SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-10, 01:20 PM   #1
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0
Default SC and Win7?

Is there any chance that SC can work under win7???

I have installed it but it never starts when clicking the icon.....

Perhaps a far too old software.....

/Gozo

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 02:02 PM   #2
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Anyone?????

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 04:38 PM   #3
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

It should. I have Win 7 64bit. I made sure it didn't get installed into the default path (C:\Program Files\...) or you'd have to acknowledge UAC warning every time you want to mod with the subexchanger utility, or even add mission files into the scenario directory. Vista and Windows 7 is picky about what happends there.

Is the CD in the drive? That helped on my end. But I swear I could play it without the cd before.
Old 06-22-10, 06:23 PM   #4
Malefactor
Loader

Downloads: 7

I have SC installed and working with Win 7 32bit,but with a few minor problems.

1. The Options screen takes a short while to load after clicking it,5 seconds or more.
  2. While in the Options screen,the game minimises to the taskbar when the Speech Recognition Wizard pops up.Will occur repeatedly if you close the wizard while in Options screen,so I leave the wizard open,and cancel when I'm done with Options.
  3. An annoying occasional screen flicker,which is most likely a driver-related problem.I'm still trying to find the right drivers.
  4. I've had the sound effects and music just stop working for no reason I can determine.A reinstall fixes the problem for me.

Last edited by Malefactor; 06-23-10 at 03:21 PM.
Malefactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 02:55 AM   #5
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

I must admit I've had those issues aswel. But after I chose the graphics card and proper maximum resolution in the options/3d screen the flicker went away.
Old 06-27-10, 02:28 PM   #6
Malefactor
Loader

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
But after I chose the graphics card and proper maximum resolution in the options/3d screen the flicker went away.
I'm happy to hear that worked for you. It has has not made any difference for me whatsoever.

After uninstalling/reinstalling SC to get my sound effects and music back 5 days ago,as of last night, it has stopped working yet again .

I'm now deciding whether playing SC is worth the aggravation of doing this every 4-5 days.
Old 03-25-11, 02:58 PM   #7
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393
STRANGE????????

Well i have the same problem that you have with SC, lots of flickering, sound studer,things dont work, i have try everything and nothing seems to work, and that goes for FLEET COMMAND as well same thing, i have a windows 7 64 bit, an Nvidea Gforce GT 220 video card, but nothing, nada, but the strange thing is that some owner of the same system seems to get the game to work, now how is that possible? are they doing something we dont know about? or is just our luck to not be able to play the game? is it fate or worst? well i think its sucks, cause the game is my favor and not being able to play is very deppressing, so what is to be done? i hope you mates can help us play this awsome game.
with all that say, lets pray that someone come up with a solution and fast before we hit bottom or worse.
ANY SUGESTION OR FIX FOR THIS ARE VERRRRRRYYYYYY WELCOME.
AHOY MATES.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 06:27 PM   #8
Hellio
Nub

Downloads: 4

The only way for me to stop the screen flickering in SC under W7 is running the game in a window (desktop at 16 bit, -windowed parameter). Running in a window only worked after I start using ATI Radeon 11.3 drivers.

I didn´t have any issues with sound.
Hellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 09:55 AM   #9
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33

This is why I hate when Microsoft releases a new OS. Many of the games and applications I enjoy can no longer be used or there are problems using them. I wish Microsoft would at least allow the user to choose which OS they wish to use rather than force everyone into one single pipeline. Or at the very least, ensure better compatibility with XP based software prior to release.

I haven't even tried to put SCS games on my new system yet. Very little time for games lately. If these errors on these games continue, I hope SCS will help their community make these games work on Win7 better. They did so for XP.
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 05:00 AM   #10
torpedo_guy
Nub

Downloads: 6
Default Win 7

I have SC installed on 2 Win 7 PC's, one 32 bit and the other 64 bit, runs fine on bothe versions with no special mods.
torpedo_guy is offline   Reply With Quote