SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-16, 11:12 AM   #1
frankiekam
Seaman

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0
Default Can't get the "Extreme weather wet gear" mod to work

Hi Das Boot people

I have GWX3.0 Gold and Extreme Weather wet gear mod. I can't see to get the men on the conning tower to be seen in the black waterproof garbs (which is what I expected to see). Oh you know like scene in Das Boot where you see the water jetting over and onto them as the sub cuts through the surface of the sea. They're wearing water-proofs in the show (and as in real life). I have played SH3 missions where it is dark, lots or waves and the rain is coming down - but the men on the conning tower look like they're still wearing the cottons more suited to the U-Boat base in Penang, Malaysia. Given the extreme temperatures of the North Atlantic Ocean, I reckon my submarine men would be dead in minutes from hypothermia. I even tried to manually drag and drop the submarine staff from the sub's departments to the conning tower with the sub surfaced. Still wearing cottons. No joy. What gives?

regards
Frankie Kam

Last edited by frankiekam; 01-16-16 at 11:18 AM.
frankiekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 10:47 PM   #2
Reed1941
Seaman

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0

Hi mate,

Although I'm not familiar with that mod, I sometimes get this behavior in my game. Usually, I dive and surface again and the problem goes away. But you may want to check if the mod is conflicting with something else. Try activating just this mod and see what happens.

Regards,

Reed