SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-23, 10:31 AM   #1
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0
Default Kaelun,the recognition manual is super dark RANT

The recognition manual is super dark to point of being like a comedy skit I watched recently.

Man1:I am better than you cause "I" have gone solar!!
Man2: I guess
Man1:I rarely use local city electricity and all my light bulbs are fluorescent and max 35 watts!
Man2:Oh yeah?! Well...I can't see you....you are dim....YOUR DIM!!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10154277590353215

This darkness is cause of trying to simulate eye adaptation but somewhere someone went overboard. heck even when its done just slightly I have a hard time reading the info.

But there is other issues.So many ships in Sh3 since my last foray 9yrs ago now its a huge task to find what the ship is to point of not being realistic...IMO.I use NYGM Enhanced and can tell you its downright impossible at times.I use the weapons operator to identify ship to find the type but the name doesn't pop up anywhere.So now I must scroll thru(290 ships folders)numerous kinda nauseating amounts of pics searching for an elusive check mark that I can hardly see.

In real life no doubt when you were tasked to go patrol waters around the Polish port you had info on what countries were trading with the Polish and what to look out for.Not a merchant book filled with numerous unreadable pics of ships.

So now,how to fix something that with more and more ships being added will only get worse and worse??

Please be gentle....btw

For anyone interested I brightened up the NYGM Enhanced manual here

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lwdak...Manual.7z/file

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 03-02-23 at 12:06 AM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote