SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-08, 05:47 AM   #1
smack
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Delta IV Class Nuclear Submarine

Ok, I read over almost all the pages of this forum and other than a link to "subguru" which gives you like 2 downloads for Sub Command, I wanted to ask, how do you make Delta IV playable? Or any other sub for that matter? I really like the Delta, but I don't know how to make it playable. Any help is apreciated!

And btw the game would have been much cooler if they had all the submarines playable but use the default screens from the Akula/Seawolf/Los Angles Class onto the plannels on different classes subs. It gets boring controlling 3 subs, if you have more options the game would be superb!

Anyway, if anyone knows how to make a sub playable (Delta IV or some other class), please help!
smack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 10:00 AM   #2
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Clive Bradbury did it long ago (As well as the Ohio, the Benjamin Franklin and the Oscar II), but I have no idea if his mod can still be found somewhere. I have it in my HDD, so if you get no links I can upload it somewhere for you.
Old 12-01-08, 01:03 PM   #3
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2

You have to Install the SCU (Sub Changer utility) That is available on the subguru site. Once installed you click on it and a bunch of other subs become available and you select the one you want. The interiors will either be the seawolf,688 or Akula, but the exteriors are pretty cool. I think the SCU comes in a program listed as SCX, so install that one.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 11:18 AM   #4
smack
Watch

Well folks, I did everything, I installed SCX and SCU but i can only control 3 more submarines and no Delta IV, I CAN'T even control the Delta III lol. So my next qs is how after this is all done (installation of the packages) how do I proceed to make them playable, because I get a few more subs and thats it, I cant play with most that were on that list of SCU. So what do would you recommend I do next?

Thank you for spending time helping me, I am not a pro at files and patch installation since I am satisfied with the games I have, but this game seems to need a little pathing to make it better
Old 12-02-08, 11:28 AM   #5
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2

You and me both. I am no computer genuis either. But SCX should have been a staight shot in load up and has a lot of different boats to choose from. I am not sure on this one but i think i had to patch the latest revision for Sub Command. I think I got that from the EA website, that might be the problem. If you are not patched yet you need to un-install SCX then patch then re-install and see if that works.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 12:18 PM   #6
smack
Watch

Well I reinstalled it, but then it says to click on a file opener in the Graphics Folder and I did, and says on every file that is extracting that it cant open the file... I did everything and the installation went smooth and then I read the Read Me and said to go to the Graphics Folder and click on a file that would extract the graphics, there is tje problem I think;

An example:

Compressing....................... Can't open file.............. Kilo

Something like that, so if it can't load the graphics I suppose this is the problem, anything else I can do to try and fix this problem?

Last edited by smack; 12-02-08 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-03-08, 03:26 PM   #7
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

Here you are, smack, I put it on rapidshare for you:

http://rapidshare.de/files/41057421/...V_Mod.rar.html

The mod does not use SCU - so please read the instructions.
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 03:55 PM   #8
smack
Watch

Thank you so much!

I need to fix the graphics extraction problem next and should be all set. You made my problem a lot easier!

EDIT:

And btw it worked like a charm! Just activated the mod and it was playable, simply fantastic! Again, thank you so much!

Unfortunately the Playable Ohio SSBN mod isn't working as the Delta mod is. I can't be able to make the Ohio Playable, I did the same as the Delta Mod, and it says Don't select Batch 1 but the only Ohio SSBN witch is where the Michigan class is, is in Batch 1. So I am not sure what that is about. Still a few bugs to fix, but if anybody has an idea on how to fix these problems I would appreciate it.

Thank you for the help so far guys, seems problem after problem is solved. Still have a few to solve though.

Last edited by smack; 12-03-08 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-04-08, 12:30 PM   #9
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

Hi smack. I have just checked my playable ohio and it seems ok. In the mission editor, select 'ohio ssbn', and the Michigan should be the last one in that list (it is actually the 688i renamed, so all the other platform names are for 668i vessels), so you might have missed it.

Check it again and let me know if you have any more problems.
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:55 AM   #10
smack
Watch

Hey, well I have SSN Los Angles Class, Seawolf, Ohio SSBN Batch 1, a few other types and Ohio SSBN Batch 2 (the Michigan is in Batch 1) And at the very end SSBN Benjamin Franklin which is huge! But in the installation Read Me file it says not from Batch 1, but the only michigan which has SSBN Ohio on it is in Batch 1. So I have no idea. There is no SSBN Ohio Only. Mayb I installed it wrong? I did everything the way it was supposed to be done but this problem is the weirdest so far.
Old 12-25-08, 02:01 PM   #11
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

How did you find that delta IV i never managed to install it.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 03:58 PM   #12
U-HAI
Watch

Downloads: 6
Default the Delta

Hello
could someone reload the delta files. it was delted at the above link