SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-17, 11:12 PM   #361
ChaosphereIX
Mate

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX3 View Post
You could join the Discord server, which would allow you to talk to myself and the other mod contributors directly about your ideas. We have our own channel for the mod itself there now. Just keep in mind that not all of your suggestions will always be accepted. Sometimes things are set a certain way for a certain reason, even if it's not realistic. It's good to let us know if something is wrong, but we might not always change it for whatever reason LOL.

Oh, and FYI for anyone who might be curious... devs have told us that textures will be opened in the next update. We'll be able to fully texture all units within the game, meaning that subs can be textured and colored properly and the US ships from the Russian campaign can be retextured to make them look a lot better. There's lots more coming so stay tuned.
great, joined the discord
ChaosphereIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 04:30 PM   #362
Skyhigh
A-ganger

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

The Dutch subs have hud/default1 in their files

This means that the program will give an error when loading as there appears not to be a default1.
Skyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 10:35 AM   #363
StillFabry
Nub

Downloads: 49

Very intresting MOD!!!!
And, periscope MASK and RADAR work well in all type of submarine, not like other mods.
But i think there are some things not so good. For example U can play USS and Russian SUBS in all 2 campaing (i dont like), some subs look very different theme of standard game subs (more darker or very different skin from original game)
GRAT MOD!!!!! but to much confusional, alot of similar sub (and dont like they are more dark in pick phase and very different from standard skin sub). Aot of New confusional weapons. And u can use all SUB in all campagin (there are no difference in 1968 1984 or USA or Russian) can be the best mod of all time, but for now is to much messy
StillFabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-17, 09:02 PM   #364
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFabry View Post
Very intresting MOD!!!!
And, periscope MASK and RADAR work well in all type of submarine, not like other mods.
But i think there are some things not so good. For example U can play USS and Russian SUBS in all 2 campaing (i dont like), some subs look very different theme of standard game subs (more darker or very different skin from original game)
GRAT MOD!!!!! but to much confusional, alot of similar sub (and dont like they are more dark in pick phase and very different from standard skin sub). Aot of New confusional weapons. And u can use all SUB in all campagin (there are no difference in 1968 1984 or USA or Russian) can be the best mod of all time, but for now is to much messy
Many of our users requested the ability to use any sub in any campaign. Some people like playing Russian subs in the US campaign and vice versa. The option is there for those who want it, just scroll past to the Russian subs if you don't want to use a US sub.

The "dark" subs you mention is actually a bug within the vanilla game that we cannot fix. Sometimes when scrolling through subs, and then scrolling backwards, you'll end up with a solid black texture instead of the normal black texture. Nothing we can do there.

The new weapons and new subs are as historically accurate as we can make them. We cannot add new sub models to the game, they're locked, so we have to make do with what we have.

If the mod is too messy for you, that's great, don't use it.

New Playable Subs & More - A Mod For Cold Waters

https://github.com/CaptainX3/CW-Playable-Subs

"We'll settle this the old Navy way... the first guy to die loses!"
CaptainX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 09:49 AM   #365
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Mod Updated!

Old 09-16-17, 01:59 PM   #366
OrangeFr3ak
Watch

Downloads: 45

It'll be nice to see the PLAN's Wuhan, Ming and Song submarines!
OrangeFr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 02:29 PM   #367
PLAN 09V
Nub

Downloads: 12

It's great to see the addition of the Chinese subs. I would like to point out a little problem to help making them more accurate.

First of all, the PLAN never named their subs by the different dynasties in the Chinese history. Names like Han, Shang and Xia were all given by NATO.

They were also not named with just Arabic numerals like 091, which a lot of military fans think is accurate enough. The most official designations for them would be a combination of Arabic numerals and Roman numeral. All PLAN nuclear submarine designations starts with 09, and then the last number will be in Roman numeral, like 09I, 09II, 09III and 09IV.

However, it would be a different story with the Chinese conventional/AIP subs. Most of the time their designation doesn't include Roman numerals.

I can't wait to see the addition of 09IV ballistic sub and conventional subs like 039 series.

If you have any question regarding these subs, feel free to let me know.
PLAN 09V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-17, 03:38 PM   #368
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAN 09V View Post
It's great to see the addition of the Chinese subs. I would like to point out a little problem to help making them more accurate.

First of all, the PLAN never named their subs by the different dynasties in the Chinese history. Names like Han, Shang and Xia were all given by NATO.

They were also not named with just Arabic numerals like 091, which a lot of military fans think is accurate enough. The most official designations for them would be a combination of Arabic numerals and Roman numeral. All PLAN nuclear submarine designations starts with 09, and then the last number will be in Roman numeral, like 09I, 09II, 09III and 09IV.

However, it would be a different story with the Chinese conventional/AIP subs. Most of the time their designation doesn't include Roman numerals.

I can't wait to see the addition of 09IV ballistic sub and conventional subs like 039 series.

