SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-15, 06:18 AM   #1
mirage3000
Seaman

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0
Default Mod list review

Can someone well experienced tell me if this soup that I've made has some errors in terms of order and conflicts? It looks ok when I play the game and visuals are right as I wanted to be, I just want to ask if there is some possible error that can occur that I'm not currently not aware of or if there is something that should be added beyond this. It's really difficult to keep in pace with everything that happend in previous years because I was not active so I need an advice about this so I don't get stranded on the beginning.

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for RSRDCv502
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC_OTC
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB
#1 ISE New clouds+Waves
#2 ISE Realistic Colors

Thanks!
mirage3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 07:39 AM   #2
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Looks ok, except #1 ISE New clouds+Waves which *may* screw up the sensors and, hence, detection.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 07:50 AM   #3
mirage3000
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast View Post
Looks ok, except #1 ISE New clouds+Waves which *may* screw up the sensors and, hence, detection.
That I had to add at the end because most probably OTC or ISP screws up waves so badly that it looks like shattered glass. Don't know if its with shaders or what but my eyes were bleeding when I saw it

I experimented with Traveller mod but visual appearance of waves and skies were terrible so I didn't put it in the mix with others.

I'm not sure also about zoom in/out on periscopes that I'm currently experiencing with this mod mix. It acts wierd with left/right click combination I'm never sure when it will work or not. Don't know if it has to do something with OTC.

Last edited by mirage3000; 07-10-15 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-10-15, 02:57 PM   #4
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Can't be OTC because it doesn't touch any environmental aspects (I'm using it, as well). ISP I'm not familiar with (it's a mod that popped up when I was away from the game), but I think it only deals with how the sub interacts with the water. The periscope zoom in/out issue I'm getting, as well; it takes a few tries and a bit of clicking to get it working but it's only a minor issue so I mostly ignore it.

When I set about merging ISE with TMO I did notice that the enemy's sensors had been affected, but I have tampered with their detection range in my game so I had to readjust their sensors to bring them to my liking again. Play for a while and see how the enemy behaves.

ETA: OK, I poked inside ISP and I see that it comes with its own version of scene.dat. Try this: deactivate ISE #1 New clouds+Waves and then ISP, remove the scene.dat file from ISPs Data folder and activate it again (do not reactivate ISE #1). If the water is back to normal, you've found your culprit (and hopefully didn't mess up the mod too badly!).

Let the Beast inside you free!

Last edited by DrBeast; 07-10-15 at 03:06 PM.
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 07:09 PM   #5
mirage3000
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast View Post
Can't be OTC because it doesn't touch any environmental aspects (I'm using it, as well). ISP I'm not familiar with (it's a mod that popped up when I was away from the game), but I think it only deals with how the sub interacts with the water. The periscope zoom in/out issue I'm getting, as well; it takes a few tries and a bit of clicking to get it working but it's only a minor issue so I mostly ignore it.

When I set about merging ISE with TMO I did notice that the enemy's sensors had been affected, but I have tampered with their detection range in my game so I had to readjust their sensors to bring them to my liking again. Play for a while and see how the enemy behaves.

ETA: OK, I poked inside ISP and I see that it comes with its own version of scene.dat. Try this: deactivate ISE #1 New clouds+Waves and then ISP, remove the scene.dat file from ISPs Data folder and activate it again (do not reactivate ISE #1). If the water is back to normal, you've found your culprit (and hopefully didn't mess up the mod too badly!).
You are completely right. I've thought much about it and in the end I completely ditched ISP and found something that suits me considering the visual appearance and what looks to me as realistic weather/water/enviro/colors. This is my final mix:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Silent Hunter 4\MODS]

1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8 to 5 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_German PPI Screen
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB
#1 ISE New clouds+Waves
#2 ISE Realistic Colors

Old 07-11-15, 08:26 PM   #6
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

I prefer action over visuals. I love to use ISP because it makes it more realistic. I would drop eye candy over realism any day which is why I would rather have ISP over ISE.

I have used plenty of mods and I have not seen anything that comes close to wave action and force effect upon the boat that ISP has to offer.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
FJB_Navigation_Maps
FJB Color Navigation Map
Gyoraitei
11 New Ships + Yamato AA Fix by Miner1436
Ship pack 1