SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-10, 10:57 AM   #121
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
actually there are dials made in the files - I saw them in the interior files. Dials can be defined in the dials.cfg file and also via 'code' in the .sim, .val, etc. files. I remember seeing dials code for the hydrophone station. The real problem with the sonar is probably because they defined the dial in code to be 0, 360 instead of -180, 180 like in the dials.cfg file (just a hunch). If that's not it then the position of the dial was set incorrectly in the 'code' and just needs to be set to the correct value (pitch, yaw, and/or roll value). Flipping the dial would work but that's not the best way to fix the problem. The problem needs to be fixed at the source of it. I'll have to look over that when I get home. Actually I think I made a backup copy of patch 1.2 on my home server. I'll check my home server to see if I did. Give me a few (I'm out on a jobsite currently - new hospital startup).

EDIT:

just realized my company laptop doesn't have SH5 installed on it and thus don't have access to Goblin editor to find the ID for the sonar station. I'll have to look at this when I get home.
Cheers TDW, although I couldn't see a vlaue for it in the Uboat_sensors.sim where all the dials values seem to be set although there were values for Bearingmin=0 bearingmax=170 and elevationmin=0 elevationmax=360
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 09:44 PM   #122
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi Bigreg, just noticed this while testing my Soundman orders that I'm currently Implementing.
(Something you possibly can fix - given your love for needles )

First if we go the Hydrophone and rotate the needle to 0 degrees you'll notice the Bearing in the hydrophone notepad reads 180 degrees.
( A difference of 180 Degrees).

Now using it in game:
Using the Nearest Sound Contact or Follow Nearest Sound contact commands in my officer orders. The soundman notified me a sound contact at 041 degrees. I rotate the needle to 041 degrees (No Sound there), I continue to rotate to approx 220 degrees (Guess what we got a sound here).
Also The note pad is reading 042 degrees at the point I'm getting the loudest sound return. (So the Notepad and the Soundmans report in the message log both are saying +/-040 degrees (Perfect).
But the needle is reading approx 220 degrees, so the needle is placed on the hydrophone 180 degrees of centre .
I have no problems with the hydrophone. This has to be a mod created problem. Here is a screenshot showing a contact bearing ~ 42 degrees. I order sonarman to follow it. He calls out bearings that are spot on. I check the hydrophone station and needle is at ~42 and the white box in top left shows correct bearing:

You're trying to fix a problem by introducing a counter-problem by flipping the needle. You need to figure out the source of the problem and correct it there. I don't use any environment mods or anything like them or any interior mods. I use basic - my UIs, IRAI, shadow mod, and BRF.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-10, 07:59 PM   #123
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Thanks, will give it a try.
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
TopcatWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 01:51 PM   #124
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi

I give you some stuff I do or find, during my long absence ...
So my goal was in a completely redo the room radar / sonar.
I then begin to edit the file QR1.gr2 to replace existing textures, result a dozen extra texture and a lot of work to find point by point texture coordinates for each object (vinyl, radio, enigma, lamp, radar, everything!)
(What do TheDarkWraith editor today in one click )
Well, the problem is that even by adding textures, I have some replicas of objects (same texture: door / enigma / radar ...)
No problems ... I will find a solution! Hum!
After many attempts with. Sim, I thought why not use the system of the skin Uboat !
For this I recreated new textures with the suffix (_coating01) for that I edit the file Uboatsensor.sim.
Back to see the result in goblin, Hum! nothing! I run the game ..
Miracle, but it works only on certain items?
What is already a lot!
I tried with the navigation map and it works just for that in the control room (which can be nice: a task,, a place,a camouflage, a map)
On this I even tried to reorganize the coating, much like TheBeast made ,with the same result, error when selecting or impossible to change,
I tried everything. but, seeing there was a problem with loading the datas? obliged to loading several times to make it work!
Here for now it is on standby, awaiting tool (TheDarkWraith editor ) to present a proper mod
In the meantime I will finish the TDC dials in coning tower with the help of Reaper7

If someone needs help or information on what i find, do not hesitate to ask.

BigReg/BigRegOne

"Aging is a disease like any other. proof: you might die."

Proverbe Shadock
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 04:31 PM   #125
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Any luck getting the electric engine dials working on the VIIA .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 04:39 PM   #126
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi Sober

Yes,is possible,is two way for that :

1 - add them as .DAT (TheBeast know how better as me )

2 - other using the VIIb/c room as a "shell" : import the all meshes from VIIa into the VIIb/c.GR2 and rename it

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
Old 10-22-12, 05:26 PM   #127
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi Sober

Yes,is possible,is two way for that :

1 - add them as .DAT (TheBeast know how better as me )

2 - other using the VIIb/c room as a "shell" : import the all meshes from VIIa into the VIIb/c.GR2 and rename it
Why i ask is because i can hide these gauges with TDW options

#;+++++++++++++ SH5 specific UI Items +++++++++++++++
#; integrate the fuel, battery, compressed air, and CO2 interface into the bottom bar
#; change below to either True or False
IntegrateLevels = False

This would mean i have to walk thru submarine to check fuel , batteries , CO2 , Air .

Only if all gauges are working
Immersion 100%
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-12, 12:22 PM   #128
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Why i ask is because i can hide these gauges with TDW options

#;+++++++++++++ SH5 specific UI Items +++++++++++++++
#; integrate the fuel, battery, compressed air, and CO2 interface into the bottom bar
#; change below to either True or False
IntegrateLevels = False

This would mean i have to walk thru submarine to check fuel , batteries , CO2 , Air .

Only if all gauges are working
Immersion 100%

I don't know if this means anything, but I'm using WoGaDi plus the Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior mods without Steel Viking's Interior mod. My electric gauges are working in my type "B" boat. I haven't had the opportunity to try them in the "A" type yet. My thinking is that if the mod was created for the "C" type and they are working in the "B", maybe...
Anyway, I know that you have listed the Fuel Gauges mod on your mods list already. Have you tried placing WoGaDi with it? It's a stretch but I was just curious.
D40
Old 10-23-12, 12:50 PM   #129
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Hi

Type b/c/c41 use the same rear electric motors /torpedo room ,only the VIIa use an other ... and in this one the needles are not present (no meshes/bones) ...

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
Old 10-23-12, 01:08 PM   #130
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi

Type b/c/c41 use the same rear electric motors /torpedo room ,only the VIIa use an other ... and in this one the needles are not present (no meshes/bones) ...

OH! Yes that's true as I remember that the entire rear of the compartment is changed. Ok. Well that takes care of that theory.
Thanks BR.
D40
Old 03-31-13, 03:47 PM   #131
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136

Mod installed and THANKS !

Can you please just tell me where can I see those gauge on the sub ?

I can't find them

The others yes, but not that ones who are nice to see.
Old 03-31-13, 11:58 PM   #132
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 2

Those gauges are in the very back room above the big green tank(Bold launcher), but they don't move in the VIIA.
V13dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 03:08 AM   #133
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhus View Post
Mod installed and THANKS !

Can you please just tell me where can I see those gauge on the sub ?

I can't find them

The others yes, but not that ones who are nice to see.
Hi Cthulhus
These gauges should be at the very back of the boat next to the back torpedo tube. You'll find the gunner checking them out. I'm sure they are the same as the VII b.
Old 04-01-13, 04:06 PM   #134
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Hi Cthulhus
These gauges should be at the very back of the boat next to the back torpedo tube. You'll find the gunner checking them out. I'm sure they are the same as the VII b.
That's it ! Thanks!

Tags
favorite