SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-18, 01:02 AM   #1
Flaskegaard
Medic

Downloads: 847
Uploads: 0
Default Historicly accurate AI ASW capabilities...

Greetings,
I am wondering if there is a way to set the AI ASW capabilities based on historically accurate Japanese ASW abilities. I have found some mods make the Japanese ASW abilities nearly super human in the game, while others seem to indicate the AI sonar operators are either asleep, or deaf....or so it seems. Just curious if there is a way to adjust the AI ASW capabilities to as near the realistic capabilities the Japanese used during the war....i.e, In one instance, I was headed home with empty tubes. I came face to face with a large convoy that I couldn't avoid....I went deep...350 feet...I passed under a thermal cold layer at 150 feet...I gave the lead destroyer a 0 AOB, and rigged for silent running, and went to all stop, just before it reached me...I thought there is no way they will detect me....Suddenly, the lead destroyer started pinging me furiously, and started dropping depth charges! In another example, I was at periscope depth, and just sank a freighter in a convoy. A searching destroyer passed in front of me at 1500 yards, doing 28 knots. I was going to slowly go down to 200 feet at 1/3rd for a reload, when suddenly, the destroyer made a hard left u-turn and passed right over me as I was only at 100 feet....I thought I was a goner!...but no! the destroyer was just circling back, and had not detected me at all! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.....

Last edited by Flaskegaard; 04-17-18 at 02:57 PM.
Flaskegaard is offline   Reply With Quote