, cos your kind of sitting in it and you cannot therefore work the dial to find direction, the station itself seems to have been rendered inoperable by the mod.

In summary:
You guys should be congratulated for making this work, you are 98% there, the graphics work, (though I wouldn’t want to be rushing around my U-Boat with those hinges blocking my way, hopefully that issue can be fixed).

The lights shining through bulkheads are still there but hey that’s always been an issue, and can be sorted later.

The big problem as I see it are with the camera and crew positions in the listening / radio rooms and captains bunk, no doubt these can be sorted out and this s a beta after all! Well Done!

I played a single mission and the fact that I could look around the control room and see into the next compartment sure made my boat feel like a long thin tube, rather than a rather badly dressed film set.

One thing I would love to see is more fruit and cold meat hanging around or scattered around all compartments, Germans love their delicacies such as cold or preserved meats, and fruit would have been a high priority. U-Boat men were treated like gods and got much better rations than the general population. Unlike the US subs they did not have fridges or air con, at least not in the smaller early war boats, so they would have been loaded to the max with canned food, fruit and preserved meats, please modders more messy Uboats!!

Hope you get the other rooms and issues sorted this mod lends a nice feel to the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck
Moin,

BETA Version is available for download at my FileFront Site (ca 16.13MB). Thanks Urfisch for pushing me this far.

Known Problems:
+lights still shine through the walls
+hatches not rotated yet

Dont´forget to backup your files before overwriting/deleting!!!

Since I haven´t had the time to test it to all detail I NEED FEEDBACK whether all sections of the radio room work correctly or not.

Regards,
DD
Old 03-07-07, 05:11 AM   #275
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin,

IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Ducimus´ posting made clear to me that I´ve used the NYGM version instead of the stock one to modify, by mistake. So the NYGM team has to be added to the credits.

I´m in contact with them to obtain permission. Let´s hope they don´t dislike this little mod.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 05:28 AM   #276
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

As long as you cite your source, i dont think they'd have a problem with it. Ive used ALOT of their stuff, cited my source, they knew about it, and was fine with it - infact, DTB even sent me the spec sheet on some of their sensor settings when he saw some of the work i was doing based on some of their stuff.

Besides, if your looking for a reply, you have a potentially long wait, most of the NYGM team that i know of doesnt show up here very often (if at all) anymore.
Old 03-07-07, 07:14 AM   #277
Shepelly
Soundman

Downloads: 43
Thanks Ducimus,

I'll just have to remember its there so I dont run in to it when i go for the coning tower

Or wait for the Duck to release it with the stock:rotfl:

Great work guy's.
Old 03-07-07, 12:36 PM   #278
Filax
Watch

Downloads: 0

Hello
Quote:
Moin,

Ducimus´ posting made clear to me that I´ve used the NYGM version instead of the stock one to modify, by mistake. So the NYGM team has to be added to the credits.

I´m in contact with them to obtain permission. Let´s hope they don´t dislike this little mod.

Regards,
DD
Don´t be silly. Why shouldn´t they like this mod? Anyone was waiting for this as long as SH3 is available.

Filax
Filax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 04:39 PM   #279
CaptainNemo12
Frogman

Downloads: 15

Wait, so the Beta V2 only removes the hatch to the Radioroom? Is it still possible to remove the hatch connecting the aft interior of the boat? (I hope so! Those CG renderings of the officers' quarters sure look nice! ) If so, when can we expect the full version to be released?

Please forgive me for sounding so impatient, but this is just an amazing mod!
CaptainNemo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 04:56 PM   #280
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Moin,

Regards,
DD
Great Work DD

No issues mate! An honest mistake, it happens.

I really liked the changes that Observer did for the command room.
Der Teddy Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 10:16 PM   #281
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204

Great work

i tested it and the only know problem is the lights through walls and a slight framerate drop , but nothing serious.

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 01:54 AM   #282
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Oh my God.

I even tried to knock the hatch open by knocking my head off my monitor.
I guess brain does better than physique. Much better.

Pls pls pls get around the lights shining thru problem.
Perhaps by turning off those lights when we are in the command room?
Old 03-08-07, 09:47 AM   #283
CptGrayWolf
Commander

Downloads: 11

Diving Duck, you know about that 'no lights through body' mod? Maybe it's the same basic idea, or maybe the author can help you out.

Thomas Voltz, U-93 VIIc, Aug 1940, at sea patrol 1
GWX3 Gold, 100%
CptGrayWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 10:08 AM   #284
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Hi,

@DTB:
MANY THANKS.

@CptGrayWolf:
I´ve figured out how the lights are blocked in stock RR compartment already. But when importing a new bulkhead it doesn´t block the lights, although the necessary RayTracedHalo nodes are attached. Once more the issues seems to lie with the TMAP. Working hard on that.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 11:17 AM   #285
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

And what about the GWX hi res gauges? Are fixed or will be?
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote