SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-14, 12:23 PM   #1
Rebel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0
Default TO ALL AND JIMBUNA

thank you Jim for the gwx game CURACAO single mission. Of all the games that I have played trying to perfect manual firing .it was the only games that allowed me to get far enough away from the convoy. I recently started playing a campaign and realize that all of my calculations were based on how I sore the merchants in my observation periscope and realize that if I were to survive a campaign to 1945. I would have to be able to fire my torpedoes at a greater distance to give me enough time to escape the inevitable destroyer response. I found through observation that the T3 torpedo ran out of gas at 5 min. 25 seconds that the T2 ran slower but went further. theT1 ran as fast as the T3 but left awake all the other two kinds of torpedoes turned after 3 min. so they were useless. In using the game that you made . IT , allowed me to be at maximum range 5 min. and 20 seconds from the convoy, which equaled maximum distance that I could fire hit, a merchant ship and make my escape I don't know if that will be enough time to avoid detection by the destroyers. But firing the torpedoes at close range is certaindeath after 1942. Of course that's just my opinion. PS I use the attack periscope. Now