SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-11-12, 10:22 AM   #2716
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224
Uploads: 0

End of September 1939. U-21 on her first patrol. After refit at Helgoland there was no contact for several days. Suddenly two R.A.F. Hurricanes were approaching fast. Instant crash dive and we better stayed submerged untill 10 pm. Some 100 km east from Orkney Islands...

Next day the sea was quite rough...

Finally!!! The luck smiled at us. Men felt relieved, after several days of no action they've performed their duties with true enthusiasm

Torpedo depth some four meters, magnetic pistol. Precise hit, one eel was enough

Hunter. Going silent...

The first went down, but she travelled accompained by another one. This inferno occured in just ten minutes. Notice U-21's periscope on the very right side of the screen

Surface the boat

New radiogram received. New base - Wilhelmshaven

Approaching Wilhelmshaven for refit

Refit done and U-21 is on the way back to North Sea. Guys are excited about songs of Edith Piaf...

After one month at sea and over 50.000 tons sunk U-21 is heading back to battle, getting close to her tonnage objective

First Patrol Of U-21 Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBqInzBaGc
First Patrol Of U-21 Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqyTaomDjM

Last edited by Swat; 03-11-12 at 11:34 AM.
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 10:41 AM   #2717
matti95
Loader

Downloads: 41

Really nice pictures Swat
matti95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 11:20 AM   #2718
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Great shots!
Old 03-11-12, 11:48 AM   #2719
Swat
中国水兵

Glad you like it. After long time of observations of the state of SH5 I was finally able to start my career. SH is not just a game. It only takes few minutes of reading this forum to find out it is about people, education and friendship. And once again - this game would not be playable without all those great mods. Words can hardly express my gratitude. I consider myself as an average pc user. I build and maintain my rig, I solve all the problems I encounter, got my pc overclocked etc. But I'm no modder. Simply I do not know how to and that makes me to be grateful even more. Thank you people.

Old 03-11-12, 03:53 PM   #2720
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
Glad you like it. After long time of observations of the state of SH5 I was finally able to start my career. SH is not just a game. It only takes few minutes of reading this forum to find out it is about people, education and friendship. And once again - this game would not be playable without all those great mods. Words can hardly express my gratitude. I consider myself as an average pc user. I build and maintain my rig, I solve all the problems I encounter, got my pc overclocked etc. But I'm no modder. Simply I do not know how to and that makes me to be grateful even more. Thank you people.
Gotta ask you a question though .. !So do you like frying your breakfast on a burning frieghter yet ?

Man Thank you for the great screen shots ~~ and the stories that go with it

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 04:59 PM   #2721
Capt.Warner
Lieutenant

Downloads: 60

Nice screenshots Swat. I really need to get back into Silent Hunter 5, its been to long.

Capt.Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 05:37 PM   #2722
Swat
中国水兵

Go for it. I got back to SH after relatively long time. I played SH3 since the day it was released, then I've started completely new and "sharp" career with GWX and now I have my last and backuped savegame somewhere in Decemeber 1940..Or 1941 already? Can't remember now to be honest. In the meantime I've completed my career in SH4 and enjoyed it very much. It was kind of easier, japanese destroyers were not delivering that kind of hell like allies in the Atlantic. But then I didn't get back to SH3, got busy in work etc. And honestly - speaking for myself here - I have to have the right mood to play SH. I simply need to get into it properly. I can't play this game for half an hour or one hour every day. I always cared about immersion so when I turn SH game on I go for hours - the whole night for example. And since SH5 was unplayable after its release, I had SH4 completed, but busy in work - not the right constellation to get back to SH3, there was nothing to play. I was only visiting Subsim thinking 'ok, let's see if this game is still alive', checked some discussions, observed the screenshots, but then I've always found something distracting, like somebody posting about something still broken and I always thought I'm not gonna play it when this or that is not working or implemented at all. I was horrified when I installed SH5 first time and there was no depth under keel, no return to course etc etc. It felt like alpha version of the game or what. But now it's the right time for me again, I have time to enjoy being at the sea again. And it's thanks to all the modders here. I just have to thank you in every post guys for your amazing and enthusiastic work. So yes, do give it a try. I think SH5 is definitely in more than very well playable state right now, at least I haven't noticed any disturbing or game/immersion braking bugs. And with all that eye candy and sound mods it could be a real jewel one day. Good luck.

Old 03-11-12, 06:29 PM   #2723
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125

Rough seas for my Spy implant. Zoom in on picture to see better

Old 03-11-12, 06:36 PM   #2724
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat View Post
Go for it. I got back to SH after relatively long time. I played SH3 since the day it was released, then I've started completely new and "sharp" career with GWX and now I have my last and backuped savegame somewhere in Decemeber 1940..Or 1941 already? Can't remember now to be honest. In the meantime I've completed my career in SH4 and enjoyed it very much. It was kind of easier, japanese destroyers were not delivering that kind of hell like allies in the Atlantic. But then I didn't get back to SH3, got busy in work etc. And honestly - speaking for myself here - I have to have the right mood to play SH. I simply need to get into it properly. I can't play this game for half an hour or one hour every day. I always cared about immersion so when I turn SH game on I go for hours - the whole night for example. And since SH5 was unplayable after its release, I had SH4 completed, but busy in work - not the right constellation to get back to SH3, there was nothing to play. I was only visiting Subsim thinking 'ok, let's see if this game is still alive', checked some discussions, observed the screenshots, but then I've always found something distracting, like somebody posting about something still broken and I always thought I'm not gonna play it when this or that is not working or implemented at all. I was horrified when I installed SH5 first time and there was no depth under keel, no return to course etc etc. It felt like alpha version of the game or what. But now it's the right time for me again, I have time to enjoy being at the sea again. And it's thanks to all the modders here. I just have to thank you in every post guys for your amazing and enthusiastic work. So yes, do give it a try. I think SH5 is definitely in more than very well playable state right now, at least I haven't noticed any disturbing or game/immersion braking bugs. And with all that eye candy and sound mods it could be a real jewel one day. Good luck.
Not to be Off Topic, but speaking of SH3 GWX thats one I can't wait to play when I get my new computer, I mean as much as Im looking forward to 5, I looked at some of the new hardcode fixes that popped up since Ive been gone and just can't wait to get at it, and 4, and 5 .. *sigh* there go my liberty weekends

*EDIT*

Oh and beautiful screenshots, Im using some as a desktop right now. Funny enough, I get a nice big WTF from people when I boot up my computer and they see a German U-Boat on my desktop, half don't even know what it is :P
Old 03-11-12, 06:53 PM   #2725
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Great photo series, Swat! I particularly like the first one with the sun's rays playing through the surface of the water. The graphics of this sim amaze me
Old 03-12-12, 07:48 PM   #2726
darrincates
Sailor man

Downloads: 75

textures stopped loading while tweaking gpu ...
darrincates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 06:23 PM   #2727
GreyIron
Seaman

Downloads: 156

I can't wait too take a screenshot of the spy in the raft...Nice screenshots mate!
GreyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-12, 03:43 AM   #2728
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Old 03-15-12, 04:19 AM   #2729
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Last edited by tonschk; 03-15-12 at 05:08 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 01:50 PM   #2730
matti95
Loader

Downloads: 41

JU 88 attacks arctic convoy

Ended like this

matti95 is offline   Reply With Quote