SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-15, 07:49 AM   #1
Longknife
A-ganger

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0
Default Mother of all convoys

I had an interesting sighting last night.
I was on my 3rd war patrol in the South China Sea & had not seen a SINGLE ship when the deck watch announced smoke on the horizon. I came upon the convoy at a 90deg angle to its line of movement & stretched as far as I could see from port to starboard were ships. There was a good haze in the just after dawn hour limiting my visibility but I counted 24 separate plumes of smoke.

Going to flank & starting to bore in I realized as was actually towards the end of the convoy. The ships were sailing 2 by 2 with each class in rank. Large tankers & passenger ships were at the starboard limit of my visibility & they got progressively smaller as they ranged to port where some large fishing vessels were bringing up the rear.

Unfortunately I had a CTD when flipping through the RM & it didnt even occur to me to snap some screenies until after the CTD but have y'all seen anything like this? I am using RSRD & based on zero sightings in weeks & then this massive gaggle (no telling how big it really was) lined up largest to smallest makes me think it is some kind of bug.
Longknife is offline   Reply With Quote