Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-10, 02:17 PM   #25
bobc
Nub

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

I consider myself to be a prety good customer of Ubisoft's. I have let me see, Il2 Sturmovik, Il2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Pacific Fighters, Il2 1946 (I even bought that Bounty patch), Silent Hunter III, Silent Hunter IV, Silent Hunter U-Boat Missions, Silent HUnter V + Assassins Creed 1 & 2. I installed Silenet Hunter V last night and it took around 6 or 7 tries to get logged on. I did get logged on eventually and finished the 1st mission without getting sunk . The always on Internet connection is a PIA but I don't really see it lasting for ever, saying that if it does I will assume that it will get better as they get more experience with the various loads. DRM?, this is because of the movie and music industries refusal to adjust to the Internet and now its spread to the games industry. Another poster mentioned Stardock and Matrix games, I agree with his / her assessment that that is a better way of combating piracy and a lot simpler too. We all missed our chance to stop the DRM battle years ago when the Movie and Music industies started sueing people left right and centre. There should have been a boycott then pure and simple. The current power in the world is the US, they are run and to an extent governed by corporate lobbying and market qtr results, till that is fixed everyone else is following suit.
S!
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote