Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-13, 04:25 PM   #1
MrWaxton
Swabbie

Downloads: 144
Uploads: 0
Unable To Update To 1.2 - Impossible.

Alright, I've looked online and on these forums trying to find a way to update Silent Hunter 5 from 1.1.5 to 1.2. I've tried everything from reinstalling (3 times so far) to using the gu.exe in the GameUpdater folder.

It refuses to patch. Once I click on the gu.exe, it instantly pops up saying, "Silent Hunter V has stopped working" and closes down. I've also downloaded the 1.2 patch from links I have seen on the forums here and no luck. It either says I don't need to patch game or it completes the install and it still says it is 1.1.5 at the main menu in-game. And in some cases (first attempt) the game stopped working altogether and I had to uninstall, download again, and reinstall. The Uplay launcher doesn't even work when I click play either. I have to manually go inside of the Silent Hunter V main folder and click the "sh5.exe" just to run the game.

I have Silent Hunter V Gold Edition. I downloaded this game from Gamestop's website. I'm beyond desperate on getting this game patched so I can use mods. It may just be that I'm a noob and am missing something but I just got this game a few days ago so I'm still trying to figure it out. This is by far the most problematic a game has ever been for me on my PC. I love the Silent Hunter series and I just want to get this game to work with mods and version 1.2.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
MrWaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 06:20 PM   #2
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWaxton View Post
Alright, I've looked online and on these forums trying to find a way to update Silent Hunter 5 from 1.1.5 to 1.2. I've tried everything from reinstalling (3 times so far) to using the gu.exe in the GameUpdater folder.

It refuses to patch. Once I click on the gu.exe, it instantly pops up saying, "Silent Hunter V has stopped working" and closes down. I've also downloaded the 1.2 patch from links I have seen on the forums here and no luck. It either says I don't need to patch game or it completes the install and it still says it is 1.1.5 at the main menu in-game. And in some cases (first attempt) the game stopped working altogether and I had to uninstall, download again, and reinstall. The Uplay launcher doesn't even work when I click play either. I have to manually go inside of the Silent Hunter V main folder and click the "sh5.exe" just to run the game.

I have Silent Hunter V Gold Edition. I downloaded this game from Gamestop's website. I'm beyond desperate on getting this game patched so I can use mods. It may just be that I'm a noob and am missing something but I just got this game a few days ago so I'm still trying to figure it out. This is by far the most problematic a game has ever been for me on my PC. I love the Silent Hunter series and I just want to get this game to work with mods and version 1.2.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Welcome aboard MrWaxton

This is unpacked patch 1.2.0 - http://www.4sync.com/archive/F_8nBTk..._unpacked.html
just extract it into your game's folder and accept all the replacements

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 07:08 PM   #3
MrWaxton
Swabbie

Wow! It works like a charm now! 1.2 in-game and everything. I can't believe I didn't think to look for an unpacked patch. Thank you!
Old 12-20-13, 10:06 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD!

Glad to hear it's working now.
Old 12-21-13, 05:11 AM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Welcome aboard MRWAXTON

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-13, 08:07 PM   #6
MrWaxton
Swabbie

Thanks guys! Happy to be aboard.
Old 08-23-17, 09:34 AM   #7
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Similar problem

hey all,

I'm having pretty much the same problem. I just purchased the same version, Digital Gold Edition, and when I run the updater file from the support folder it says unable to patch current edition. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Ive tried downloading it from different places, etc. no use.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, Thanks!
Old 08-23-17, 10:25 AM   #8
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi alex
This would seem to be a Game Launcher Problem as your game connects to Uplay before you use the game updater.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 11:46 AM   #9
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default 1.2

Thanks for the quick reply Berbster,

So what should I do?
Old 08-23-17, 12:02 PM   #10
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default A little Clarification

While I am trying to do the same thing, I have had different responses than mentioned in the op. When I try to run the installer it says it is unable to update current version.
Old 08-23-17, 01:06 PM   #11
THEBERBSTER

Hi alex
Sorry I was not able to give you an answer previously due to circumstances beyond my control, the wife.

Your current SH5.exe v1.0.5 try running it as an administrator.
Post #74 Run Both SH5.exe And Ubisoft Game Launcher Application's As Administrator's
Now try.
Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing

Failing that I would suggest a few things if possible.
Uninstall your new download if it has installed in C:\Program files (X86) folder as this is a restricted directory.
Try installing in this sort of path. C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5

I would suggest that you uninstall the game launcher from the control panel's program and features.
Always use a registry cleaner after any uninstalling and then reboot your system.
Post #70 How To Use The Free Registry Cleaner 'Ccleaner' > Includes Download Link
Download a new game launcher here and you can install it anywhere, lets say C:\Ubisoft
Post #97 SH5 Game Launcher Install It Anywhere On Any Drive
Hopefully one of these solutions will work for you.
Peter
Old 08-23-17, 01:07 PM   #12
alexv86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
cool Miraculous!

Weirdest thing... I thought I'd give it another try while on break at work, and it worked! Idk what I did differently, but it updated just like it was supposed to!
Old 08-23-17, 01:44 PM   #13
THEBERBSTER

Hi alex
Good to hear al is now ok.
Peter
Old 09-10-17, 01:06 AM   #14
Alexsej
Sailor man

Downloads: 125

The link to: "unpacked patch 1.2.0 - http://www.4sync.com/archive/F_8nBTk..._unpacked.html" is dead.
Is there any other link to 1.2.0 patch.
Alexsej is offline   Reply With Quote