SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-09, 12:17 AM   #1
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default Russian missiles in Fleet Command

Hi, just recently reinstalled Fleet Command. This time not the Jane's version. I used the one from Naval Combat Pack. And I want to use it vanilla because there are a few missions I like there that present a good challenge.

The Problem:

In this version(NCP), I can't get a Slava or Sovremenny to fire their anti-ship missiles at me. They even have a Helix airborne, that I target with radar and fire SM-2's at. You would think they would datalink my position and fire at me. In the Jane's unpatched version, they throw everything at you including the sink in the galley. Apparently there's nothing I can do to get these Russian ships with their deadly payloads to unload on me. I even played on the Russian side and couldn't fire these missiles. What is it in this version that prevents it? Can any other FC player please confirm this? I've tried 2 seperate installs, and went back to the Jane's version as a test. The unpatched Janes version works. What's up wit dat?
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 11:10 PM   #2
CapitanPiluso
Forum Captain

Downloads: 22

I have NCP Fleet Command, but with NWS mod installed it's impossible for me to try the mission you are playing
I would create a mission with a Slava and then check for the issue you are reporting.

BTW, which mission are you playing??

My DW pics :https://goo.gl/photos/5gBN7WFntLBSAsc17

My SSM2007 pics :https://goo.gl/photos/1Fa6GaEom28AZuc57
CapitanPiluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 05:12 PM   #3
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

The scenario I noticed this problem was the "Red Sea Chokepoint" mission. There was both a Slava and Sovremenny here. And neither would fire anythig at me despite me radiating and launching many weapons. These ships weren't very far over the horizon and they hadve air asets that should be able to target me. In the unpatched Janes version, they begin launching anti-ship weapons at you very fast. In NCP...nothing.

I also put together 2 test scenarios of my own with both versions. The quick low down is that the patched up NCP Fleet Command doesn't seem to allow the Russians to use their anti-ship missiles whether you control them or not. For users who do not know about NWS, and strictly stick with vanilla, this can make the Russian ships useless. I'm surprised nobody else who has played NCP FC has never seen this behavior.
Old 04-17-09, 06:50 PM   #4
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

So, nobody else is having this problem with stock NCP-FC??? Anybody else try using Russian missiles in plain NCP-FC?
Old 05-21-09, 03:47 AM   #5
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

This occurs when you place the executables (FC V1.34 or 1.38) in the folder of Fleet Command.

These executables unlock many options in the game (like direct commands on submarines and sensor display), but produce these problems in the stock database.

Not only the Slava and the Sovremenny, but others also, are having the problem with the SSM launchers.

You must either re-install FC (if you want to play the stock), or install the NWP version to play with the added features of the new executables.

(And a LOT other units, also)
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 09:16 PM   #6
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon View Post
Hi, just recently reinstalled Fleet Command. This time not the Jane's version. I used the one from Naval Combat Pack. And I want to use it vanilla because there are a few missions I like there that present a good challenge.

The Problem:

In this version(NCP), I can't get a Slava or Sovremenny to fire their anti-ship missiles at me. They even have a Helix airborne, that I target with radar and fire SM-2's at. You would think they would datalink my position and fire at me. In the Jane's unpatched version, they throw everything at you including the sink in the galley. Apparently there's nothing I can do to get these Russian ships with their deadly payloads to unload on me. I even played on the Russian side and couldn't fire these missiles. What is it in this version that prevents it? Can any other FC player please confirm this? I've tried 2 seperate installs, and went back to the Jane's version as a test. The unpatched Janes version works. What's up wit dat?
Quote:
So, nobody else is having this problem with stock NCP-FC??? Anybody else try using Russian missiles in plain NCP-FC?

Sea Demon

The reason why the SS-N-12 Sandbox & SS-N-22 Sunburn won't fire is because of the Firing Core Half Angle is at 30'. The only way to make them fire all of the time, would be to edited the db files, which I wouldn't recommend, because it will be a lot of work.

I would recommend you getting the NWP19.01 mod, this will fix these problems and a lot of others too.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP

Last edited by Fleet Command CC; 05-21-09 at 10:40 PM.
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 10:18 PM   #7
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Thanks for the replys all. I've given up due to lack of interest in this topic. But I'm glad to come back to this forum and see this. If this is due to the executables V1.34 and V1.38, then these broke the game somewhere. That kind of stinks. On the NCP version, I'm wondering if there's a way to simply get the original executable or bypass the V1.38 that comes in the game.

And yes Fleet Command CC, I'm aware of the wonderful work done by the people of NWP. They have done amazing things with the game. There are just a few scenarios in the original game that I like and don't really have the time to replicate them. But they are pretty boring in NCP stock FC as nobody will fire anything at me.
Old 06-06-09, 12:23 AM   #8
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
And yes Fleet Command CC, I'm aware of the wonderful work done by the people of NWP. They have done amazing things with the game. There are just a few scenarios in the original game that I like and don't really have the time to replicate them. But they are pretty boring in NCP stock FC as nobody will fire anything at me.
If you would like me to explain how to fix the problem with Slava and Sovremenny anti-ship missiles let me know.

Can I ask what OS your using XP or Vista or Window 7 Beta?

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Old 06-08-09, 03:57 PM   #9
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet Command CC View Post
If you would like me to explain how to fix the problem with Slava and Sovremenny anti-ship missiles let me know.

Can I ask what OS your using XP or Vista or Window 7 Beta?
Wow. That's a very nice offer Fleet Command CC. I'd appreciate it. I'm using Windows XP right now.
Old 06-08-09, 06:53 PM   #10
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Wow. That's a very nice offer Fleet Command CC. I'd appreciate it. I'm using Windows XP right now.
No probs,

That's great your using XP, because Vista can be a bit of a pain in the back side went editing the db files.

I will post a thread on how to fix the anti-ship missile launchers.