SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-11, 03:29 PM   #1
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0
Default Urgent:: Fleet Command Missions???

Ok mates im in a tide spot here, i got the game to work, but some of the missions some how dont work fine, it ether crash or lock the game, i use the new Fleet Command installer for the game, since i cant install from the original cd, see using win 7, i then use the updated missions files ver:1.00 and the 1.38 patch, but the game keeps crashing and lock up in cenrtain missions, so i need the original missions files and the campaing files since like i say, i cant install the game from the main app or any other way, so i need the files to test the game with those files and see if it works correctly.
ANYONE THAT CAN SEND ME THE FILES, AS A ZIP FILES
OR THERE IS A PLACE WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM.
( by any chances when i install the game with the Fleet command installer, does it install the original missions and campaing files or it replace them with the 1.00 version files??)
ignorance at is best here.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 01:06 AM   #2
elephantium
Bosun

Downloads: 0

I've had the game crash on me sometimes, too. I'm running Windows XP, though, not W7. "Liberating Liberia" and I think "Trouble in the Fjord" (4-star Norwegian one) are especially problematic.

I'm running the SCS version of FC (the box says copyright 2010 Strategy First) ... I *think* it has the patches already applied, but I'm not really sure.
elephantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 01:37 PM   #3
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Hum, thats odd, i never had a problem running the game before, but i had win 98 second edition and my game never lock nor had any problem what so ever with the game, i have the janes original copy of the game, i remember playing it in XP, and i never encounter any issue, but i only play the game have way in Xp, have you try to run it in win 98?. i dont have a copy of the other game, i have hear about it, and i cant get a copy you see i live in Puerto Rico and we dont get games like this anymore and is very hard to find them unless you by from internet wich i dont do.
so never try that game and i only found out about just a few weeks ago that another game of fleet command exist, i wich i can get a copy of it.
anyway your game runs ok, i mean, im running mine in win 7 and it runs ok, except the lock up every once in a while, but it works ok, something i couldnt do in the past, with win 7 until i install a few things to make it run better. if you need any help let me know.
are your missions original or are they different from the original janes fleet command? maybe you can send me a copy of your missions and campaing missions so i can try with the original game, let me know what you think.
Old 03-29-11, 07:56 PM   #4
elephantium
Bosun

I haven't had a copy of Win 98 installed in years. Last time I tried to install it (original, not SE ... bought that computer just a little too early!), I couldn't actually get it in working order for Internet use ... Windows Update didn't support IE 4 anymore, and I needed some component in a more recent version of IE in order for Firefox to work (some OS-level network library).

As for the missions, I'm assuming they're pretty much the same between the two versions. I've gotten stuck in a few places and gone looking for hints, and what I've found online matches up pretty well with what I see in-game.
Old 03-30-11, 08:50 AM   #5
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorjj84 View Post
Ok mates im in a tide spot here, i got the game to work, but some of the missions some how dont work fine, it ether crash or lock the game, i use the new Fleet Command installer for the game, since i cant install from the original cd, see using win 7, i then use the updated missions files ver:1.00 and the 1.38 patch, but the game keeps crashing and lock up in cenrtain missions, so i need the original missions files and the campaing files since like i say, i cant install the game from the main app or any other way, so i need the files to test the game with those files and see if it works correctly.
ANYONE THAT CAN SEND ME THE FILES, AS A ZIP FILES
OR THERE IS A PLACE WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM.
( by any chances when i install the game with the Fleet command installer, does it install the original missions and campaing files or it replace them with the 1.00 version files??)
ignorance at is best here.
Hello juniorjj84.

You only need to use the FleetCommandInstaller.exe, that is where your problems are coming from.

Here is the fix for you.

Uninstall Jane's Fleet Command, then delete the Jane's Combat Simulations folder this is very important to do!

Then use a program like CCleaner to clean the Registry, and then re-install Fleet Command using just the FleetCommandInstaller.exe.

I would also recommend installing the game outside the C:\Program Files\ folder.
For example something like C:\Games\ or whatever works for you.

This method works the best for people that don't want to change the UAC setting.

The other way is by changing the UAC setting to the lowest level, then re-start the computer, its does work but you can still have problems with the game. Uninstalling the mod & game is the best way to go in my opinion.

Uninstall the Fleet Command also delete the Jane's Combat Simulations folder. Next change the UAC setting restart the computer. Next re-install FC and then the game will work fine.

Any problems let me know.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 07:11 AM   #6
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Default Urgent:: Fleet Command Missions??

Ok Mate as soon as i get a chance i try that and lets hope that works, im missing one of the best sims there is, right now im working with a little campaing im making about libereting Vieques, dont know if you know much about Puerto Rico, thats where i live right now, but theres this little Island call Vieques wich was use by the USA Navy to practice there little warfare games, so im woking on mini campaing about liberating this island so if i need any help ill let you know and i let you test it.
as for now got to go lots of work ahead, i ll get in touch with you again.
Thanks for the tips, ill try it as soons as i can.
Later mate.
Old 04-03-11, 06:28 AM   #7
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Thanks for the tips FLEET COMMAND CC:
The game now runs much better but i notice something and that is that every now and then i get the flickering but i see the screen where everybody is on the bridge, thats very ODD, is the screen where you pick the missions, now why i keep seeing this image beats me, maybe i did something wrong or i miss something, i will keep cheking and see what happened, but i can play now.
Thanks Again.
Old 04-09-11, 07:30 AM   #8
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Ok Mate as soon as i get a chance i try that and lets hope that works, im missing one of the best sims there is, right now im working with a little campaing im making about libereting Vieques, dont know if you know much about Puerto Rico, thats where i live right now, but theres this little Island call Vieques wich was use by the USA Navy to practice there little warfare games, so im woking on mini campaing about liberating this island so if i need any help ill let you know and i let you test it.
Later mate.
No probs, I'm glad I could help, about the Puerto Rico heard of the place but don't know much about there.

Went you've finished your mission, let me know I would like to try it that would be cool.

Quote:
Thanks for the tips FLEET COMMAND CC:
The game now runs much better but i notice something and that is that every now and then i get the flickering but i see the screen where everybody is on the bridge, thats very ODD, is the screen where you pick the missions, now why i keep seeing this image beats me, maybe i did something wrong or i miss something, i will keep cheking and see what happened, but i can play now.
Thanks Again.
Cool niceone, yep I get the flickering everyone does on Vista\Window 7 there isn't much that you can do to stop that I'm sorry to say.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 05:46 PM   #9
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Ok fleet command cc im working on the missions but is gonna take a while, see im working on a campaing, but the problem is that i have to make it as a single missions since i dont know how to make it into a campaing as a whole, so we are gonna play it mission by mission, until we find someone to make it as a campaing, but as i progress thru the missions i will send them to you for testing, i just started to make the scrip and the conflic and everything that is going to be involved and i must say is gonna be big, i garanty you that, so lets keep our finger cross until then. if help needed i will ask you.
Old 04-10-11, 10:28 PM   #10
elephantium
Bosun

Quote:
Later mate.
Vieques? I've actually been there!

I visited the bio-luminescent bay while I was on vacation a couple of years ago. Nifty place.
Old 04-11-11, 07:45 AM   #11
juniorjj84
A-ganger

ahhh, so you been in vieques, nice little place, well then you know what im talking about, so we are gonna liberated that island and reclaim it back, so the mini campaing is base on that, most of it is thruth, so it will be interesting, it will take a while to make but im almost done with the prep for the senarios and actually they will be like missions cause i dont actually know how to integrate it as a campaing but im working on it, once i have everything done then we search for somebody to do that for us, i will keep you up today.