SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-10, 06:17 AM   #76
Snow Leopard
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Hallo,

1. In game, Iowa's secondary armament (5") can't fire to the aircraft - why???
2. Secondary battery ammo storage is far too small.
Real ammunition stowage per gun [for North Carolina (BB-55), South Dakota (BB-57) and Iowa (BB-61)]: 450 rounds (1000 rounds per single mounting).
http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_5-38_mk12.htm
3. Iowa's textures are (_i_)...
4. Main controling station screen should be on navigtion bridge level, not on the top of superstructure.

Regards,
SL
Snow Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 03:18 PM   #77
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
Hallo,

Real ammunition stowage per gun [for North Carolina (BB-55), South Dakota (BB-57) and Iowa (BB-61)]: 450 rounds (1000 rounds per single mounting).
4. Main controling station screen should be on navigtion bridge level, not on the top of superstructure.

Regards,
SL
I can't answer your questions because there are several versions of this ship available and I don't know which one you have. I don't have my version uploaded anywhere at this time.
I made a mistake in my UPC file and it would not work in Career Mode so jmardlin fixed it and released a version. I think he also added a new texture, or at least someone did. Then others also released versions of it. Since there were new versions available for download, I never fixed my version.
So unless someone uploaded my version somewhere it is not available anymore.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 04:28 PM   #78
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
Hallo,

Regards,
SL
The reason the 5 inch won`t fire at aircrafts is becouse in the game it`s not a aa gun. If you search through the files containing the 5"/38, you can change the ammo count. The main controlling station us put on top of the ship so you can have a good view. I hope this answers your questions.
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 08:46 AM   #79
Snow-Leopard
Watch

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle94 View Post
The reason the 5 inch won`t fire at aircrafts is becouse in the game it`s not a aa gun. If you search through the files containing the 5"/38, you can change the ammo count. The main controlling station us put on top of the ship so you can have a good view. I hope this answers your questions.
Yes, thank you.
Last question - what is a name of the file, that concerns about 5"/38 dual-purpose guns?
Snow-Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 09:37 AM   #80
Karle94
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Leopard View Post
Yes, thank you.
Last question - what is a name of the file, that concerns about 5"/38 dual-purpose guns?
It`s called guns_radars. Search in the Library/ShipParts.
Old 04-20-10, 12:36 PM   #81
Snow-Leopard
Watch

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle94 View Post
It`s called guns_radars. Search in the Library/ShipParts.
It is a DAT class file - how can I open and edit it?
Snow-Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-10, 01:01 PM   #82
Karle94
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Leopard View Post
It is a DAT class file - how can I open and edit it?
You need to open the sim file with S3D. Then find the node 50 wich is a wpn_Cannon, then open it and open ammo_storage and then change the number of shells of a specific type.
Old 04-26-10, 09:39 AM   #83
Bloomstomb
Shore leave

Downloads: 105

Wait a second here. Your saying you can actually command yamato?

As in , captain of the yamato?
Old 06-06-10, 05:44 PM   #84
M.Robinson
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

M.Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 09:38 PM   #85
pwrlvlonme
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14

OMG EPIC!!! nice job works perfectly i am unstopable!!!
pwrlvlonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 10:05 AM   #86
Strece
Nub

Downloads: 2

Hi, I hope its notbad to post a reply in this old thread. But I have a question about modifying the USS Iowa. The ship worsk great, but when I am on a journey and attack enemys, all the weapons on the side shot. But after some time there stop the fire. I think the ammunation is empty. My question is, is it possible to max the ammunation of the smaller side guns or is this an other problem? thx for any answers PS: I hope my english is not to bad.
Strece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 10:45 AM   #87
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strece View Post
Hi, I hope its notbad to post a reply in this old thread. But I have a question about modifying the USS Iowa. The ship worsk great, but when I am on a journey and attack enemys, all the weapons on the side shot. But after some time there stop the fire. I think the ammunation is empty. My question is, is it possible to max the ammunation of the smaller side guns or is this an other problem? thx for any answers PS: I hope my english is not to bad.

very possible

First you need to download S3D silent 3ditor and open the sim files located in the USSubParts folder.

There you will can edit the various guns and cannons.

Hope this helps

Oh and if you succeed de-activate and reactivate the mod in order to make it works
Marka Ragnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 11:23 AM   #88
Strece
Nub

Thanks that helped me. I have changed the ammu amount of the Deck_Gun_16Inch.sim in the mod folders, that worked in the game, but only for the big Gun which I can controll. But I cant find the file for the smaller guns on the side of the Iowa which I cant controll myself. In which sim file I can found this? greetings, Strece
Old 07-30-11, 02:26 PM   #89
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strece View Post
Thanks that helped me. I have changed the ammu amount of the Deck_Gun_16Inch.sim in the mod folders, that worked in the game, but only for the big Gun which I can controll. But I cant find the file for the smaller guns on the side of the Iowa which I cant controll myself. In which sim file I can found this? greetings, Strece
As stated earlier it depends which version you have. If they are not in the Library folder, then they will be listed in the submarine folder "USA_Iowa.eqp". Then go to the library and find the ShipParts and gunsradars.dat. (and .sim) for the gun that is used. There are three files guns_radars, guns_radars_02, and guns_radars_03, it will be in one of those. You may have to add the file you want to the mod by creating a "ShipParts" folders to the library and the file you want.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 08:07 AM   #90
Strece
Nub

Thank you, this was exactly what I wanted to know.
In the eqp file I found the turrets and change the ammu storage in the specific guns_radars sim files.