If you have any question regarding these subs, feel free to let me know.
Most of the subs in the mod use the NATO designations for ease of identification. The Typhoon, Akula, and Alfa class Russian subs certainly aren't called that in Russia LOL. But, it's easier to identify a Xia class than a Type 92 class. Even if the creator didn't do this, I personally would, because I want the class name I can easily identify.

As for the sub names and numbers, I'll point out that info to the sub's creator, and if he wishes to change it he can.

Old 09-16-17, 09:35 PM   #369
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Beta 1.08 was released a couple hours ago. This update breaks the mod due to changes in some files. We're aware of the problem and working to fix it. In the meantime, either don't update the beta until we get a fix released or opt out to return to the normal 1.07e version of the game. A fix will be released as soon as we can manage it.

Old 09-16-17, 09:39 PM   #370
PLAN 09V
Nub

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Most of the subs in the mod use the NATO designations for ease of identification. The Typhoon, Akula, and Alfa class Russian subs certainly aren't called that in Russia LOL. But, it's easier to identify a Xia class than a Type 92 class. Even if the creator didn't do this, I personally would, because I want the class name I can easily identify.

As for the sub names and numbers, I'll point out that info to the sub's creator, and if he wishes to change it he can.

After playing these Chinese subs for testing, I found that the shapes/colors/weapons/systems are not very accurate. About the shapes, I apologize that I am not good at describing them, but there are plenty of images you can find online to correct the shapes. I would like to point out 5 major problems that I see here.

1. There's at least two version of 09I in real life, the first batch of two boats (1970s) are in light blue+light brown color, capable of using Yu-1, Yu-2, Yu-3 and Yu-4 torpedo, sonar suite was Type 603, these two boats have no anechoic tiles. Noise level of these two boats were terrible.

The second batch of 3 boats were built after 1980. They came with black anechoic tiles, plus other noise reduction effort, bringing it's noise level to a slightly better level, but still cannot compare with US/USSR subs of the same period. For this batch, the sonar suite was replaced by H/SQ2-262B, Yu-1I, Yu-4I/II were added. In the 1990s, YJ-82 missile, Yu-3I/II/III and Yu-5 torpedos were also added.

Similar upgrades were applied to Type 09II.

In the game the baseline 09I has the wrong shape, wrong color, wrong sonar, and missing the Yu-1/2/4 torpedoes. YJ-82 should not exist in the 1980s. Similar problems with 09II as well.

2. 09II should have 6 torpedo tube instead of 4 in the game. There were two technical status of 09II. Before the major upgrades, 09II has no anechoic tiles, painted in light blue+light brown, sonar was Type 604. After the upgrade, black anechoic tiles were added, the sonar was changed to H/SQ2-262B.

3. Baseline 09III should be equipped with H/SQG-207 sonar(not H/SQC-207, wrong name in the game), adding Yu-3I/II/III, Yu-5 and Yu-6 torpedos, plus YJ-82 missile, noise level should be close to Victor III.

With 09IIIA, Yu-9 torpedo should be added, noise level would be slightly louder than early Los Angeles class. Sonar was upgraded with a classified type similar to AN/BQQ-10 of Sea Wolf/Virginia.

On 09IIIB we should see the addition of the latest Yu-10 torpedo, it's also able to use part of the YJ-18 family, including baseline YJ-18(tube launch anti ship missile), YJ-18A(VLS launch anti ship missile), and the YJ-18B(VLS launch land attack cruise missile). CJ-10 should not be included. Noise level of 09IIIB is slightly better than early Los Angeles, sonar suite was upgraded to a classified type similar to Sonar 2076 of Astute. H/SJG-208 towed array is also added.

There should be major shape changes with 09IIIB, conning tower has an improved design similar to Sea Wolf/Virginia, VLS missile bay should be located right behind conning tower.

4. CY-1 and its entire series of anti-sub missile never entered service with PLAN, none of their subs should be carrying them. PLAN subs were not equipped with anti-sub missiles until some of the most recent modifications.

Baseline 09III has no capability of using any anti-sub missile (at least before upgrade), if you wanna put something for the improved models, the closest thing would be Yu-8 anti-sub missile.

If dev wish to add more Chinese torpedos and missiles in the next upgrade, I can write an introduction for them.

Last edited by PLAN 09V; 09-17-17 at 02:12 PM.
PLAN 09V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 12:34 AM   #371
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAN 09V View Post
After playing these Chinese subs for testing, I found that the shapes/colors/weapons/systems are not very accurate. About the shapes, I apologize that I am not good at describing them, but there are plenty of images you can find online to correct the shapes. I would like to point out 5 major problems that I see here.

1. There's at least two version of 09I in real life, the first batch of two boats (1970s) are in light blue+light brown color, capable of using Yu-1, Yu-2, Yu-3 and Yu-4 torpedo, sonar suite was Type 603, these two boats have no anechoic tiles. Noise level of these two boats were terrible.

The second batch of 3 boats were built after 1980. They came with black anechoic tiles, plus other noise reduction effort, bringing it's noise level to a slightly better level, but still cannot compare with US/USSR subs of the same period. For this batch, the sonar suite was replaced by H/SQ2-262B, Yu-1I, Yu-4I/II were added. In the 1990s, YJ-82 missile, Yu-3I/II/III and Yu-5 torpedos were also added.

Similar upgrades were applied to Type 09II.

In the game the baseline 09I has the wrong shape, wrong color, wrong sonar, and missing the Yu-1/2/4 torpedoes. YJ-82 should not exist in the 1980s. Similar problems with 09II as well.

2. 09II should have 6 torpedo tube instead of 4 in the game. There were two technical status of 09II. Before the major upgrades, 09II has no anechoic tiles, painted in light blue+light brown, sonar was Type 604. After the upgrade, black anechoic tiles were added, the sonar was changed to H/SQ2-262B.

3. Baseline 09III should be equipped with H/SQG-207 sonar(not H/SQC-207, wrong name in the game), adding Yu-3I/II/III, Yu-5 and Yu-6 torpedos, plus YJ-82 missile, noise level should be close to Victor III.

With 09IIIA, Yu-9 torpedo should be added, noise level would be slightly louder than early Los Angeles class. Sonar was upgraded with a classified type similar to AN/BQQ-10 of Sea Wolf/Virginia.

On 09IIIB we should see the addition of the latest Yu-10 torpedo, it's also able to use part of the YJ-18 family, including baseline YJ-18(tube launch anti ship missile), YJ-18A(VLS launch anti ship missile), and the YJ-18B(VLS launch land attack cruise missile). CJ-10 should not be included. Noise level of 09IIIB is slightly better than early Los Angeles, sonar suite was upgraded to a classified type similar to Sonar 2076 of Astute. H/SJG-208 towed array is also added.

There should be major shape changes with 09IIIB, conning tower has an improved design similar to Sea Wolf/Virginia, VLS missile bay should be located right behind conning tower.

4. 603, 604 and H/SQ2-262B are not hull mounted sonar, they are mast mounted. While H/SQG-207, along with 09IIIA/B's sonar, are hull mounted passive sonar.

5. CY-1 and its entire series of anti-sub missile never entered service with PLAN, none of their subs should be carrying them. PLAN subs were not equipped with anti-sub missiles until some of the most recent modifications.

Baseline 09III has no capability of using any anti-sub missile (at least before upgrade), if you wanna put something for the improved models, the closest thing would be Yu-8 anti-sub missile.

If dev wish to add more Chinese torpedos and missiles in the next upgrade, I can write an introduction for them.
Very little can be done with the shape (and until a short time ago the color) of these subs due to modding constraints on the game (i.e. not being able to add any sort of 3d model which didn't ship with the game due to the limitations of the Unity engine).

Textures are a different story now though, as of beta 1.08 3rd party textures are able to be recognized by the game and applied to models. This is a game changer.

As far as the weapons and systems go, somebody who actually works on / contributes to the mod can tell you more but I'll try to give you an answer. Please don't be offended by this but usually for them to change stuff they need a little bit more than just your word on it. Again this is not meant to say that your information is incorrect or that I don't believe you but please provide some sources for what you are saying and it will be much more likely to get rectified / included in the mod.
Old 09-17-17, 08:48 PM   #372
CaptainX3
Electrician's Mate

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Because v1.08 is still a beta and does have bugs, we're not going to update the public download of the mod until 1.08 goes completely live. Those still using game version 1.07e should be fine as is.

For those of you who are on the beta and the mod is not working, you can go to the URL below to download a copy of the mod that works on 1.08. Simply click on the green "Clone or Download" button and choose Download Zip.

Be forewarned that you'll be downloading a copy of the mod that has our latest changes, which means not everything is exactly as we plan in the final version. You'll definitely see some subs with texture changes already, and other changes. That link allows you to download from the same place that the mod developers access files from, so you're getting the very latest version... new changes and bugs included LOL.

Old 09-17-17, 11:34 PM   #373
Strychninez
Nub

Downloads: 18

Thanks mate - was waiting for the 1.08!
Strychninez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 01:15 AM   #374
jacobaubertin
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 18

Quote:
ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Beta 1.08 was released a couple hours ago. This update breaks the mod due to changes in some files. We're aware of the problem and working to fix it. In the meantime, either don't update the beta until we get a fix released or opt out to return to the normal 1.07e version of the game. A fix will be released as soon as we can manage it.
I figured this was exactly what happened, lol! No problem, Boss. Take all the time you need. This mod is, like another user said, "mandatory."
jacobaubertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-17, 09:42 AM   #375
Husi3
Nub

Downloads: 57

first , GREET MOD
Hm , on the german 212A class i see no masts. No Periscop, radar and no ESM.

Sorry for my bad english

Greetings
Husi3 is offline   Reply With Quote