SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-10, 02:21 PM   #361
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
The problem is that a lot of people feel comfortable with the Notepad (or, better said, don't know how to use the AOBF)
And a lot more do not and prefer the KIUB everywhere

Quote:
Plus, in the game, the Obs Scope and the Attack Scope are exactly the same with no penalty for the bigger wake
Yeah, but you can give them different light characteristics, as I did in my optics mod.

Quote:
And surface attacks are quite rare.
Not in early war

Quote:
And unlike in SH3, the UZO doesn't have a stabilizer
Which is quite realistic after all, and in any case the UZO has nothing but a crosshair as it is intended to be just a sight like transmitter.

Quote:
Sorry, had to tell someone
Congrats for your progress, really looks like fun stuff But beware, if you convert your hobby in your job, you lose the hobby

Quote:
So Hitman and the rest of you guys, don't wait for silly permissions from me, go ahead, mod the rest of the screens
Will do somewhen. Need to break down everything and understand it correctly before. Thanks for leaving notes here and there

Quote:
you now also have the SH5 Menu Editor
Does it work with SH4? I don't have Sh5, so I can't use it anyway.
Old 04-14-10, 11:32 AM   #362
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Congrats for your progress, really looks like fun stuff But beware, if you convert your hobby in your job, you lose the hobby
Well, it's fun when you do it in a warm closed pool. And it's more of a job that slowly turned into a hobby. I decided a few years ago that I don't want to spend 8 hours a day in a cubicle for a tenth of the money. I was quite reluctant at first and I actually started playing SH because ship sims are crappy. Thank god the game is fun because as far as naval simulators go, SH is worse than a paper/pen Battleships.

Quote:
Will do somewhen. Need to break down everything and understand it correctly before. Thanks for leaving notes here and there
Does it work with SH4? I don't have Sh5, so I can't use it anyway.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163118

Both SH4 and SH5 have exactly the same method of placing and defining objects. However, pages are saved in different files. But it still beats my Excel tables and writing everything in Notepad You might say that SH5 is worth every penny for a SH4 interface modder.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 11:03 AM   #363
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341
Default Hum...

Hello Karamazov...

It`s me again... me and my problem the same, almost same

Have a look on this screenshot. IXD2, lovely, pretty, shiny... and

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 01:02 PM   #364
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Maybe Lurker is messing around with the tube settings. Or they differ from one type of IX to another. No idea. It was also fine the first time, I did them after the objects in the game. Anyway, trust the bulbs not the dial. The selector plate is easy to fix in photoshop (it's one of the TGA files, I can't remember which). That file only has the plates for Type VII and Type IX. My crappy laptop can't handle it or the game so I can't fix it
Old 05-17-10, 06:19 PM   #365
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Both SH4 and SH5 have exactly the same method of placing and defining objects. However, pages are saved in different files. But it still beats my Excel tables and writing everything in Notepad You might say that SH5 is worth every penny for a SH4 interface modder.
Hi Karamazovnew, just popped over from the SH5 Forum to say thanks again for the insperation and use of yor KiUB Mod in creating my own version.

Just a few screenies to show how its progressing:

Also a request as well: would it be ok to re-work your tutorials for the RAOBF and attack disc that you did for KiUB for inclusion with my mod.

Thanks karamazovnew.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 06:30 PM   #366
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Maybe Lurker is messing around with the tube settings.
Lurker hasn't changed anything.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 10:21 AM   #367
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

@Karamazov and Lurker...

Okay, thanks a lot...

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 02:29 PM   #368
karamazovnew
The Old Man

@Reaper7: go ahead, take anything you need Btw, your interface is amazing, almost makes me enjoy SH5

@lurker_hlb3 and col_Kurtz: to be honest, I never use the salvo settings . It's possible that the salvo settings differ from one subtype to another. Lurker, maybe you can check that out, I have no idea where to look. I remember seeing something somewhere in those files. Plus, I don't have the game on this laptop
Old 06-11-10, 06:31 PM   #369
GhengasCon
Swabbie

Downloads: 238
Default Help!

I hope that I am posting at the correct place..here goes...
I have installed Lurkers' graphics mod that includes your AOB finder on the periscope view. My problem is that I cannot get the right side button that lowers the AOB wheels to work. I have tried a complete fresh install of SHIV, patched and modded as recommended. Have you heard of this problem before? All other aspects of the game seem to work fine. i am only attempting to play the U-boat missions. Mods are installed with JGSME in the following order:
OM V 705
OM V705 to 720
OM V720 patch 4
OMEGU V 300
OMEGU V300 patch 6
I have enjoyed using the AOB wheels on the periscope in SHIII for sometime and would love to use them here as well. Any suggestions??
GhengasCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 05:54 PM   #370
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

If you on auto targeting then the wheel will not come down.
In the gameplay options you must choose manual targeting.
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-10, 09:23 PM   #371
Royale-Adio
Officer

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 5

Would be nice if you could make an interface like that for the american side!
Old 06-23-10, 12:33 PM   #372
karamazovnew
The Old Man

@GhengasCon, as Dani said...sorry for the very late response. There is no way to make the AOBF appear when using Automatic Targeting.

@Royale... I've never played much in the American Campaign mainly because of the PK. I hate using it, particularly when attacking convoys. But it's so hard-coded that it's impossible to improve on it more than current mods already have done. On the bright side, the PK is much more functional than the default german notepad (due to the speed reset thing).
Old 06-23-10, 07:39 PM   #373
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

After reading tutorial it seems to me that manual targeting with this interface is harder than with OLC GUI in SH3. Am I right?
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 08:24 PM   #374
Royale-Adio
Officer

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 5

Oh yes, a lot harder but so much more realistic. I'm still learning how to use it ATM and I have to admit, the complexity of it still confuses me!
Old 06-24-10, 07:09 AM   #375
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Does any video tutorial exist showing targeting technique used in Karamazov's mod?
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote