Old 02-13-19, 04:58 PM   #6631
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Trains, planes and nitwits.

It's funny, kinda sad but unfortunately true.

"po-faced generalissimos" I just have to find a use for that name!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-13-19, 05:29 PM   #6632
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Looks like the dims are going to run their canoe aground on the rock that is their ridiculous "green new deal". Thanks so much for the gift!

Now about that money California needs to give back to the Federal government from their spectacularly failed high speed rail system. We've got a better idea where to spend it already.
California gives more back to the Feds than it ever receives. How about your state?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-13-19, 09:28 PM   #6633
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
California gives more back to the Feds than it ever receives. How about your state?

Even more now that the Feds have limited your state tax deductions.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-14-19, 02:51 AM   #6634
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Even more now that the Feds have limited your state tax deductions.

Them that want big government should be them that pay for it, just as it should be. Oh, except a wall. They don't want a wall, but a train tunnel to Hawaii that's just the ticket.
Old 02-14-19, 04:24 AM   #6635
Buddahaid

Quote:
Them that want big government should be them that pay for it, just as it should be. Oh, except a wall. They don't want a wall, but a train tunnel to Hawaii that's just the ticket.
I didn't think you'd answer the question. Just more smarmy rhetoric.

David Bowie
Old 02-14-19, 09:59 AM   #6636
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

I know that 2020 is a long way off but we already have a crowded Democrat field of candidates vying for that sure thing that they think will happen. No predictions from me yet but Ed Rogers of The Washington Post asks a very good question in this article.

What Trump policies are Democrats running against?

https://www.postandcourier.com/opini...13898ad50.html

It's a good question.

Quote:
As the Democratic race for the 2020 presidential nomination gets underway, the contenders are trying to determine how to best distinguish themselves. So far, the only unifying theme among all candidates is that President Donald Trump is unfit and he and his Republican policies must go.
That's pretty thin.

Quote:
So, the vain, vindictive “enfant terrible” president is doing more than just energizing the Democrats. By fostering bothersome economic prosperity and making foreign policy moves that no one will want to undo, Trump is effectively rendering much of the traditional debate about peace and prosperity off limits to Democrats.
Right now it seems like all they have is to out 'Trump' Trump. Think building a wall and getting Mexico to pay for it was dumb. How about the 'Green New Deal'? Equally absurd.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-14-19, 10:39 AM   #6637
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Looks like the dims are going to run their canoe aground on the rock that is their ridiculous "green new deal". Thanks so much for the gift!
Yeah, no joke. Hearing about this idea that we can end fossil fuels in 10 years, I just have to shake my head. No grasp of reality. Has this woman ever worked a job in a chemical plant or refinery? Probably never even toured one. She must imagine our economy is built on hipsters, iPads, Starbuck and Amazon.

After reading this, I was amazed I never heard Sen. Moynihan's phrase, “leakage of reality from American life.” But I like it, it's appropriate, and I have said for a long time, that's the biggest problem with Liberals, they really have no grasp on reality. Wishing things would work a certain way is nothing but wishful thinking when reality rules it out. May as well accept reality, that's what you'll get.

Reality Continues to Leak from American Life

Quote:
n 1994, the Clinton administration decreed a bright shining future for education. Its Goals 2000 legislation proclaimed that by that year America’s high-school-graduation rate would be 90 percent and American students would lead the world in math and science achievements. Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan (D., N.Y.) was unimpressed: “That will not happen.” It didn’t, to the surprise of no one with an inkling of reality’s viscosity.

Bill Clinton’s (then Congress’s) goals, which Moynihan compared to the Soviet Union’s penchant for delusional grain quotas, illustrated what the senator called the “leakage of reality from American life.” Speaking of which:

Democrats, including many presidential candidates, have endorsed something that makes Goals 2000 look like the soul of sobriety. The Green New Deal’s FAQ sheet says:

In ten years America will have only non-carbon renewable energy. (Exxon Mobil plans to produce 25 percent more oil and gas in 2025 than in 2017.) By then, “every building in America” will be environmentally retrofitted, “farting cows” (methane gas; say goodbye to hamburgers) will be on the way out, fast electric trains will make airplanes unnecessary, “every combustion-engine vehicle” will be gone (but relax: charging stations will be “everywhere”).
That's just stunning.
Old 02-14-19, 01:56 PM   #6638
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Any word how that 25 million dollar boondoggle is going? What can we expect from all of this beside more piles of political hay? I heard that little pop-eyed weasel from California has put together a team of analysts and started his own investigation. Did the all powerfull OZ Mr. Mueller miss something? But I suppose that in itself tells me they just pissed away 25 million U.S. taxpayer dollars. GUBN'T BOONDOGGLES lawyers walk away with millions and we get stuck with the bill AGAIN.

Wheres all the Schiffettes to tell us how it was all worth it?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-14-19 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-14-19, 04:39 PM   #6639
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Remember when that jackass in the White House signed an executive order that no one from his administration can get into lobbying for 5 years after they leave? Funny, 33 of them are in DC as lobbyists or work for lobbying firms. Including that other jackass Zinke! Told you he talks out of both sides of his arse,lol Donnie boy says says nothing about it. Total walking POS!!

Al Capone
Old 02-14-19, 04:59 PM   #6640
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Remember when that jackass in the White House signed an executive order that no one from his administration can get into lobbying for 5 years after they leave? Funny, 33 of them are in DC as lobbyists or work for lobbying firms. Including that other jackass Zinke! Told you he talks out of both sides of his arse,lol Donnie boy says says nothing about it. Total walking POS!!
The executive order is pasted on the White House website
(n) “Lobbying activities” has the same meaning as that term has in the Lobbying Disclosure Act, except that the term does not include communicating or appearing with regard to: a judicial proceeding; a criminal or civil law enforcement inquiry, investigation, or proceeding; or any agency process for rulemaking, adjudication, or licensing, as defined in and governed by the Administrative Procedure Act, as amended, 5 U.S.C. 551 et seq.

No doubt its a loop hole but it should have been no surprise to you. Its there in black in white for anyone with access to the internet to read. Looking at history almost every administration in some form or fashion has done this. Thanks to the us'in agin' them'ins party fanboys it just keeps repeating itself.

Instead of 'We the people..' it should be changed to 'We the party...' because it appears to me these days it's all that matters.

My question remains after 25 million tax payer dollars and climbing was it worth it? I know what we the party got from it but what did we the people get besides picking up the tab?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-14-19 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-15-19, 06:09 AM   #6641
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Democratic and Republican politicians have sharply criticised President Trump's plan to use emergency powers to pay for a border wall with Mexico.

The rarely-used move would enable Mr Trump to bypass Congress, which has refused to approve the money needed.

Senior Democrats accused the president of a "gross abuse of power" and a "lawless act". Several Republicans also voiced concern at the plan.

Building a border wall was a key campaign pledge of Mr Trump's campaign.

Declaring a national emergency would give Mr Trump access to billions of dollars for his project.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47247726
Looks like his patience is about to come to an end.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-15-19, 04:15 PM   #6642
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Interesting Tweet on the subject of a President's use of executive action, emergency orders, etc., from a prominent Republican...

Quote:

Repubs must not allow Pres Obama to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress.

Gee, I wonder who said that?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 20, 2014

I guess what's good for the Obama is not good for the Trump...

...and then there's this; another prominent Republican shares his opinion on the misuse of presidential poweres:

Quote:

“Issues of this magnitude should always be resolved with the consent of the governed. Signing an executive order, giving a speech, barnstorming around the country defending that executive order is not leadership.”

“I would implore the president to reconsider this path and to demonstrate the kind of leadership that the American people long to see. And that this administration would sit down with ... Congress and find genuine common ground on border security. There’s a series of piece-by-piece reforms that I believe that could be advanced in this Congress that would be in the long-term interest of the American people on this issue.”

Source here:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ecutive-action

<O>
Old 02-15-19, 04:34 PM   #6643
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

This problem is not going to be solved over night ... this security for our border will last all the way to the 2020 election cycle, which has already started for the democrats.

You can't believe the polls, you can't trust the drummed up news media, you can't trust your prejudism for or against the men and women running for POTUS ...

What can you trust? I trust my intuition that their are more people for President Trump than the men and women running against him have for them.

This wall problem is a made up democrats hatred of President Trump and it will back fire on them. Only a nerd can't see the hatred of the democrats against the President.

Trump will win again in 2020 and this border security prolem will play a big role.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-15-19, 05:35 PM   #6644
Buddahaid

I'll never support a wall project that doesn't have a plan beyond Trump wanting one.

David Bowie
Old 02-15-19, 06:14 PM   #6645
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm against the wall and the only reason why is nature.

There are some species who take the trip two times per year from south America to North America and Vice-Versa.

They will be prevented to take their normal trip.

Most of them are birds so here's no problems

Markus
mapuc is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter