SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-15, 03:14 PM   #1336
ryujocarrierdude110
Watch

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 1

When is this coming out?

The Historic Mission String 2013
ryujocarrierdude110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 03:21 PM   #1337
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryujocarrierdude110 View Post
When is this coming out?
When it does.

I know that sounds like a canned answer, and it's one many of us have given over the years when this question is asked, and it has been asked many times of many mods. Please see my answer on the previous page, post #1333.
Old 04-23-15, 03:43 PM   #1338
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryujocarrierdude110 View Post
When is this coming out?
That's a question I ask every day.

It depends on my work/continuing education, as well as how much help I get. There are several things that I could use assistance with:

-Modeling ships in Wings3d (if you want your country's units included, you will need to help! As stated earlier, I myself will be focusing on British and German vessels). Any WWI ships are fine - please, no fictional warships or post-WWI ships. Generic fictional merchant ships or small boats are OK, as long as they look like World War I era craft.

-Low poly models of human beings, in appropriate WWI clothing - civilians and soldiers are needed.

-**VERY HIGH PRIORITY: From European fans, pictures of old-fashioned buildings - houses, etc that still look like they looked in 1914. Historic photos of towns and harbors from 1890 - 1918 would be extremely welcome.** I would like good, forward shots with no blurring, no tilting, and no modern accessories on the buildings like neon signs, etc. If you're European and live near old cottages/houses/churches, help out! Everyone has camera phones these days.

-Similarly, maps of European harbors & coastal towns

-Maps of lighthouses and lightships

-Pictures of European buoys

-Good profile photos of fish & marine life

-Lists of plausible ship names for major maritime countries - if you are Norwegian, French, Swedish, Italian, Dutch, Greek, or Danish you can probably help me out here

-Lists of plausible radio messages (ships sinking, survivors picked up, enemy vessels spotted, etc).

-Lists of major WWI military events for in-campaign newspapers

-Ideas, ideas, ideas. If you can't mod, throw ideas out there. I want this to be immersive, and I want the ocean/coastal environment to seem REAL. The idea is to even make transition to your patrol area interesting with all the little details, etc you notice in the game.

-Accented German voice acting (not a high priority, just throwing it out)
-Accented English/Scottish/Irish/Commonwealth voices (just in case)... Again, not making any promises, but we will see.

And Oliver, thanks for the info on U-20's gun. I had seen pictures of it in front of and behind the CT.

Regarding the submarine roster, U-93 class is likely to be added because I have a good model of it. I may also add UB-II and UB-III classes. Depends on what tricks I can use to force the game to recognize different hulls - IIRC there is a hard coded limit. But I think I can pull it off.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 03:55 PM   #1339
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

Hi, I don't know much about WW1 so are you going to include in this mod news about the war? Like radio messages about real or false successes or newspaper articles, I think would be cool because it could allow people (like me) to learn about WW1 via a video game.
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 04:08 PM   #1340
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164

OK.
IABL would you want a map with the most importants harbours of Mediterranean sea,Black sea and Baltic sea?
And would you want images of Trieste (that was the most important commercial harbour of the Austro-Hungarian Empire)?
For the bulgarian campaign I will send to you a message with all informations and images about the black sea in First World War(skinn of the submarine, images of Varna and a map with the patrol zones and the nautical routes of the russian,bulgarian,romanian and ottoman merchant ships and warships from 1915 to 1917)
PS I am making a new WW1 german sound mod for WOTK, I'm uniting the sounds of the film "Lusitania" with the old "SH4 german voice mod".

Last edited by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt; 04-23-15 at 04:35 PM.
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 07:17 PM   #1341
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

[QUOTE=avers;2308976]Hi, I don't know much about WW1 so are you going to include in this mod news about the war? Like radio messages about real or false successes or newspaper articles, I think would be cool because it could allow people (like me) to learn about WW1 via a video game.

Yes, there will be newspapers. They will tell of major, true events during the war: the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, Battle of the Marne, Verdun, bombing of London, etc.

Keep in mind that some articles will be propaganda, and exaggerate successes. There will be international wireless news service (through wireless messages) that will be fairly accurate. I would like to make wireless only accessible close to land (historical accuracy) but I don't think there's a way to mod this.

I posted earlier that you will also get your own headlines when you succeed or fail - that way, your wife/girlfriend can read all about your triumphs. Or find out that you're not coming home, thanks to a dumb mistake....

Old 04-23-15, 07:18 PM   #1342
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
OK.
IABL would you want a map with the most importants harbours of Mediterranean sea,Black sea and Baltic sea?
And would you want images of Trieste (that was the most important commercial harbour of the Austro-Hungarian Empire)?
For the bulgarian campaign I will send to you a message with all informations and images about the black sea in First World War(skinn of the submarine, images of Varna and a map with the patrol zones and the nautical routes of the russian,bulgarian,romanian and ottoman merchant ships and warships from 1915 to 1917)
PS I am making a new WW1 german sound mod for WOTK, I'm uniting the sounds of the film "Lusitania" with the old "SH4 german voice mod".
Great. Thank you! maps of the major harbors, especially, will be useful, along with shipping routes. Any voice sounds would also be helpful.
Old 04-24-15, 05:17 AM   #1343
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

i believe it is "Das Vaterland", not "Die Vaterland" , an Austro-Hungarian Newspaper ?

[QUOTE=iambecomelife;2309019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
Hi, I don't know much about WW1 so are you going to include in this mod news about the war? Like radio messages about real or false successes or newspaper articles, I think would be cool because it could allow people (like me) to learn about WW1 via a video game.

Yes, there will be newspapers. They will tell of major, true events during the war: the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, Battle of the Marne, Verdun, bombing of London, etc.

Keep in mind that some articles will be propaganda, and exaggerate successes. There will be international wireless news service (through wireless messages) that will be fairly accurate. I would like to make wireless only accessible close to land (historical accuracy) but I don't think there's a way to mod this.

I posted earlier that you will also get your own headlines when you succeed or fail - that way, your wife/girlfriend can read all about your triumphs. Or find out that you're not coming home, thanks to a dumb mistake....

Old 04-24-15, 05:45 AM   #1344
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Yes; the title needs to be corrected. My German's not good (I took Spanish!) Will do before release.
Old 04-24-15, 07:31 AM   #1345
中国水兵

IABL for the Neutral navies I found the mayor ships ofthe Norwegian navy;
if you want ships of others navies, ask and I will find all the ships.

Edisvold class BB

Tordenskjold clss CA

1-class TB
for the map of the black sea, baltic sea and mediterranean sea I'm making progress
Old 04-24-15, 05:31 PM   #1346
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586

Hey guys, I'm going to download wings3d and learn how to use it, so I can help u out IABL. One question, when k go to the website to download wings3d there is a list of different versions of the program. What version should I get?
avers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 06:14 PM   #1347
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to download wings3d and learn how to use it, so I can help u out IABL. One question, when k go to the website to download wings3d there is a list of different versions of the program. What version should I get?
Stable Release 1.5.3

If you have 32 bit Windows, then get 32. If you have 64 bit, then get 64.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-15, 03:42 PM   #1348
Chrisi078
A-ganger

Downloads: 57

TheGreatWar Kanal
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
Der Untergang der Szent Istvan (German)

Britannic 2000 Movie

The WW1 Troopships

Chrisi078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-15, 11:36 AM   #1349
中国水兵

Sailors I found a lot of famous sunk hospital ships of Italy, Austria-Hungary, Germany, UK and Russia.
Russia:
HS Portugal (sunk, by u-33 near Trazbon, black sea on may 17th 1916)

before ww1

during ww1
Austria:
HS Tirol (sunk by mine off Durazzo, south adriatic sea, on may 16th 1916)

Italy:
RN Marechiaro (sunk by mine near albanian coast on february 21th 1916)

Germany:
HS Tabora (sunk off Das es Salaam on march 23th 1916)

UK:
HMHS Llandovery Castle (sunk by U-86 off south Irlandon on june 27th 1918)

PS for the maps I'm making progress.

Last edited by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt; 04-27-15 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-28-15, 02:11 PM   #1350
中国水兵

IABL the map of the Baltic Sea ( from august 8th 1914 tom march 3rd 1918) is ready.
legend:
1) ports with flag: most important harbours;
2) stressed ports: minor harbours;
3) "N-ports": neutral harbours;
4) iron crosses: u-boats attack zones.
imprtant battles:
Battle of Gotland ( july 2nd 1915) anglo-russian victory;
Battle of Riga's Gulf (from 8th to 19th august 1915) anglo-russian victory;
Battle of Sound Moon ( from october 16th to november 3rd 1917) german victory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mar baltico 14_17.jpg (86.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt; 05-23-15 at 11:32 AM.