SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-12, 05:01 PM   #1
Determan
Watch

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0
Tube doors don't close?

I was playing around yesterday with the tube doors and noticed something. "Q" and the message "Opening tube door" pops up int the text box. "W" and nuttin'! I could open more doors but no message when trying to close'm. I tried going around front with free cam and see but the water was too dark at the time. I've got SH3, GWX, SHC and alot of other smaller mods but I don't think any of the smaller ones have any effect on tube doors. could list all the mods if you really needed to know all of them.
Anyone else noticed this about the tube doors? Is it related to a mod by chance?
TIA!

Determan

"Any ship can be a minesweeper... once!"
Determan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 05:14 PM   #2
PacificWolf
Ensign

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determan View Post
I was playing around yesterday with the tube doors and noticed something. "Q" and the message "Opening tube door" pops up int the text box. "W" and nuttin'! I could open more doors but no message when trying to close'm. I tried going around front with free cam and see but the water was too dark at the time. I've got SH3, GWX, SHC and alot of other smaller mods but I don't think any of the smaller ones have any effect on tube doors. could list all the mods if you really needed to know all of them.
Anyone else noticed this about the tube doors? Is it related to a mod by chance?
TIA!

Determan
My first guess, try to run SH3 with GWX only and then check out the tubes if they working then You have a mod collision if not then You need to reinstal the game.

"All ships can dive, only submarines can surface"
PacificWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 06:07 PM   #3
Determan
Watch

I just went in and did the Brake mission and the water was clear enough to see. Doors did open (Q) AND close (W)! I also heard the sound for both the opening and closing, but noticed there was still no message for the door closing. I can live with that as long as the sound is heard of the closing. So, atleast I know it's working ok in the Brake mission.
Since I'm testing out Game Booster, will go back in and see if the frame changes much from it.
Thanks for the help but it seems ok now. Not sure why, still might not work right in career mode. More testing to do.
Troubleshooting here is like program debugging only there the time is spent assembling, compiling and linking; here it's the time for game loading lol!

Determan

Old 03-30-12, 06:58 PM   #4
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

Neither Stock nor GWX or any other (major) mod have a confirmation of the W key stroke for closing a tube. If you want to add the confirmation, you can do so by yourself:

Goto "Menu" folder and open en_menu.txt.
Scroll down to 4528 and add line 4529=Closing tube again, Herr Kaleun!
(the tube number doesn't work here!)
Save!

Now goto commands_en.cfg and search for command [Cmd311] and add
Str=4529

Additionally insert a < C > between the commata. It shall look like this:

[Cmd311]
Name=Close_sel_torpedo_tube
Ctxt=1
Str=4529
Key0=0x57,C,"W"

Add the < C > to [Cmd310] - between the commata!

Save!

You'll get:
<<Q>> = "Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!" + Opening tube x!
<<W>> = "Jawohl, Herr Kaleun!" + Closing tube again, Herr Kaleun!

bacdafucup!

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 07:58 PM   #5
Determan
Watch

Thanks Mittel! Your edit worked just fine on adding voice verification to the doors being closed! Since I have this programming bug <virus ? lol! i > guess the moddn' forum will be my next stop.
I really like the speed in which you fine people, er kaleuns, answer noob's questions on this site! Makes playin' SH3 much more enjoyable!
One more thing if anyone reads down this far (don't wanna start a new thread if I can get a quick answer here, I never have noticed the compressed air dial drop. I've tried a crash dive and an emergency surface to see if that would effect it but no joy. Would using the "limited" option under realism make this more likely to move?
One more (so many questions) for those who use Game Boost, I've noticed no change in frame rate. Possible my PC can't be helped by GB?
Thanks again for all the help!!!

Determan

Old 03-31-12, 06:49 AM   #6
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

Both questions: yes.

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doors, tube