SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-01-08, 06:25 PM   #1
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default German Voices?

is there a way to get them?

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 06:30 PM   #2
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

There's a mod on the modding forums that adds the SH3 voices
Raptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 07:13 PM   #3
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131792

Here

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-08, 07:52 PM   #4
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48

If only there was some kind of button which we could press that would answer these kind of questions for us... :hmm:

Nope can't think of one...
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 05:01 AM   #5
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 6

So far I have tried three German speechpacks on SH4 using JSGME, but none works flawlessly: the official SH4 German speechpack, the GWX 2.0 speechpack and the Spax pack. In all cases, speech concerning torpedo launching/reloading reverts to English: you get "Torpedo in the water", "Torpedo impact", "No. 1 tube ready" etc instead of "Aal ist im Wasser", "Torpedotreffer" and "Rohr 1 nachgeladen, Herr Kaleu" etc. Next step was to remove the contents of the 1.5 speech folder and use this to create a new JSGME-ready US Speechpack, the original speech folder remaining empty. Tested this with the US speech disabled and GWX speechpack enabled, and the US speech regarding the torpedos had disappeared.......... to be replaced by dead silence.
Next step will be to see if the official German SH4 speechpack works properly with the US speechpack disabled, including the speech pertaining to the torpedo firing.

My SH3/SH4 mods: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/GerritJ9
GerritJ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 05:05 AM   #6
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Good luck, I want this too. Its such an immerion killer to hear "torpedo hit" and so on.
Old 03-02-08, 06:54 AM   #7
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

LOL I can't help but laugh... For once I ask a question about something, and I get rolly eyes smileys.

Yet each and every time I log on I am in "customer service mode" for everybody else who asks questions.

Perhaps in future I'll post a few rolly eye smileys whenever somebody needs help with something.

FWIW I thought getting German voices was the same case as SH3 by going into sound options but couldn't see anything there to change it. I had no idea an actual mod was required.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 07:21 AM   #8
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
FWIW I thought getting German voices was the same case as SH3 by going into sound options but couldn't see anything there to change it. I had no idea an actual mod was required.
Yep, Pen, language options have been omitted completely.

Re the German Voices, I don't know why people seem to think a simple copy & paste (and or rename) would suffice in fixing this issue. It seems that some are so eager to get something into the public without investigating what's actually required.

@ Pen there's a tool on the Lair which might help you. Failing that, your fav GWX dev (who built it) will know whats up.
Old 03-02-08, 07:22 AM   #9
Gezoes
XO

Downloads: 22

We're used to these things I guess, but so are the dev's apparently. Maybe that's why there was no need to do proper voicing.

And that's worth a
Old 03-02-08, 07:24 AM   #10
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Need to get you two of those glowing sticks, a high vis jacket and some earmuffs :rotfl:

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 10:20 AM   #11
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

Tested the official SH4 German speechpack in the same way as described above for the GWX pack......... but this shows exactly the same faults as the GWX pack i.e. total silence when a torpedo is launched, in the water and tube is reloaded. While I can understand the GWX and the Spax speechpacks giving such problems, I fail to see why the OFFICIAL SH4 speechpack would exhibit exactly the same shortcomings- after all, this is supposed to be a straight replacement for the sim's US speech. Curiouser and curiouser..............:hmm:
And the "Rudder.......... rudder" instead of "Rudder Midships" bug is STILL with us. What is more, it is carried over to both GWX and official SH4 German speechpacks!!!!
For now, I will put the US speech back into its place in the "Sound" folder, and use JSGME to enable the GWX pack as required.

Old 03-02-08, 04:32 PM   #12
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

The GWX 2.0 speechpack can be partially corrected with a file compiled by Prologos- see http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=131792&page=2 This irons out some of the US voices in the speechpack- to use this, activate with JSGME after activating the German speechpack you are using. As time goes by no doubt all the US voices will be removed in a similar manner.

Old 03-02-08, 06:59 PM   #13
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
LOL I can't help but laugh... For once I ask a question about something, and I get rolly eyes smileys.

Yet each and every time I log on I am in "customer service mode" for everybody else who asks questions.

Perhaps in future I'll post a few rolly eye smileys whenever somebody needs help with something.

I believe that RDP's exaspiration stems from the fact that this question has been asked and answered repeatedly across three different forums. Even browsing without using the search feature would have yielded the answer.

Come on. You're not new here.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 08:47 PM   #14
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

:hmm: I seem to remember getting a warning of a mod for using those rolling eye smileys
In the same circumstances

Meh

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-08, 08:53 PM   #15
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

He, he, just saw the above Dam those rolling eyes All the rolling eyes were for was to refer to the link, honest They were not out of frustration, or anything of the sort, just to help out.

Check any of my posts using the eyes and you will see this.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote