SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How would you prefer?
All in a single mod (only 1 Big Mod) 42 52.50%
Just the way it is (in parts) 38 47.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-12, 02:03 AM   #541
nonpollolike
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

My review after 8 hours gameplay:

Using:

MMM 0.4 AIO
No magic skills 1.5 MMM 0.4

* CTD's are thing of the past. Long sessions with no CTD , now I can enter scapa etc. I can save mission and load witout CTD aswell , no need again the workaround of loading Autosave enter base mission before.

* finally I am enjoying SH5, still some issues with hydrophone but that's nothing to do with the mod

* I had to overwrite the tools files, Pedrobas I think you might want to have a look at this, I start always from a frsh install and carefully wiping all leftover files and always have that problem with the offset of the tools. Overwriting your MMM by adding equatoools ontop of it, problem solved.

* as it has been said, to recover the SOAN, I enabled it in options AND, as TDW said, deleted the page* dragabbles from main folder.

Definitely I recommend this pack for people in my situation. I bought SH5 two weeks ago and was about to give up because I had not the time to read all the tweaks you need to put all the mods together. I can guess the number of hours Pedro put into it for us, so my cumpliments. That would have been impossible without the work of the modders, so my cumpliments for them too.

nonpollolike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 02:07 AM   #542
eviljezza
Seaman

Downloads: 73

Ok I'm going to play vanilla sh5 and do the tutorial properly and not skip it by changing the notepad and see how I do then.
eviljezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 03:53 AM   #543
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonpollolike View Post
* I had to overwrite the tools files, Pedrobas I think you might want to have a look at this, I start always from a frsh install and carefully wiping all leftover files and always have that problem with the offset of the tools. Overwriting your MMM by adding equatoools ontop of it, problem solved.

Found the problem, with this, i messed up something when i removed Equipment upgrades from MMM p3. Fixed for next version.
If you want to fix it yourself so you donīt have to use the "EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style" mod is very simple:

1-Unenable the mods.

For MMM p3 Base Mod v0.4 and MMM AIO: go to data\menu\mousecurs and delete these 3 files:

-LineExt.dds
-ProtractorExt.dds
-SquareExt.dds

2-Enable the mods again, but donīt use "EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style" this time

Thatīs it.
Sorry for inconvenience.

Last edited by pedrobas; 03-11-12 at 04:11 AM.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 05:46 AM   #544
nonpollolike
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Found the problem, with this, i messed up something when i removed Equipment upgrades from MMM p3. Fixed for next version.
If you want to fix it yourself so you donīt have to use the "EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style" mod is very simple:

1-Unenable the mods.

For MMM p3 Base Mod v0.4 and MMM AIO: go to data\menu\mousecurs and delete these 3 files:

-LineExt.dds
-ProtractorExt.dds
-SquareExt.dds

2-Enable the mods again, but donīt use "EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style" this time

Thatīs it.
Sorry for inconvenience.
Thanks for checking and solution. i am enjoying now the sim a lot thanks to you.
nonpollolike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 05:56 AM   #545
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonpollolike View Post
Thanks for checking and solution. i am enjoying now the sim a lot thanks to you.
Me alegro!!
Old 03-11-12, 07:41 AM   #546
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Pedrobas, excellent work, I had the majority of the included mods running as seperate entities previously, the big advantage of using your mod is the big decrease in loading time.
One fault I have found though is on getting a celestial or dead reckoning fix from the nav. officer it is marked well of course on the map. Obviously I can take bearings from landmarks and move map position but when well out to sea I'm never confident of the reported position.
Any ideas?
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 07:52 AM   #547
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Trigger View Post
Pedrobas, excellent work, I had the majority of the included mods running as seperate entities previously, the big advantage of using your mod is the big decrease in loading time.
One fault I have found though is on getting a celestial or dead reckoning fix from the nav. officer it is marked well of course on the map. Obviously I can take bearings from landmarks and move map position but when well out to sea I'm never confident of the reported position.
Any ideas?
Regards,
H.T.
Sorry i donīt get what you mean. Can you explain better, please?
Old 03-11-12, 08:01 AM   #548
muhomor1971
Swabbie

Downloads: 175

I'm getting a weird bug when I activate p3 - tdw UI v0.3

Whenever I hit submerge the boat it warps me to the periscope and raises it to full, the same happens when I hit surface the ship. Kinda cool being on the deck at 100m underwater...but not all that effective.
muhomor1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 08:06 AM   #549
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Downloading v0.4. Your megamod si better nd better pedrobas. Thank you! Looking forward to part 6 full version of MTNS and ohII and then I will start my campaign.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 08:14 AM   #550
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

Certainly, when in navmap, I request celestial or dead reckoning position fix from the Nav Officer (using Real Navigation). The calculated result is placed on the Navmap but is in the wrong position. I know this because when leaving port i.e. Wilhelmshaven i get a fix and position shows outside of the harbour about 135 deg. starboard when I am in fact adjacent to the lighthouse. If you get my drift !
b.t.w. It's not a problem or complaint, I can live with it, just wondered if anyone else has similar issue.
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 08:20 AM   #551
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Trigger View Post
Certainly, when in navmap, I request celestial or dead reckoning position fix from the Nav Officer (using Real Navigation). The calculated result is placed on the Navmap but is in the wrong position. I know this because when leaving port i.e. Wilhelmshaven i get a fix and position shows outside of the harbour about 135 deg. starboard when I am in fact adjacent to the lighthouse. If you get my drift !
b.t.w. It's not a problem or complaint, I can live with it, just wondered if anyone else has similar issue.
Regards,
H.T.
Iīll check it, but i didnīt change anything in there.
Old 03-11-12, 08:27 AM   #552
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

There are default error setting built into the nav fixes within TDWs UI settings.
You can change these with the options editor.
They are in two parts - the first is Celest error - this is distance.
The second in DeadRec and is a % error from the last celest fix.
Old 03-11-12, 08:27 AM   #553
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhomor1971 View Post
I'm getting a weird bug when I activate p3 - tdw UI v0.3

Whenever I hit submerge the boat it warps me to the periscope and raises it to full, the same happens when I hit surface the ship. Kinda cool being on the deck at 100m underwater...but not all that effective.
You can configure that via the TDW options.
Old 03-11-12, 08:34 AM   #554
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviljezza View Post
Ok I have just MMM left and it crashed again when getting close to Kiel.
I get CTD when leaving Kiel, or on load up a second after the bunker screen appears. I get this if I use MMM 0.4 AIO or MMM in parts but only if I install 6.2.....if I use 6.1 all is well and very stable. I've even tried 6.2 and part 7 as was mentioned earlier in the thread, but the problem persists. This was also done on a fresh install of sh5, so.....I dunno!!

It's not a memory problem as I have 4gb video and 16gb ram.
Old 03-11-12, 08:43 AM   #555
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
I get CTD when leaving Kiel, or on load up a second after the bunker screen appears. I get this if I use MMM 0.4 AIO or MMM in parts but only if I install 6.2.....if I use 6.1 all is well and very stable. I've even tried 6.2 and part 7 as was mentioned earlier in the thread, but the problem persists. This was also done on a fresh install of sh5, so.....I dunno!!

It's not a memory problem as I have 4gb video and 16gb ram.
In MMM AIO i included p6.2 and even some more ships. In next release iīll do different, since AIO will be only till p6.1, p6.2 and p6.3 will be just smaller addons, not complete parts like now.