SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-10, 10:13 PM   #1
Juste_Milieu
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default Fixed the Missile Test Mission

OK, I figured this well known bug out but couldn't find any solution posted so here's mine - you have to have Doctrine Language enabled in order to identify the problem and edit the campaign mission but it comes down to this:

If you look at this mission in the mission editor then you will see that goals 13 and 14 are the ones relating to Observing the Missile Test. The end time for goal 14 (which is the easier mission if you weren't detected during the egress) is 11:30. If you look at the doctrine language for this mission it says that goal 14 can only be completed when both goals 5 and 15 have already been completed AND 2 minutes has passed since goal 15 was completed.

If the first missile the Udaloy fires does not hit the A300 then by the time the 2 minutes has passed since the Airbus was killed by a second missile the time has gone beyond 11:30 and the goal can't be completed.

So, change the end time to 11:32 or later and the mission completes. The same thing is probably true of goal 13 in this mission for the Seawolf and the equivalent mission goals in the 688i campaign.

Problem solved, the mission will now be completed successfully when you play the campaign.
Juste_Milieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 11:46 AM   #2
Eugene
A-ganger

Downloads: 226

Does this "known bug" still present after the final SC patch mean that for many owners of Sub Command, the campaign itself was unplayable? That the fix posted here or any other was never incorporated in any patch version and essentially ignored? Or does this flaw only occur in rare instances and so not a real concern to fix?

Regardless, thanks for posting this, Juste.
Old 03-16-10, 01:57 PM   #3
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

I have the fully patched version of Sub Command and the numbers for the "Time to complete" are totally different than the ones in your post. Are you sure that the patch doesn't eliminate this bug ?
Old 03-16-10, 03:45 PM   #4
Juste_Milieu
Swabbie

I'm using the naval combat pack which is patched to version 1.08 according to the splash screen when sub command is run, and there are complaints from other users on this forum who patched to 1.08 and still had the problem. Patch 1.05 was supposed to fix this bug.

I had wondered if this bug had made the campaign unplayable but it didn't, the goals that would not complete were non-critical ones so you could still advance to the next mission.

As to why the numbers are different, I have no idea! Are you sure you are looking at the correct mission and goals? What did the end time say for goal 14 in MissileTestSW.mc?
Old 03-16-10, 08:49 PM   #5
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Quote:
what did the end time say for goal 14 in missiletestsw.mc?
starttime 41100
endtime 41400
Old 03-17-10, 10:17 AM   #6
Juste_Milieu
Swabbie

Not sure I understand those numbers, is that how they appear when viewing the goal properties in the Mission Editor? Mine had the format:

Start Time 11:25:00
End Time 11:30:00

Or are you viewing them some other way?

Since the mission briefing states the missile fires at approx 11:28am and you need to observe for two minutes, those times make no sense especially given that the mission starts at 10:00am.

Here's the other thread where people were having problems and where a developer admits they knew there was a problem.

http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radio...ad.php?t=82267

There's at least one more thread on these forums about this problem and another over at the Sonalysts forums, but I am having problems finding the thread I found where someone from Sonalysts admitted that the problems with this mission were one of the reasons they introduced scripting for Dangerous Waters.
Old 03-17-10, 10:22 AM   #7
Juste_Milieu
Swabbie

Found it:

http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/p...6d4a7e12f89a8c

So there may have been a mod at some point that fixed this, but it doesn't appear to have been patch 1.05 and it was a problem.